HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Grab car - I have a Friend that was charged under penal code 403

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #16
EJB
High Supremacy Member

TS, be a man, just admit and case close, you drag longer, go for trial etc, your fine will be harsher.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

my friend = grab car = sg pr = sold stolen goods in msia = got caught and charged = TS = MIA liao...
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:55 AM   #18
High Supremacy Member

Wow! How was he caught?
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #19
Senior Moderator

He is a Singapore permeant resident ..
Just because of 2 handphone that he sold it to Malaysia ...

What do u think will be the verdict ?

Dishonest misappropriation of property

403.**

Whoever dishonestly misappropriates or converts to his own use movable property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine, or with both.
Instead of returning the handphones to the owners, he sold them off in Malaysia, I think he deserves to be punished.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #20

Deserved to be punished.

Blatant greed. Could have easily returned the phones but chose to sell it off in Malaysia. Malaysia cause want to avoid detection in SG. No remorse at all.
iamveryguailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #21
EJB
High Supremacy Member

I kena many times, I make them come down take it back from me.

Only once the lady very nice, I arranged to drop off at her block if I pass by. End up I didn't so on my off work day I drove to her workplace return her.

Got one pair of chao ang moh, insist their phone dropped in my car, I check check, cannot find, they accuse my next batch of passengers take, and say if I still can't find, tell me they want to call police - insinuating I took it.

Told them go ahead. My record very clean with Uber.

Sometimes very hard to be 'human'.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #22
High Supremacy Member

I say my friend..

I am a sinkie...

How can i be SPR ?... -_-

think if a SPR holds a TDVL -_-

Last edited by Soomp!; 08-02-2018 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: 12
Soomp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #23
High Supremacy Member

So, to answer the question ‘What do you think will be the verdict [sic]?’, we will visit some of the prominent cases where serious criminal offences were commited by permanent residents.

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) confirms that:
“Any permanent resident (PR) who has been convicted of an offence will have his PR status reviewed by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.”

It was also reported that the ICA “... also has a longstanding policy of revoking the PR status of foreigners who are convicted of crimes.” and “... PRs must respect and abide by Singapore's laws.”
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ked-in-nov-ica

Accordingly, if the verdict is guilty, it is likely that the offender will be punished accordingly and have his permanent residency revoked.

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/yan...us-was-revoked
I hope this is the case...

but high profile...

this case consider high or low?...

i ever heard long back someone theft and gotten SPR to be revoked..
Old 08-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #24
High Supremacy Member

Instead of returning the handphones to the owners, he sold them off in Malaysia, I think he deserves to be punished.
still pending ...

after cny then verdict comes out..
Old 08-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #25
Master Member

I have been a taxi driver b4 - seriously 3 times I go all the way to return hp to owners and 2/3 times they still grumble and look unhappy when I handover them their hp! totally ungrateful as one time I was already in the east while owner drop his in the west. Took a while for me to notice the ringing hp (30mins). I was dead tired at end of day and about to drive home at north when I found his lost hp. I answered his called and I remember where I drop him, I sped all the way to him. Personally handed to him, he just took it and give me a (-A-) unhappy look.

Just a simple thank you will be nice to me but instead he just walk off and duno what he grumble about (cannot hear).

What for returning hp to these ungrateful ppl? tell me?

I am just a kind of person who will return hp de but end of days like now - I think back, for what fu*k why do I do such things? 1st case of hp returning - lady was happy and said thank you and promise me to comment me good service noting down my license plate number. Nothing came but I simply no care thou.

TS friend is right to sell of those drop HPs but dumb enough to get - deserved to be punish thou.

Last edited by gentoro; 08-02-2018 at 02:28 PM..
gentoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

TS, be a man, just admit and case close, you drag longer, go for trial etc, your fine will be harsher.
he already admitted..

but case cannot close yet..

Hmmm...
Old 08-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

I have been a taxi driver b4 - seriously 3 times I go all the way to return hp to owners and 2/3 times they still grumble and look unhappy when I handover them their hp! totally ungrateful as one time I was already in the east while owner drop his in the west. Took a while for me to notice the ringing hp (30mins). I was dead tired at end of day and about to drive home at north when I found his lost hp. I answered his called and I remember where I drop him, I sped all the way to him. Personally handed to him, he just took it and give me a (-A-) unhappy look.

Just a simple thank you will be nice to me but instead he just walk off and duno what he grumble about (cannot hear).

their heart not good..

i ever send back before..

i kenna tip $20 lol
Old 08-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #28
Master Member

their heart not good..

i ever send back before..

i kenna tip $20 lol
Generally normal ppl will talk what they will do if a driver go all the way back to return you the hp - all my kakis (non drivers) answer will at least tips them or write a recommendation or something.

This is what ppl will talk but when facing the situation - human react differently and selfishly. Self thinking when waiting for their hp - why driver take so long to return? why never ans my hp soon enough? trying to take my hp is it?

No choice in this society as majority human behaviour are the same.

Last edited by gentoro; 08-02-2018 at 02:36 PM..
Old 08-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #29
High Supremacy Member

I am just a kind of person who will return hp de but end of days like now - I think back, for what fu*k why do I do such things? 1st case of hp returning - lady was happy and said thank you and promise me to comment me good service noting down my license plate number. Nothing came but I simply no care thou.

TS friend is right to sell of those drop HPs but dumb enough to get - deserved to be punish thou.
Lol y u no ask for delivery charge? I say either u collect from office l&f, npc or $20 delivery charge. Take yr pick.
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #30
Master Member

Lol y u no ask for delivery charge? I say either u collect from office l&f, npc or $20 delivery charge. Take yr pick.
Plzzz...1 stupid complaint can either I end up police station or lose my taxi license or both?!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.