HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #16

It's a pity the jazz versions here do not come with Apple Carplay. Want to install aftermarket also cannot, say will void the warranty.
what if you bring to KM to install instead? could that be an option?
HondaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #17
Master Member

For my opinion, if u bought a used car without a solar film. Then i think u can get the one that u like. My old previous jazz did not have any solar film installed and only now my current ride comes with rikecool installed as it was given free by kah motor.
As already experienced both my rides with and without solar film. Definitely I won't want to spend that much on solar film. As Long it is free by AD. I will take it.

In our typical singapore weather. As Long u parked under the hot sun. I don't think any solar film is able to cool your car. I do believe it helps a little but not significantly much. To add on. My Iroad dash cam camera also still functional after 1 year plus under the hot sun. Maybe solar film also help to prolong the life span of it.
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

For my opinion, if u bought a used car without a solar film. Then i think u can get the one that u like. My old previous jazz did not have any solar film installed and only now my current ride comes with rikecool installed as it was given free by kah motor.
As already experienced both my rides with and without solar film. Definitely I won't want to spend that much on solar film. As Long it is free by AD. I will take it.

In our typical singapore weather. As Long u parked under the hot sun. I don't think any solar film is able to cool your car. I do believe it helps a little but not significantly much. To add on. My Iroad dash cam camera also still functional after 1 year plus under the hot sun. Maybe solar film also help to prolong the life span of it.
We’d discussed solar films many times over the years.

Solar film comes in 2 types, metallic and ceramic ... metallic reflects while ceramic absorbs, think this is something that is understood. Of course, there’s only so much heat a metallic film can reflect and only so much heat a ceramic film can absorb, so if 2 cars 1 with metallic film and 1 with ceramic film, park under the sun from morning through mid-afternoon, both will still get equally hot.

The difference is in the short-term, e.g. you drive out of a sheltered carpark and sun is coming in ... or you park the car under the sun for a half hour or an hour or so ... that’s when you’ll see - or rather, feel - the difference between metallic film and ceramic film, and between higher grade ceramic film and lower grade ones.
CCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #19

It's a pity the jazz versions here do not come with Apple Carplay. Want to install aftermarket also cannot, say will void the warranty.
then u have to weigh the options already.

got 2 camps of views, some dont bother cos they dont go back agent for servicing.

some will bother and remain all stock, worrying abt changing to aftermarket parts even HU...

weird, changing HU also void warranty really joke.
pororokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #20

what if you bring to KM to install instead? could that be an option?
i dont think KM does installation of aftermarket headunit.
pororokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #21
High Supremacy Member

I have said this either in this thread or elsewhere. Rikecool has basically cornered the market. Many marques use them, even the premium ones. Taxi companies included. VW, skoda seems to have bucked the trend recently and switched to 3M.

Sent from 你怕黑吗?黑有什么好怕 using GAGT
Vw uses 3M. Skoda is with vkool.
TopGun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

When you say "void the warranty", what exactly are they voiding? Warranty for the stock player, or warranty for the whole car? If warranty for the stock player, so be it. No big deal.

If they say change player then whole car warranty void, tell the SA to go £@€# themselves. HU spoil don't tell me void warranty for suspension leaking, etc ... right?
Old 25-09-2018, 11:59 PM   #23
Honorary Member

Should change thread title as Fit/Jazz lobang thread
Kula Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #24
Master Member

When you say "void the warranty", what exactly are they voiding? Warranty for the stock player, or warranty for the whole car? If warranty for the stock player, so be it. No big deal.

If they say change player then whole car warranty void, tell the SA to go £@€# themselves. HU spoil don't tell me void warranty for suspension leaking, etc ... right?
You made a good point. I didn't really probe but the SE mentioned that cos the stock player is the main interface tied to the reverse cam, steering controls and some car electronics, the warranty will be affected for those items. It sounded like a long list of items to me.
iCubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

You made a good point. I didn't really probe but the SE mentioned that cos the stock player is the main interface tied to the reverse cam, steering controls and some car electronics, the warranty will be affected for those items. It sounded like a long list of items to me.
I suggest you get them to give you a list.

Some things are understood. Steering controls will not work with aftermarket players unless you add an interface module between the controls and the player, and the player must be 1 that has the port for such interfaces. Reverse cam may or may not work with aftermarket player ... I can’t comment about current-gen cars, but older models where you can buy the optional original Honda reverse cam, it’d only work with the original Honda Gathers player, my understanding is the connection was harness rather than the standard yellow video cable, so if you go the aftermarket player route you might have to go aftermarket on the reverse cam too ... unless the reverse cam on the car is also local-fitted aftermarket and not an original Honda part.
Old 26-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #26

anyone using it with the mugen kit?
Orly?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #27

anyone using it with the mugen kit?
where to find mugen kit for Jazz??
Old 27-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #28

Have not seen Mugen kitted honda for long time Liao.
mrtanbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #29
Master Member

U can have a mugen kit fitted on the facelift 1.3 jazz from kah motor for about 3k.

I suggest better save the 3k and get the 1.5 RS
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #30

U can have a mugen kit fitted on the facelift 1.3 jazz from kah motor for about 3k.

I suggest better save the 3k and get the 1.5 RS
am waiting for 1.5 RS (due in Nov). just like to go see see look look @mugen kit if is available in local store

Last edited by HondaJG; 27-09-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.