Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Orphan

Reaction score
But why the big price different? Is the jazz superior?

Answer is no, they are the same.
In Japan and most other countries, the model is called Fit. In South East Asia, the same model is branded as Jazz.

Expanded answer, the exact packages that AD and PI have are different. Fit/Jazz has a lot of different trims and package options. You can go Japan Honda page and BTO your own package to see.

Last edited:

Orphan

Reaction score
still like your FIT Hybrid Sport + body kit. the kits look much better.
remember to update your comments on your FIT after collection :s12:

Already collected and driving, that's why I can say I managed 37.5 km/l previously mah :)

PI already had the car in stock, so just waited around 3 weeks for CoE, paperwork, accesories and bodykit to be installed. KM should be even faster if they didn't run out of stock last year.

Hitting over 30 km/l regularly on 20% city 80% expressway on general traffic conditions.

Tricks learned so far to stretch FC
- must drive like old uncle
- even tho I don't accelerate hard, looks like the real-time eco bar of the car still consider me lead-footed, haha
- must split accelerator into 30 steps, 20 steps not enough
- actual speed doesn't affect FC as much as acceleration. can go at 90 kmph and still get full eco bar
- I tried driving behind a lorry so that I have an excuse for going 60 kmph on expressway, but FC still around 30 km/l
- keep acceleration to around 1 to 2 kmph per second
- skin must be thick, coz when the road slope upwards, car in front will accelerate to maintain speed (like what I used to do), but now I step a bit more only. So my car will slow down then regain speed when road flattens out. And cars behind will wonder if my car got no power izzit. No one horn so far, they just switch lane. So I avoid using the over-taking lane
- gas engine will engage as little as possible, so engine sound is really quiet, hear only tyre and wind sound mostly
- Honda car new suspension definitely stiffer than other cars, regardless of my upsized rims. I now slow down more when going over humps. Did some research, looks like not recommended to adjust for new cars, but should instead drive a few months until it's "seasoned"
- Sports mode damn shiok, gas engine combined with electric motor very responsive. Vroom vroom. Of course after driving mostly in econ mode, see FC go down below 20km/l will a bit heart pain. Switched back to econ mode after 1 drive. Also, for some reason can actually use Sports mode and econ mode together. No idea which aspects of each mode takes precedence
- Going at speed and cornering very stable. Does not feel like a small/light car at all. Not sure how much is attributed to the slightly heavier chassis, suspension, my wider tires or the bodykit (I admit that I got the bodykit only for looks, coz the spoiler is I think still too small to offer sufficient downforce, diffuser is also for looks since there's no venturi tunnels stretching from front to back. hahaha).
- under carriage got a flat plate that I believe helps a but with airflow, not sure if this is standard for other models or cars.
- Honda caps max speed at 180 kmph unless the car detects it is at Japan's racetracks. I don't have the built-in JDM Navi GPS, so it'll never dectect even if I somehow fly my car to Japan. But I hear can get workshop/tuner to remove. This is one of those things I won't research when I am simply renting. But I don't intend to drive anywhere near that speed ever.
- Of course, it's no where near the smooth and silent ride of a good conti car, but for 1 of the most affordable cars available to buy and fuel, I am damned impressed and happy (I started with a bias towards Jazz/Fit, and slightly against Hybrid. Of course, being my own car, I am even more biased towards it)

Btw, there is no reason the same Mugen style bodykit would not fit the 2018 facelift Jazz 1.3 and 1.5 RS. Same for the other 2 styles that Mugen currently have.

Mugen is formed by the son of Honda's founder and is focused on Honda cars.

Last edited:

Orphan

Reaction score
Thanks. Am considering between this and seat Ibiza, both have pros and cons...

Np :)

I've not driven an Ibiza before, so unfortunately dun have actual experience to share. But first thing that comes to mind is that
- one is ~$83k for 1.0 litre car with 107 bhp.
- the other is ~$79k for 1.5 litre car with 135 bhp. Got 2 threads devoted to it if you ever have questions/probs, and probably easier to buy accessories

bigrockshow

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro!

Answer is no, they are the same.
In Japan and most other countries, the model is called Fit. In South East Asia, the same model is branded as Jazz.

Expanded answer, the exact packages that AD and PI have are different. Fit/Jazz has a lot of different trims and package options. You can go Japan Honda page and BTO your own package to see.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, there is no reason the same Mugen style bodykit would not fit the 2018 facelift Jazz 1.3 and 1.5 RS. Same for the other 2 styles that Mugen currently have.

Mugen is formed by the son of Honda's founder and is focused on Honda cars.
If you're talking about what I said about the yellow Mugen kit only meant for the "S" models (RS, 1.3GS Fit, Hybrid S) and the white Mugen kit only meant for the non-"S" models ... I do not pretend to know that for a fact, but I made the comment based on what I see in the photos.

The front underspoiler / front lip is an add-on over the existing bumper after all. There's these 2 parts going up from the bottom ...

LnfNbCC.jpg

... and these 2 parts correspond to these 2 parts on the "S" models' stock bumpers ...

3QQXNpC.jpg

The non-"S" models' bumpers don't have these, and the foglight part of the non-"S" is going in the opposite direction.

But feel free to correct me if yours is an "S" model and you have the white Mugen kit fitted on your ride, or if yours is a non-"S" model and you have the yellow Mugen kit fitted. As I said, I based my comment on what I see in photos only.

jollyboi

Master Member
Reaction score
White mugen bodykit is for Fit/Jazz 1.3 and Fit hybrid 1.5 due to a different front bumper. Yellow bodykit only able to fit onto 1.5RS model. The bodykits are just an add on lip only not a whole front bumper except the orange one where that one can fit onto any Fit/Jazz variant.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

undergrd

Reaction score
Thank you Orphan.

I asked KM, they are not bringing in the Hybrid models. Reason given to me is that the heat in Singapore is the number killer 1 of the batteries.

That's what they say lah. But Honda Malaysia selling them like anything, and their weather is just as hot.

Of course, KM likely have other reasons they do not want to share, and their decision might change once they see the potential of the hybrid car segment.

Or maybe they are waiting for the full EV version of Fit/Jazz. I think only AD with their clout, dare to commit to the infra and other considerations to sell fully electric vehicles.

jujuhippo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went down to KM and booked my honda jazz 1.3a LX today :o

will join u guys soon as a honda jazz owner

Orphan

Reaction score
The non-"S" models' bumpers don't have these, and the foglight part of the non-"S" is going in the opposite direction.

White mugen bodykit is for Fit/Jazz 1.3 and Fit hybrid 1.5 due to a different front bumper. Yellow bodykit only able to fit onto 1.5RS model. The bodykits are just an add on lip only not a whole front bumper except the orange one where that one can fit onto any Fit/Jazz variant.

Ahh, I understand what you mean now.
Due to the protruding section under the grill, the default front bumper assembly of the Jazz 1.5 RS will block installation of the white Mugen front spoiler.

Mine is a 1.5 Hybrid without Honda Sensing, so I am using the type in the white pic.

Mugen's official page:

http://www.mugen-power.com/common/english/products/fit17m/parts/index.html

I think the side skirts, tail spoiler/diffuser not much of an issue. For the front spoilers:
1) The type in Orange Jazz pic (Model 62511-XMKB-K0S0-**)
According to their page, can install on
a) H · S(HYBRID · S Honda SENSING)
b) 13G · S(13G · S Honda SENSING)

But since it looks like this replaces the entire front bumper assembly below and to both sides of the front grille, I believe this model can fit any Fit/Jazz model as what jollyboi says. So the Mugen official website might be playing on the safe side.

2) The type in Yellow Jazz pic (Model 71110-XMKB-K0S0-**)
Can install on
a) H · S(HYBRID · S Honda SENSING)
b) 13G · S(13G · S Honda SENSING)
c) RS

3) The type in the White Jazz pic (Model 71110-XMKB-K1S0-**)
Can install on
a) H(HYBRID)
b) H · F(HYBRID · F)
c) H · L(HYBRID · L)
d) 13G · F(13G · F)
e) 13G · L(13G · L Honda SENSING)
f) 15XL(erm, this one is missing from the legend, so it's for extra large version of the 1.5 Fit/Jazz?)

Now, of course, if really kee-seow, might be possible to replace the front bumper assembly to one that is compatible to the front spoiler.

Brand new car of course not worth it. But if kenna damage until need to replace, maybe can ask workshop to replace with different type.

Warthog83

Reaction score
I was at KM today too. 1.3LX orange, amethyst, red, brown, black have stock for delivery in April. 1.5RS have to wait till May.

Jazzwraper

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, jazz 1.5 driver here. Am also keen talking abt Jazz. Saw tat alot mugen kit discussion here. Actually the stock bodykit is aldy very nice aldy leh. Just add a spoiler to ur liking the car itself very fierce aldy.

Jazzwraper

Master Member
Reaction score
All the cosmetics will juices up another 10hp to the car....lolz...

Not to mentioned, u will mostly b faster during take off from traffic lights becas the car driver nxt to u is admiring ur car and before he/she take off when the lights turn green :D

Warthog83

Reaction score
Not to mentioned, u will mostly b faster during take off from traffic lights becas the car driver nxt to u is admiring ur car and before he/she take off when the lights turn green :D

:s13: like that also can.... but the given body kit on the 1.5 really looks good

Princz

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I will be collecting my new Jazz 1.3 just before CNY. Waited a long time for it. I got a Silver Luna colour. I have been checking out a few websites on bodykits for Honda Jazz. I would appreciate if you could share some photos on what are the potential enhancements I can add to the body kit. I don't think I want a rear spoiler at the moment.

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.