Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Like Tree164Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #856

Some very good suggestions indeed.

————
LTA receives 86 suggestions on how to regulate taxi, private-hire operators

SINGAPORE - Point-to-point (P2P) transport providers like taxi and private-hire firms should not lower fares too much to gain market share. They should not jack up fares too much during peak periods. Taxi call bookings should be removed. They should be retained. Taxis and private-hire cars should provide child-seats. They should not.

These are some of the varied and often opposing views from a feedback exercise the Land Transport Authority (LTA) conducted to gauge what changes people want to see in P2P services.

Conducted between Jan 24 and Feb 21, the exercise garnered 86 suggestions from the public. On Friday (June 28), the authority released a summary of the feedback it received.

The LTA said most respondents wanted all P2P operators to be licensed to ensure greater regulatory oversight and to keep out fly-by-night operators.

Some called for all P2P fares to be regulated, so as to prevent operators from artificially lowering prices to gain market share. There were also calls for surge pricing - which sees fares soar during peak periods - to be regulated.

Respondents also called for "regulatory parity between taxis and private-hire cars, such as aligning the COE and road tax treatment... and removing the 2 per cent cap on taxi fleet growth". Private-hire operators do not have such a cap.

There were also calls for private-hire cars to have a fixed lifespan, like taxis, as well as for private-hire drivers to be at least 30 years old.

Those calling for call-bookings to be removed said such a method would not be viable for much longer with the growing popularity of phone apps. Opponents said call-bookings must be retained to cater to consumers who are less tech-savvy.

The majority of respondents want to hold operators accountable for the safety of both drivers and passengers.

The LTA said it will "take into account these pieces of feedback as part of our regulatory review and seek to develop a regulatory framework which safeguards commuter and driver interests, while also managing the regulatory costs imposed on operators".

It added: "Our vision is an open P2P sector that will allow new players and different business models to enter the market and provide different P2P solutions for our commuters.

"This will drive innovation, allowing commuters and drivers to benefit from better service delivery."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-hire-operator
Dun be misguided! If everything the same, why the hell need so many company for? What company competition then, you drive for this phv company it is $1k, that taxi company also 1k, no matter where you go, as long as you drive you only can get 1k, they will Monopolize the market, then they say all rental 3k monthly, all 30% fees, all follow meter price like taxi..we must all follow, unless you dun drive. Looking at these, u still think it's a good ideas? You think you still get incentives? All regulated, means all the same, this company dun give, the other company also cannot give...

Take a look at the TAXI companies, so many of them, but what's competition? All same fares, today this company bring up $0.20, in 2weeks time all taxi bring up to the same price. You see any difference in their services, is there even any? The only thing is today u get sacked from thus company, you can just join another and become the same retared driver. Like now, grab ban, on go-jek..lol

But 1 idea, I support, the age limit, give older people have a chance to earn a living, while the mainstream company dumping these old people out.

Last edited by Brovale; 29-06-2019 at 01:27 PM..
Old 29-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #857

Today traffic look very bad....zzzz
ya lor. I just need 51 gem more i can close shop for the week liao
Old 29-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #858
d3n
High Supremacy Member

This weekend taking break since no booster le

Old 29-06-2019, 02:19 PM   #859
Honorary Member

Got phv bang pedestrian outside cbp ue bizhub. Saw some blood on the rd and a tp bike beside.

the roundabout ard here is seriously dangerous

many motorists like to park near and around the bends
Old 29-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #860

the roundabout ard here is seriously dangerous

many motorists like to park near and around the bends
Jaywalkers more dangerous than parked vehicles
Old 29-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #861

Rest well brudder. Tonight den I go out peng bah. No booster a bit no morale

Old 29-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #862

Ya lor young drive simi , old then drive okay
Old 29-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #863

Yes especially these people go out without common sense I.e. They will cut across the direction you heading to (mah chiam asking to get bang by your car)

I personally encountered one incident while parking trying to reverse into the lot this young lady happily walk from my front left and cut right behind my real from left to right. If I never anticipate sure bang her for good.

Jaywalkers more dangerous than parked vehicles
Old 29-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #864

R how much per day. Tia
I wan mod bkk
Rental usually pretty high for Diesel car, like Renault is now $93 from go-jek fleet and carosell also 85 and abv.
Old 29-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #865

Yes especially these people go out without common sense I.e. They will cut across the direction you heading to (mah chiam asking to get bang by your car)

I personally encountered one incident while parking trying to reverse into the lot this young lady happily walk from my front left and cut right behind my real from left to right. If I never anticipate sure bang her for good.
Ya, the other time I almost knock down a e-cyclist, @Boon Keng Rd, the sort of U-turn Street, I was trying to merge into the main road, so I'm turning right to drive out while the traffic is on my left side, when check ing the traffic, I slowly move out, then my passenger shouted n I e-brake, the cyclist was in front of my vehicle.@_#_#&, the zebra-crossing is just right behind my vehicle only, he trying to save time by crossing in front of my car.
Old 29-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #866
Great Supremacy Member

Side note

Electricity tariffs to rise 6.4% in third quarter to hit highest rate in nearly 5 years; gas tariffs to increase by 1.6%
deadmanINC1 likes this.
Old 29-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #867

those havent take the package yet vomit blood first knn
Old 29-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #868
Arch-Supremacy Member

ever since the ndp closures started, it has become very bad on sat

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT
Old 29-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #869
Arch-Supremacy Member

Side note

Electricity tariffs to rise 6.4% in third quarter to hit highest rate in nearly 5 years; gas tariffs to increase by 1.6%
drive more spend more

stay at home also spend more

like that how? cham

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT
Old 29-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #870

No $3 booster better because got price surge. More than make up for it.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.