Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My #locationadvantage is not for drivers to drive there for surge. But rather where u start the day. U get better fares then the rest of drivers. Have a better start and by end of the day u are still ahead of others.

Eg if u start in PG/Sk and u are lucky to get a few short and surge fares u already earning 20-40% more then the rest.

That is what i meant all this while. If u look back again i did mentioned before.

Eg start the day pg to pg, pg to hougang, hougang to bedok, bedok to cbp etc

But jurong? Jurong to tuas or jurong industrial or jurong to clementi, jurong to town as u know by 10am from bukit merah to clementi is dead zone even got ping also no surge.

But east area like u mention will definitely have more surprise surge then bukit merah-clementi-dover area from 9-11+am.

Anyway now I finally have some time to pcw for awhile.

Wanna discuss something mentioned earlier today.
There's really no such thing as location advantage.

You announce this area is a high surge zone.
Just need 50 gong kia drivers to flock there.
System detects abundance of drivers, no surge.
Another hotspot area will open up somewhere else.

These 50 drivers will keep trying for the whole week, then curse in their heart where the f is the surge. Waste my petrol drive all the way there.

End up the ping is just like the same as anywhere else.

So how? The new hotspot becomes the new location advantage?

At night so many different hotspots. Bird no lay egg place like one-north and ayer rajah people OT book phv.

So if the driver stays at Dover and do gys, he got location advantage too?

You cant compare jurong with pg.
Jurong has way too many schools, offices, industrial areas and a big hospital.
This also means alot of incentive drivers are there.
Wherever incentives drivers are, you cannot expect surge.

Last edited:

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My #locationadvantage is not for drivers to drive there for surge. But rather where u start the day. U get better fares then the rest of drivers. Have a better start and by end of the day u are still ahead of others.

Eg if u start in PG/Sk and u are lucky to get a few short and surge fares u already earning 20-40% more then the rest.

That is what i meant all this while. If u look back again i did mentioned before.

But jurong? Jurong to tuas or jurong industrial or jurong to clementi, jurong to town as u know by 10am from bukit merah to clementi is dead zone even got ping also no surge.

But east area like u mention will definitely have more surprise surge then bukit merah-clementi-dover area from 9-11+am.

how sure are u that a better start and by end of the day still ahead of others?

so many factors such as traffic jam, ** pax, how many gs a person was being allocated

since u so calculative, just becoz i have high fares means i earn better meh? so many factors to determine how much a driver can earn

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT

Cherryislife

Reaction score
As you mentioned already, alot has to do with luck.

You start pg but first ping bring you to west side how?
Then this guy suay after that?

Or the 1 who started at west side first ping bring you to pg?
Then this guy huat after that?

Surge is very time-sensitive.
If you are on AA, no such thing as I start here everyday means I got advantage.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ttt. drivers who dun cp wont understand how short the surge timing is

u all only see e gd side of cp only

wait till u all kanna 1hr in surge zone and no ping, see u all demoralised anot.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simple show data loh.

Compare first 3 hours earning for west side and northside drivers. For those AA mode only

how sure are u that a better start and by end of the day still ahead of others?

so many factors such as traffic jam, ** pax, how many gs a person was being allocated

since u so calculative, just becoz i have high fares means i earn better meh? so many factors to determine how much a driver can earn

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much chance to kena west side?

Usually ppl stay pg wun even think about working in tuas.

Likewise those working in tuas/jurong industrial stayed nearer to jurong.

In my office at paya lebar area most stayed east and north east.

Unless u driving then u will find further work location.

So the theory is pg/skpeople going to work the furtherest is cbd... a small percentage goes to tuas/jurong industrial (without car and need to take grab or public transport).

So most of pg/sk residents work in the east.

Likewise if i am staying in jurong most probably i find work in west or central area furtherest maybe eunos. U think i want to go greenwich, tampines to work meh if given a choice?

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at this
D5Q1VQe.jpg

The green circle area from 9-11am is still mostly red.

The blue one from 9-11am is almost blank as white paper except BB/CCK area

What i trying to say if u start your drive from pg/sk the likelihood to go west is not very high early in the morning maybe 10% in the month. Most of times those riders u fetch either work in CBD or in the green circle zone. So back and forth first 3 hours u already earn higher then those start drive in the jurong area cos those jurong area majority work in the blue circle area. And these drivers after drop off often had to spent traveling time to go either the green circle area or travel back to BB/CCK

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my whole worklife...

I stay most of my life at west coast.

I worked in CBD and pasir panjang area most of my jobs. Only 2 job i work at lavender and golden mile area.

Now that i am driving and staying in jurong then only i choose to work in paya lebar area.

How much chance to kena west side?

Usually ppl stay pg wun even think about working in tuas.

Likewise those working in tuas/jurong industrial stayed nearer to jurong.

In my office at paya lebar most stayed east and north east.

Unless u driving then u will find further work location.

So the theory is pg/skpeople going to work the furtherest is cbd... a small percentage goes to tuas/jurong industrial (without car and need to take grab or public transport).

So most of pg/sk residents work in the east.

Likewise if i am staying in jurong most probably i find work in west or central area furtherest maybe eunos. U think i want to go greenwich, tampines to work meh if given a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.