Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris8510

Reaction score
These 2 days my ping and fair super cui. Perhaps it's a sign that I should do gj tomorrow? But gem collection will be an issue. Sigh....

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Superhero GoJek shows that it cares for its drivers.

————-

Gojek to launch earnings protection insurance scheme for its drivers

SINGAPORE - Ride-hailing platform Gojek has struck an exclusive partnership with Gigacover, a Singapore-based insurance technology company focusing on freelancers, to launch an earnings protection insurance scheme for its drivers.

The scheme will take effect from April 1, 2019, with more details to be announced in due course, the company said.

Under the scheme, designed in consultation with the National Private Hire Vehicles Association (NPHVA) Singapore, Gojek drivers can enjoy earnings protection coverage of $80 per day. Through the partnership, Gojek drivers will enjoy exclusive preferential rates.

To qualify, drivers need to pay a single, subsidised monthly rate to Gigacover, depending on their age. Meanwhile, "top active drivers" - those who complete the most number of trips in a quarter - will enjoy free coverage paid for by Gojek on a quarterly basis.

Drivers under the scheme will be covered for up to 21 days of medical leave and 84 days of hospitalisation leave. Going by Gigacover's records, road accidents involving private-hire drivers have resulted in drivers being hospitalised for as long as 70 days.

Lien Choong Luen, general manager of Gojek Singapore, said the partnership with Gigacover is designed to provide peace of mind for its drivers. He added that the partnership is the "first of many initiatives" the company is launching to boost their well-being.

"It also comes as part of our efforts to partner with local companies so that we can all grow together," Mr Lien added.

Chua Cheng Xun, co-founder of Gigacover, said: "Gojek's driver-partners form a huge part of Singapore's gig economy, an important ecosystem that Gigacover champions and whose workers we are committed to support."

Said a Ministry of Manpower spokesman: "We welcome the growing support among transport operators to protect their self-employed drivers. We hope to see even more operators also stepping forward to offer such insurance to self-employed persons they contract with"

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...s-protection-insurance-scheme-for-its-drivers

Rangefighter

Master Member
Reaction score
Superhero GoJek shows that it cares for its drivers.

————-

Gojek to launch earnings protection insurance scheme for its drivers

SINGAPORE - Ride-hailing platform Gojek has struck an exclusive partnership with Gigacover, a Singapore-based insurance technology company focusing on freelancers, to launch an earnings protection insurance scheme for its drivers.

The scheme will take effect from April 1, 2019, with more details to be announced in due course, the company said.

Under the scheme, designed in consultation with the National Private Hire Vehicles Association (NPHVA) Singapore, Gojek drivers can enjoy earnings protection coverage of $80 per day. Through the partnership, Gojek drivers will enjoy exclusive preferential rates.

To qualify, drivers need to pay a single, subsidised monthly rate to Gigacover, depending on their age. Meanwhile, "top active drivers" - those who complete the most number of trips in a quarter - will enjoy free coverage paid for by Gojek on a quarterly basis.

Drivers under the scheme will be covered for up to 21 days of medical leave and 84 days of hospitalisation leave. Going by Gigacover's records, road accidents involving private-hire drivers have resulted in drivers being hospitalised for as long as 70 days.

Lien Choong Luen, general manager of Gojek Singapore, said the partnership with Gigacover is designed to provide peace of mind for its drivers. He added that the partnership is the "first of many initiatives" the company is launching to boost their well-being.

"It also comes as part of our efforts to partner with local companies so that we can all grow together," Mr Lien added.

Chua Cheng Xun, co-founder of Gigacover, said: "Gojek's driver-partners form a huge part of Singapore's gig economy, an important ecosystem that Gigacover champions and whose workers we are committed to support."

Said a Ministry of Manpower spokesman: "We welcome the growing support among transport operators to protect their self-employed drivers. We hope to see even more operators also stepping forward to offer such insurance to self-employed persons they contract with"

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...s-protection-insurance-scheme-for-its-drivers
Heng
.gwab give free insurance

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These 2 days my ping and fair super cui. Perhaps it's a sign that I should do gj tomorrow? But gem collection will be an issue. Sigh....

Jin cui meh? U camping at which korner. Lol.

Is not much surge nia. Cp AASNG also better than wait n wait. Lol

Chris8510

Reaction score
Yes cui for me. Went to cbd the all the surge only 1-3$ nia. Kana ping out when the surge was better.
Plus empty car during peak hours for more than 30mins. How can the fare not cui.

Maybe just not lucky enough ba.

By the way I not these drive likes to wait in 1 area, I usually drive around after my toilet breaks or smoke breaks.

Jin cui meh? U camping at which korner. Lol.

Is not much surge nia. Cp AASNG also better than wait n wait. Lol

Chris8510

Reaction score
Will see how things goes ba. If the g fare still so cui I will switch, at least 50t got $640 nett for gj.

If u do gems already dun stop

My grab streak now cr 9.9% lol dats why must do gj tong till feb over

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes cui for me. Went to cbd the all the surge only 1-3$ nia. Kana ping out when the surge was better.
Plus empty car during peak hours for more than 30mins. How can the fare not cui.

Maybe just not lucky enough ba.

By the way I not these drive likes to wait in 1 area, I usually drive around after my toilet breaks or smoke breaks.

My cbd all during peak also no surge.

Chris8510

Reaction score
By the way checking with bros who drive mz3, does you all use car cam with parking recording?
I just bought one yesterday and seem like not recording during parking due to power cut off. Not sure if it's the battery less than 12.5V (which a setting done just in case can't start car)

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way checking with bros who drive mz3, does you all use car cam with parking recording?
I just bought one yesterday and seem like not recording during parking due to power cut off. Not sure if it's the battery less than 12.5V (which a setting done just in case can't start car)

Your car battery maybe less than 12v during when engine off. You may set lower to 11.8v for the camera to off.

I suggest you go buy battery jumpstarter first. Just in case, which I also did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.