Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
why is there $80 credit card fee? how come I never encounter this or did I miss the detail? :eek:

they limit the C card spending to 11K, but i want to join the Std Chart Xmas lucky draw need 15k to join. so the balance 4 k need to pay 2% fee lo....
ask her absorb also cannot... haiz

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
can negotiate for 2CH la.. :s12:
why only guard your front? you also need to protect your backside ma.. :s13:

your 2 channel is they give you one or you ask for it?

i want 2 channel so i can kaypoh to take this guy on the road
:D

8dPUDDK.jpg

Last edited:

Orphan

Reaction score
@Jingpong my advise is to use your current tyres till time for change over to 16"
give you more time to think abt it ;)

That's good advice also. Use for a while or until it's time to change. Or until warranty expires, if KM insist will void warranty.

To add on to this idea, personally, I find that rim size is secondary to the rim color for looks. So an option for the interim - can go workshop or diy to paint the stock rims black to make it look much better. The actual diameter of the wheels with KM's 15" rims and 16" rims is almost the same. The bigger rims are just "eating into" the sidewall space.

Perhaps slightly less sporty compared to 16" rims, but will already improve the looks tremendously. Just go sgcarmart and look at pics of the 2nd hand jazz/fit with 14" rims. Compare those with black rims and those with stock rims.

HondaJG

Reaction score
Only prob is buy from KM, do small small mod also they say will void warranty (such as simple things like installing a relay to auto fold mirror), so need to be careful.

the service center can also mod the relay to auto fold mirror lah..
go check with your SA. i did it 2weeks ago. the only thing you need to do is pay la.. :s13:

Last edited:

HondaJG

Reaction score
they limit the C card spending to 11K, but i want to join the Std Chart Xmas lucky draw need 15k to join. so the balance 4 k need to pay 2% fee lo....
ask her absorb also cannot... haiz

true la.. can spit the payment ($10k + $5k) to join the Std Chart Xmas lucky draw? ask Std Chart loh.. :s13:

HondaJG

Reaction score
your 2 channel is they give you one or you ask for it?
i want 2 channel so i can kaypoh to take this guy on the road
:D
8dPUDDK.jpg

the SE guai guai give one.. no need to ask..
it depends on your negotiation skill lo.. :s13:

cos my first opening statement is "see so many car brands.. all doh want to give this give that, keep asking me to sign.." :s13:

Orphan

Reaction score
the service center can also mod the relay to auto fold mirror lah..
go check with your SA. i did it 2weeks ago.. :s13:

My first choice was go to AD, but after the SA says this cannot, that cannot, plus long waiting period, I bought from PI.

HondaJG

Reaction score
That's good advice also. Use for a while or until it's time to change. Or until warranty expires, if KM insist will void warranty.

is the warranty for Jazz 1.3 shorter than Jazz RS? 3yrs only?
& this will also depend on one's mileage.
one might even change tyre before the warranty expires.. :s13:

To add on to this idea, personally, I find that rim size is secondary to the rim color for looks. So an option for the interim - can go workshop or diy to paint the stock rims black to make it look much better. The actual diameter of the wheels with KM's 15" rims and 16" rims is almost the same. The bigger rims are just "eating into" the sidewall space.

no need to waste money to paint the stock rims la.. :s12:
if you pick sliver, black or grey Jazz, the sliver rims looks nice fitting lo..

True la.. the driver will have problem when picking up speed or turning corner at certain speed..
ie. it will stress more on the 1.3 engine (even is a DOHC) :s13:

Perhaps slightly less sporty compared to 16" rims, but will already improve the looks tremendously. Just go sgcarmart and look at pics of the 2nd hand jazz/fit with 14" rims. Compare those with black rims and those with stock rims.

hold and try existing rims (on 15" tyres) first. then think about whether to change anot when due. :s12:

Last edited:

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
some give up 3 yr to 1 yr servicing discount $1k but its see how much you can squeeze la

HondaJG

Reaction score
plus long waiting period
true la.. hear from a guy in this forum. he place order during the Car @Expo week but car collection is in end Mar 2019.
if that is the case for me, i might wait for Car Motor Show 2019 and place my order there (if old car still can wait).

My first choice was go to AD, but after the SA says this cannot, that cannot, I bought from PI.
from PI? Hybrid Fit? pick your accessories from the menu list? what is the final damage? :eek:

Last edited:

Orphan

Reaction score
is the warranty for Jazz 1.3 shorter than Jazz RS? 3yrs only?

I believe KM gives 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. That's actually very good and one of the things that drew me to KM.

Of course, to give that kind of warranty, like iPhone, they don't allow a lot of modifications to protect themselves. Sure will have ppl anyhow mod, spoil something, and try to invoke warranty to replace, or ask KM to fix/support something which was installed at a 3rd party workshop.

Just like iPhone, some owners like it this way, others like a bit more freedom.

Orphan

Reaction score
from PI? Hybrid Fit? pick your accessories from the menu list? what is the final damage? :eek:

Yup. 2018 Fit Hybrid 1.5. 135 bhp.
Existing stock with the color I want - white.
1 bid guaranteed CoE without top up.

Can collect in less than 2 weeks, but I waited 1 more week for bodykit. PI help me settle. Chassis and engine number all written down in contract once you pay deposit. And deposit is simply for the CoE bid.

Default accessories:
- iRoad Q7 2-ch (if dun want, discount directly off car price)
- Chose own sports rim (they help me trade-in for 16" at new tyre price)
- Chose own color leather seats
- 5 year warranty or 130 km
- Pioneer HU with apple car play/android auto support
- Reverse sensor + camera
- Solar film, not the best, but max LTA approved level
- Floor mat (I expected this one would be fugly with huge logo of their company, but actually not bad)

Asked PI to arrange:
- 205/50/R16 black sports rims (so front wheels protrude out side ways a bit)
- 5 pc Mugen style bodykit (which offsets the protruding wheels) and slightly raised height
- Muffler tip
- LED scuff plate
- Auto mirror relay

Final damage is still more than 10k cheaper than the Jazz 1.5 RS as it has 10k VES rebate. After I buy, got other PI go below 70k, aiyah... but still bought at a pretty good price, so I never research whether that other PI can be trusted of not.

So far, best record for fuel economy is 37.5 km/l on 10% city, 90% expressway if I use econ mode and limit any hard-acceleration. B4 I exit expressway I actually hit more than 40 km/l. See already sebei song.

I also like to on the aircon while parking and waiting, even when engine auto-off, aircon still cold coz the lithium battery take over.

Read that the current generation of lithium batteries lasts 15 years, dunno true or not. But even the old generation of battery lasted 5 years. So I prepared to fork out 2k to replace the batteries 5 years down the road.

I know different people count differently, but to me 2k is more or less a fixed cost spread over the 10 years of my car life. $200 per year/$17 per month. I definitely save more than that per month on gas.
And 2k is fixed cost compared to the uncertain fluctuations of petrol.
Plus basically, I can safely hoot RON 95 without worry coz fuel grade makes even less of an impact.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. 2018 Fit Hybrid 1.5. 135 bhp.
Existing stock with the color I want - white.
1 bid guaranteed CoE without top up.

Can collect in less than 2 weeks, but I waited 1 more week for bodykit. PI help me settle. Chassis and engine number all written down in contract once you pay deposit. And deposit is simply for the CoE bid.

Default accessories:
- iRoad Q7 2-ch (if dun want, discount directly off car price)
- Chose own sports rim (they help me trade-in for 16" at new tyre price)
- Chose own color leather seats
- 5 year warranty or 130 km
- Pioneer HU with apple car play/android auto support
- Reverse sensor + camera
- Solar film, not the best, but max LTA approved level
- Floor mat (I expected this one would be fugly with huge logo of their company, but actually not bad)

Asked PI to arrange:
- 205/50/R16 black sports rims (so front wheels protrude out side ways a bit)
- 5 pc Mugen style bodykit (which offsets the protruding wheels) and slightly raised height
- Muffler tip
- LED scuff plate
- Auto mirror relay

Final damage is still more than 10k cheaper than the Jazz 1.5 RS as it has 10k VES rebate. After I buy, got other PI go below 70k, aiyah... but still bought at a pretty good price, so I never research whether that other PI can be trusted of not.

So far, best record for fuel economy is 37.5 km/l on 10% city, 90% expressway if I use econ mode and limit any hard-acceleration. B4 I exit expressway I actually hit more than 40 km/l. See already sebei song.

I also like to on the aircon while parking and waiting, even when engine auto-off, aircon still cold coz the lithium battery take over.

Read that the current generation of lithium batteries lasts 15 years, dunno true or not. But even the old generation of battery lasted 5 years. So I prepared to fork out 2k to replace the batteries 5 years down the road.

I know different people count differently, but to me 2k is more or less a fixed cost spread over the 10 years of my car life. $200 per year/$17 per month. I definitely save more than that per month on gas.
And 2k is fixed cost compared to the uncertain fluctuations of petrol.
Plus basically, I can safely hoot RON 95 without worry coz fuel grade makes even less of an impact.

Nice.... overall, good buy bro.... I see the FC also drooling.... Care to share which PI? :)

Orphan

Reaction score
The hybrid battery should be about $5k to replace at the moment.

Mind sharing which shop quoted that price?

Price shud come down over the next few years.

HEVShop Singapore offering 2.9 k for Prius battery, which was 5k previously.

Honda Malaysia selling actual Honda Fit hybrid battery at RM 5.5k:
https://paultan.org/2017/09/05/hond...st-rm5-5k-replacement-rate-in-japan-only-0-1/

I dunno about HEVShop, but the HM one shud be a new set. There are a couple of cheaper options, such as replacing faulty cells & re-conditioning, or buy a refurbished & re-tuned set.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.