HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Half Clutch and Biting Point difference?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2019, 07:05 AM   #1

Half Clutch and Biting Point difference?

Started learning MTV recently and I wanna ask what yall when red light ah? For me is i depress brake then i cluctch release at the biting point area till i can feel the car shake abit but i my feet still depressing brake ah, then when ready to move on then i remove brake then car will run already. correct anot ah? any tips?
Baldy Cape Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:41 AM   #2

Learn from the instructor that you under... Simple for you rather than asking views here...
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

Started learning MTV recently and I wanna ask what yall when red light ah? For me is i depress brake then i cluctch release at the biting point area till i can feel the car shake abit but i my feet still depressing brake ah, then when ready to move on then i remove brake then car will run already. correct anot ah? any tips?
Youíre about right there. Itís neutral + brake for me. Itís all muscle memory, let me drive my manual later and Iíll edit this post accordingly.
Sammiegirl00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #4

I'm asking to confirm ah, because I heard if the car shakes too violently when car stationary will kenna demerit points during TP test. But my car sometimes shake during stationary but my instructor never say anything so I'm asking here to confirm.

Learn from the instructor that you under... Simple for you rather than asking views here...
Old 06-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #5

I heard nowadays don't need neutral already leh. cos they say scared we no time change gear 1 and find biting point when junction light turns green.

You’re about right there. It’s neutral + brake for me. It’s all muscle memory, let me drive my manual later and I’ll edit this post accordingly.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #6

I'm asking to confirm ah, because I heard if the car shakes too violently when car stationary will kenna demerit points during TP test. But my car sometimes shake during stationary but my instructor never say anything so I'm asking here to confirm.
Oic.... since your instructor don't say any, then should be ok mah... If bros here commented has gone thru it, then can confirm. Else, is individual standard cannot confirm got demerit or not.

Unless car dies off then got demerit, this was the standard decade ago when i took my TP. Lolz!
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #7

Your car is on the verge of stalling already. Release your feet a couple more mm and your car is gonna stall. Not to mention youíre wearing out the clutch super fast. No idea why your instructor never scold you. Either neutral + brake/handbrake or clutch in 1st with brake/handbrake
sp0inK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:16 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah never drive manual for the longest time already... but ts, u sure u didnt hear anything about putting the car in nuetral at the stop light?

may be u can try clutch in, rev to redline and clutch out when the light turns green. next start speed shift fast to hit 0-100 under 4 sec in your mustang gt.

and if u see tp, quickly apply heel toe method to show your fullest ability to control your gtr well - do a full 360 spin first and bring in to a complete stop right before the stop line and in lane.

koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

My instructor f me for half clutch.
Say waste his clutch.

So neutral n wait .

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT
zzt231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #10

When the car is stationary at red light, you're not supposed to hold the car at half clutch. You either standby the car in 1st gear, FULL CLUTCH or put it in neutral and release the clutch fully.

Half clutch is only for moving off when the light turns green. If you remain in half clutch for too long, the clutch will burn and sometimes you can smell it.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

depends if red light at slope or not
pull handbrake when stop at red light
release handbrake when about to move off
tap the accelerator to avoid car vibrating
Old 06-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

I remember my time: put neutral n step brake at traffic light

Then gauge for the time when ur traffic light is going to turn green.

Then left leg clutch in, put first gear then wait for front car to move off.

When almost ur turn to move, half clutch then faster switch from brake to step accelerator. Hold clutch at same position(maybe 0.5 to 1 sec?) to let the car build some momentum before releasing clutch fully.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Last edited by mypillowtalks; 06-05-2019 at 10:03 PM..
mypillowtalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:39 AM   #13

hahahaha i got hear before but i ask my friend that passed his tp 10 months go he say neutral not compulsory leh

wah never drive manual for the longest time already... but ts, u sure u didnt hear anything about putting the car in nuetral at the stop light?

may be u can try clutch in, rev to redline and clutch out when the light turns green. next start speed shift fast to hit 0-100 under 4 sec in your mustang gt.

and if u see tp, quickly apply heel toe method to show your fullest ability to control your gtr well - do a full 360 spin first and bring in to a complete stop right before the stop line and in lane.

Old 07-05-2019, 01:39 AM   #14

wah thanks alot bro appreciate it

I remember my time: put neutral n step brake at traffic light

Then gauge for the time when ur traffic light is going to turn green.

Then left leg clutch in, put first gear then wait for front car to move off.

When almost ur turn to move, half clutch then faster switch from brake to step accelerator. Hold clutch at same position(maybe 0.5 to 1 sec?) to let the car build some momentum before releasing clutch fully.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT
Old 07-05-2019, 01:40 AM   #15

what about depressing clutch fully when red light and when agar agar going green light alr i then half clutch? can anot ah like that?

When the car is stationary at red light, you're not supposed to hold the car at half clutch. You either standby the car in 1st gear, FULL CLUTCH or put it in neutral and release the clutch fully.

Half clutch is only for moving off when the light turns green. If you remain in half clutch for too long, the clutch will burn and sometimes you can smell it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.