HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Like Tree164Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2019, 05:24 PM   #6976

To put simple. U need to change your mindset.

Car is a tool:

Personal car = cannot make money
Phv car = can make money and sometimes it cover everything if u hardworking enough.

U want a tool that cannot make u any money but pay cheaper or u want a tool can make money but pay higher

Like i say end of day as long as u dun need to fork out too much out of pocket compared to personal own car. It is still worth it. High interest or not.

Eg (dun talk about insurance, road tax etc just focus on installment)

Personal car $800 every month 7 years - $67200 from your ft job income in total over the 7 years

Phv car $1100 every month 10 years - spent few hours per week to earn $1100 every month to pay for car. End of 10 years i dun use any money from my salary, only invested in time. Those money from salary i never use supposingly to pay for car i can use it to roll more money (eg investment) or just pamper myself and family. Even if i got few months out of the 10 years never hit the $1100 i still will not pay $67k out of my pocket compare to personal car.

Which is better?

And also regardless personal or phv car end of 10 year u still dun own the car. So make full use of it. Turn it into a tool that makes u money in long run. Even if its not making u much money, at least help u reduce the car cost ownership.

Claps claps! Cost of owning a car is crazy is Singapore. If there is a way that allows you to recoup back the costs, why not sia? Unless:

1) sibei rich, can afford not to give a fug about the costing.
2) the time taken to drive PHV can be used elsewhere to generate more income to cover cost.
3) the price of cars here is like the angmoh countries, few thousands $ nia.
Old 15-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #6977

Someone in grab says the daily new driver registrations is damn scary. U think "admin" bother
I don't care . Since one of the admins messaged me to follow up, I might as well just inform him that I've done it . He can escalate or not, bo my taiji. Anyway also must wait one .
Old 15-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #6978
d3n
High Supremacy Member

For those still thinking to buy car for phv...

Old 15-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #6979
Arch-Supremacy Member

Claps claps! Cost of owning a car is crazy is Singapore. If there is a way that allows you to recoup back the costs, why not sia? Unless:

1) sibei rich, can afford not to give a fug about the costing.
2) the time taken to drive PHV can be used elsewhere to generate more income to cover cost.
3) the price of cars here is like the angmoh countries, few thousands $ nia.

This is quite true. I am staying in the south, and curious how much a grab trip to far east say Changi biz park will cost. It range between $20-25 on normal to surge pricing. Say based on 22 working days, total cost will be $880-$1100 a month. Do I really need to buy a car. hmm...

I think the reason why western countries people get a car is mainly because their point to point travel is really damn far, and public transportation isn't as established as ours. I know of foreigners will amazed at Singaporeans when we say traveling more than 1 hour to work is sian. To them its woah, 1 hour is pretty good le.
Old 15-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #6980
Great Supremacy Member

True.
YOLO can already.

Hokay noted, buying quickly b4 MAS clamp down.
Lol
Old 15-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #6981
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Yah before they clamp down...

Then LLST boh money for dp then rent liao

True.
YOLO can already.

Hokay noted, buying quickly b4 MAS clamp down.
Lol
Old 15-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #6982

How did you get their mobile number to whatsapp??? Since I am barely any more laojiao than u, so i think its easier if i share my timeline with you for reference.
  • Mid Jun apply PDVL
  • 3 days later went for medical at sata clinic (with grab letter)
  • 1st week Jul received email reply from Grab that I cleared my medical
  • Mid Jul received physical letter from LTA (PDVL approval)
  • Apply for earliest PDVL date (1st week Aug course, mid Aug exam)
  • Going for exam tomorrow, now tell me medical report MIA
Eh I went to apply pdvl at grab HQ on 7th August. The next day got a guy from grab whatsapp me ask me have I went to do my medical check up .
Old 15-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #6983
Great Supremacy Member

Will rent also up should mas step in?

Ready to feed as high as 5% interest since no money to dp too.
Old 15-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #6984
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Highly possible.

Then GG to those renting.

Buy also die rent also die

Most probably at these rental coy mercy by then

Will rent also up should mas step in?

Ready to feed as high as 5% interest since no money to dp too.
Old 15-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #6985
Arch-Supremacy Member

Eh I went to apply pdvl at grab HQ on 7th August. The next day got a guy from grab whatsapp me ask me have I went to do my medical check up .
I supposed your medical letter is from Grab too? Ya, dont be surprised their follow-up is pretty good, thats when BEFORE you finished the steps. They called me to follow up my grabcar registration too, which I didnt complete because I realise I need more details after passing PDVL exam so I didnt complete the grabcar registration. The Grab cso called me asking if I had difficulties registering and he can help. Same the time when I was asking about medical and course registration, damn helpful. After I done all these, errrr

Btw, unless you very urgent need to drive phv for income, else really dont expect soon soon. U see my timeline can understand le. I didnt really sit on each step, but yet it seems may take at least 2 months from PDVL application to taking exam.
Old 15-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #6986

I supposed your medical letter is from Grab too? Ya, dont be surprised their follow-up is pretty good, thats when BEFORE you finished the steps. They called me to follow up my grabcar registration too, which I didnt complete because I realise I need more details after passing PDVL exam so I didnt complete the grabcar registration. The Grab cso called me asking if I had difficulties registering and he can help. Same the time when I was asking about medical and course registration, damn helpful. After I done all these, errrr

Btw, unless you very urgent need to drive phv for income, else really dont expect soon soon. U see my timeline can understand le. I didnt really sit on each step, but yet it seems may take at least 2 months from PDVL application to taking exam.
Yeah I got the medical letter from them . Went down to the clinic at boonlay.

I'm not in rush to drive PHV, cos at the same time I'm waiting for Jack Cars as they are pending approval for PHV package(100% loan) in another 2 weeks time . Previously went to a few PI and rental companies , mostly all also said need 2 months time to get everything done .
Old 15-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #6987

Welcome to life of phv.

1wk give you shiok so you won't think phv is that bad.
Next 2wks let you eat grass.

Remember just 2wks ago everyone showing off phv jht?

Anyone driving for GoJek and experiencing v slow Ping for past few days? waiting time is like 20 to 55 minutes?
Old 15-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #6988
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah I got the medical letter from them . Went down to the clinic at boonlay.

I'm not in rush to drive PHV, cos at the same time I'm waiting for Jack Cars as they are pending approval for PHV package(100% loan) in another 2 weeks time . Previously went to a few PI and rental companies , mostly all also said need 2 months time to get everything done .
2 months is probably standard if one passes the exams first time. I am not a hardworking student, so I am kinda praying for lucky tomorrow...

Pardon me asking. You are going to drive PHV as fulltime? Or you are waiting for go study or NS? I think most PHV laojiao here will really advise, dont try fulltime PHV if you are still young... Shushu hitting 40 soon, and kinda jobless now, so turning to PHV for income while fingers crossed sending out job applications for jobs outside still
Old 15-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #6989
Arch-Supremacy Member

Welcome to life of phv.

1wk give you shiok so you won't think phv is that bad.
Next 2wks let you eat grass.

Remember just 2wks ago everyone showing off phv jht?
Old 15-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #6990

2 months is probably standard if one passes the exams first time. I am not a hardworking student, so I am kinda praying for lucky tomorrow...

Pardon me asking. You are going to drive PHV as fulltime? Or you are waiting for go study or NS? I think most PHV laojiao here will really advise, dont try fulltime PHV if you are still young... Shushu hitting 40 soon, and kinda jobless now, so turning to PHV for income while fingers crossed sending out job applications for jobs outside still
Hahaha I ORD 4 years ago nia. In fact I just sold my car few months ago. Then downpayment for house and wedding banquet. Suddenly work arrangements change so need to run both Ops and HQ and bobian need a car. With no cash , Only choice is to buy from PI for full loan and apply grab to drive part time to recover the installments.

Nowadays everytime I take grab/gojek, I always ask them if based on $50/day everyday drive 1-2 hours for morning and evening peak can cover or not, all very confidently say can cover back $50, but to earn a living as full timer would be totally different.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.