Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Like Tree164Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #1936

Should wait account active then get car

No need so gan chiong one

Grab account active first few day no special bonus or what one.

I waited few day then i rent a car when my Grab account got active

best is get those first day rental free.

then get car liao can take ur time go sin ming update everything. then drive drive around get use with the car...

Posted from PCWX using Ti Kor Liang Ti Kor Cho
nowadays grab onboarding will take few days. not only 1 day, so rental will be wasted.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #1937

6-11am maybe u can gross $100.
Less 20% to grab and 20% petrol (average usage), your nett for that 5hrs drive abt $60. Use that to less whatever amount u need to pay for ur car rental. That's roughly how much u can make.

Base on ur full time working hours (12hrs?), and the driving hours during the morning peak period, u gonna be damn shag man. Not sure how long u can tahan.

DON'T do this. cost too high liao. Furthermore this is a high risk job. Not worth it.

Greetings to all the seniors here. I will need some advices as I’m overwhelmed by all the incentives and the jargons used. Pardon my long post.

Due to family medical issues, we are in need of more income. Both my spouse and I are looking to get a second source of income to cope and tide us over at least a year. So I’m thinking to be a private hire. However, will need to rent as doesn’t own a car.

•Been reading through, I’m confused as Lumens and Grabrental are both mentioned, which will be less hassle when returning the car (no excessive checks of scratches).

•Only can drive part time, 6am to 11am. As my full-time job is 2pm to 2am.

•Can I add relief drivers if I choose Lumens instead of Grabrental?

•Thinking of getting a hybrid car, as read that the FC is lesser than petrol car, is it true?

•If hybrid, it’s mentioned that to get Prius instead, I assume it’s the MPV, right?

Thanks in advance to any advices given. Please try not to troll with me, as I recently can’t tell whether it’s troll or not, due to the stress.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #1938

Greetings to all the seniors here. I will need some advices as Iím overwhelmed by all the incentives and the jargons used. Pardon my long post.

Due to family medical issues, we are in need of more income. Both my spouse and I are looking to get a second source of income to cope and tide us over at least a year. So Iím thinking to be a private hire. However, will need to rent as doesnít own a car.

ēBeen reading through, Iím confused as Lumens and Grabrental are both mentioned, which will be less hassle when returning the car (no excessive checks of scratches).

ēOnly can drive part time, 6am to 11am. As my full-time job is 2pm to 2am.

ēCan I add relief drivers if I choose Lumens instead of Grabrental?

ēThinking of getting a hybrid car, as read that the FC is lesser than petrol car, is it true?

ēIf hybrid, itís mentioned that to get Prius instead, I assume itís the MPV, right?

Thanks in advance to any advices given. Please try not to troll with me, as I recently canít tell whether itís troll or not, due to the stress.
5hr drive get petrol car. You cant maximise hybrid.
Best is to be a relief driver nearby ur hse or rent from hourly coy like smove or tribecar etc...
Dont rent from fleet partners(Grabrental/lumen auto/etc) unless you can hit 100 trips a week.

Per day nett earnings should be only 2 digit.

Worth it or not? U depends.

Most of us wont recommend.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #1939
Arch-Supremacy Member

Might as well rest on work day.

Then weekend rent tribecar drive Grab

Emerald tier minimum guarantee $9.6 nett per trip

40 trip per weekend got $384 nett

Posted from PCWX using Ti Kor Liang Ti Kor Cho
Old 06-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #1940
High Supremacy Member

I heard tribecar has issue now. You all dare get tribe car?
Old 06-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #1941
Great Supremacy Member

Now bsl, especially when it's catered to grind long hrs suitable - regular instead of freelancers.

Go source delivery etc...
No brainer, ez, no commitment
Old 06-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #1942
Great Supremacy Member

Scared, how to make honest living let alone extra eat rice $......
#tribeh
Old 06-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #1943
Supremacy Member

Now bsl, especially when it's catered to grind long hrs suitable - regular instead of freelancers.

Go source delivery etc...
No brainer, ez, no commitment
Yes, phv not for quick bucks.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #1944
Great Supremacy Member

Old 06-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #1945

Gojek still have the specific phone model ping issue? Xiaomi ok now? Huawei better?
Old 06-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #1946

Bsl stands for what eh
Old 06-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #1947

I think is buey sai Liao

Bsl stands for what eh
Old 06-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #1948
d3n
High Supremacy Member

I think now is too many drivers too little riders.

That time i drive 2 days... ping seems back to ok (as long as u dun offline unnecessary - cos uptime is another factor before assigning u a trip in that area)

Mon - 930-730am 18 pts easily
Tues - 930-645pm 11.5 pts ... end up switch back to grab.

So i will still peng for grab for now. At least pings more consistent and lesser wait time.

Gojek still have the specific phone model ping issue? Xiaomi ok now? Huawei better?
Old 06-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #1949
Master Member

Well said, high risk low returns.
Really no point...

Just do Food Panda or Deliveroo better.

6-11am maybe u can gross $100.
Less 20% to grab and 20% petrol (average usage), your nett for that 5hrs drive abt $60. Use that to less whatever amount u need to pay for ur car rental. That's roughly how much u can make.

Base on ur full time working hours (12hrs?), and the driving hours during the morning peak period, u gonna be damn shag man. Not sure how long u can tahan.

DON'T do this. cost too high liao. Furthermore this is a high risk job. Not worth it.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #1950
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Weekly better now cos at least if grab system cheats and make u exceed guarantee... weekly overall fares wun be cui. My june onwards fare drop alot... so not cannot bang on incentives.

Now new gems makes u work double while fares cui. Is double whammy.

Grab cui pattern because of too many monks.

If one notice, both incentive schemes have been calculated to optimise the usage of Grab pool of drivers' pattern.

Last edited by d3n; 06-07-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.