HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Half Clutch and Biting Point difference?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2019, 06:03 PM   #31
Master Member

as long as your car doesnt roll back. the parking brake is taught by some to mimise risk of rolling back.
i was also thinking about this leh, i asked my instructor if red light need handbrake he say don't need. scared kenna demerit points in tp test leh. anyone can confirm this?
As a practical safety approach. When stopped and waiting at redlight, one should always apply handbrake on Manual car.
This is for safety, you don't know when someone may hit the car from back and send your car surging forward.

As for continuously engaging in gear or put in neutral gear is optional. Depends on how long is the wait. Waiting too long with left leg fully pressing on clutch is tiring.

Driving manual cars for the past 15 years. It becomes a natural response, car about to stop at traffic, free gear, stop and pull handbrake, legs free..

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT
HMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #32

Started learning MTV recently and I wanna ask what yall when red light ah? For me is i depress brake then i cluctch release at the biting point area till i can feel the car shake abit but i my feet still depressing brake ah, then when ready to move on then i remove brake then car will run already. correct anot ah? any tips?
IIRC.

You just need to know that on flat ground, with only the clutch depressed, if you slowly release the clutch, the vehicle will move forward slowly.

On a uphill slope or incline, with the clutch and brake depressed, if you release only the brake, the vehicle will row backwards. This is when you need to half clutch, release the brake and then immediate depress the accelerator.

The clutch is easier to engage when the engine is of a higher rpm.

In the scenario where you are at the traffic lights, just depress the clutch and brake. Some ques could be blinking green man or amber light. Just release the brake and accelerator/release the clutch at the same time to move forward.

HTH.
keenklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 01:43 AM   #33

wah thanks for the tips bro. got put the tips into use a bit during my 8th lesson yesterday. only stall engine once. wah gan suey. instructor say today never stall engine i straight away stall. sibeh sad

IIRC.

You just need to know that on flat ground, with only the clutch depressed, if you slowly release the clutch, the vehicle will move forward slowly.

On a uphill slope or incline, with the clutch and brake depressed, if you release only the brake, the vehicle will row backwards. This is when you need to half clutch, release the brake and then immediate depress the accelerator.

The clutch is easier to engage when the engine is of a higher rpm.

In the scenario where you are at the traffic lights, just depress the clutch and brake. Some ques could be blinking green man or amber light. Just release the brake and accelerator/release the clutch at the same time to move forward.

HTH.
Baldy Cape Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #34

wah thanks for the tips bro. got put the tips into use a bit during my 8th lesson yesterday. only stall engine once. wah gan suey. instructor say today never stall engine i straight away stall. sibeh sad
IIRC, please also make a mental note that the clutch "biting point" will be different/change

a) different vehicle
b) after abuse by others
c) after repair/replacement

Actually the control if the accelerator is as important. Not sure if they still have the move off from slope - less points for going forward vs stalling or rolling backwards?
keenklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 02:30 PM   #35

will take note arigato

IIRC, please also make a mental note that the clutch "biting point" will be different/change

a) different vehicle
b) after abuse by others
c) after repair/replacement

Actually the control if the accelerator is as important. Not sure if they still have the move off from slope - less points for going forward vs stalling or rolling backwards?
Baldy Cape Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.