Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwise

Reaction score
95%�

I begin to look at this loan at a different angle.

Yes interest maybe high at 4.58%

But if grab still exists for the next 10 years... if i drive enough to cover monthly installment on a pt basis without touching my ft job salary. In theory the car is ‘free’

Just need to top up from my salary to pay for annual insurance + road tax,season parking, petrol as well as servicing... if i dun have car i still need to take public transport right? Also cost money ...

Eg...

$2500 (ins) + $684 (road tax) / 12 months = $265 per mth

$265 (above) + $110 (season parking) + $240 (petrol - i pump once a week now) =

Consider $615 as monthly transportation cost + convenience...

Servicing also no more monthly probably every 4-6 mths liao since not driving ft.

#positivethinkinglol

The car is never free.

You're still driving to get paid, and in theory, you're working. Spending time not of your own.

Sent from a place you know best. using GAGT

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cherryislife

Reaction score
It would be better if you have surge and it exceeds the mwe right.

Yes cp die cork standing.

Android users driving up demand on gj.
Affected iPhone users jump to use gwab.

G unable to have high surge.

Is good for those chasing mwe top up... but bad for cp

kop2311987

Reaction score
The car is never free.

You're still driving to get paid, and in theory, you're working. Spending time not of your own.

Sent from a place you know best. using GAGT

True however it's oso one way to convince yourself that it's good a deal, rather than thinking that it's a wrong step.

Chris8510

Reaction score
Hug together and gum loti together especially this week loooong weekend :s22:

Chris8510

Reaction score
Need to borrow lnmb golden quote and rephrase.
This week looong weekend arm mee go where gum loti? :s13:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In theory best is short trips low fare...

So u drive less and still get more top up by gj.

Best scenario.

But if no surge and long distance even though u get more top up... the distance will erode your earnings

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If got ft job... its not that bad... still got ft job income to fall back on if anything happens.

But if drive ft... better dun go the same route as me if u can. Cos your earnings is still used to pay for the car. So in theory u earning much lesser. But still earn more then renting a car since overall cost still cheaper then renting car (long term).

In before the car ownership vs car renting arguement surface again.

Just give a clearer pic,

Kl - get good loyalty rates and rebates from lcr so renting is cheap to him (rebates not given AUTO, need to drive X no of trips to earn it in most rebate scenario)
Couscous - is sharing the rental car with his dad so cost is half, renting is cheap to him

Those without the above 2 and OMO (one man operation) may not find renting cheap unless u got a relief driver like me last time sharing cost. Please don’t follow blindly. Do a cost comparision btw renting and buying if u intend to drive long term (more than a year). If driving less then a year. Just rent and find a cheap car to do.

So no further arguements here.

Dun like that say later all ppl chut new car nw...

Last edited:

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correction

i only pay for e car when i am using.

hourly rental (no need pay petrol)

If got ft job... its not that bad... still got ft job income to fall back on if anything happens.

But if drive ft... better dun go the same route as me if u can. Cos your earnings is still used to pay for the car. So in theory u earning much lesser. But still earn more then renting a car since overall cost still cheaper then renting car (long term).

Just give a clearer pic,

Kl - get good loyalty rates and rebates from lcr so renting is cheap to him (rebates not given AUTO, need to drive X no of trips to earn it)
Couscous - is sharing the rental car with his dad so cost is half, renting is cheap to him

Those without the above and OMO (one man operation) may not find renting cheap unless u got a relief driver like me last time sharing cost.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call grab and get $2 erp back

WngY0JB.jpg

My arguement with them. This trip auto erp not added. But subsequently another trip managed to have auto erp added. So they acknowledge is a system glitch on their end so a one time goodwill $2 is credited back to me.

kop2311987

Reaction score

Just give a clearer pic,

Kl - get good loyalty rates and rebates from lcr so renting is cheap to him (rebates not given AUTO, need to drive X no of trips to earn it in most rebate scenario)

Those without the above 2 and OMO (one man operation) may not find renting cheap unless u got a relief driver like me last time sharing cost. Please don’t follow blindly. Do a cost comparision btw renting and buying if u intend to drive long term (more than a year). If driving less then a year. Just rent and find a cheap car to do.

Yea.. to each own. Does not fit all...

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah. Ownself please assess.

I already describe my own situation and rational why i decided to buy a car instead.

In before someone here accuse me to push my tots on people here.
Disclaimer: DON’T INSIST u follow me. Just do your own sums and see which works out for u.

Ps: some may see me keep telling george to buy... cos i see him drive more then a year already. And the problem is always there when contract ending he is always headache finding next car. So might as well buy since going to drive long term.

Yea.. to each own. Does not fit all...

Last edited:

kop2311987

Reaction score
Yah. Ownself please assess.

I already describe my own situation and rational why i decided to buy a car instead.

In before someone here accuse me to push my tots on people here.
Disclaimer: DON’T INSIST u follow me. Just do your own sums and see which works out for u.

Ps: some may see me keep telling george to buy... cos i see him drive more then a year already. And the problem is always there when contract ending he is always headache finding next car. So might as well buy since going to drive long term.

Yea gotta assess all the risk.. gt pro and cons. phv is... Hmm... Dunno what to say.. lol.. sometimes when I drive, I am relieved that I didn't buy yet. But at the same time if it's my own car, cost much lower... how? I also dunno how...

101love

Master Member
Reaction score
yes to each own, today topic is about high loan new car and size to fit each self.

hmmmm i think i can high loan Maserati sedan, do phv, jin satki. xmm all pour in auto. :s22:

- pick up rider speed, i am lumber 1.
- xian xmm, i am lumber 1
- 5 star rating, i am lumber 1
- race with TD, i am lumber 1
- free sex, i am lumber 1

- earnings, i am lumber 999999999999 :(

StormsRiders

Master Member
Reaction score
very fast lumber 1 tio revoke

yes to each own, today topic is about high loan new car and size to fit each self.

hmmmm i think i can high loan Maserati sedan, do phv, jin satki. xmm all pour in auto. :s22:

- pick up rider speed, i am lumber 1.
- xian xmm, i am lumber 1
- 5 star rating, i am lumber 1
- race with TD, i am lumber 1
- free sex, i am lumber 1

- earnings, i am lumber 999999999999 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.