www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Cars & Cars (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/)
-   -   Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/honda-fit-jazz-part-2-a-5908121.html)

cscs3 20-08-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohsj89 (Post 129204500)
when scrap can cry.

take back $5000 from you

Thanks right. Don't just see the purchase price. That affect scrap value and indirectly also 2nd hand value.
Factor these in and you may find a full size car is a better value.

BEWARE 28-08-2020 01:21 PM

Hi Guys,

Just gotten my preowned Fit manufactured in 2018. Wanna ask if there is a way to install auto headlights?

cscs3 28-08-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IIIUSION (Post 129204908)
On the other hand, this will be ideal to extend COE, don't lose much

That will depend on price of COE at the end of 10 years.

MrSinkie95 01-09-2020 01:39 AM

Any thoughts on 2020 fit?

Gloom me 01-09-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSinkie95 (Post 129438927)
Any thoughts on 2020 fit?

Yes. It's getting uglier.

myviowner 01-09-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSinkie95 (Post 129438927)
Any thoughts on 2020 fit?

Ugly design.... begin with. :s13::s13:

MrSinkie95 01-09-2020 10:17 AM

Shuttle better?

myviowner 01-09-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSinkie95 (Post 129442171)
Shuttle better?

Personally, better choice than new Fit. :)

bh10101 01-09-2020 11:26 AM

depends what the driver needs? more spare? pricing VS value?

Quote:

Originally Posted by myviowner (Post 129442514)
Personally, better choice than new Fit. :)


MrSinkie95 01-09-2020 11:41 AM

Point a to b car

Keyboard90 01-09-2020 12:50 PM

Agreed. The older fit looks sportier also

Shuttle seems like a good practical car as well especially if you have a fam

Quote:

Originally Posted by myviowner (Post 129442514)
Personally, better choice than new Fit. :)


suchaloser 03-09-2020 02:29 PM

Anyone knows about wifi/hotspot in Jazz 2014? Canít find anything on it. Can connect but no options on browser or anything

wahlaneh 03-09-2020 11:34 PM

i feel that honda jazz/fit the steering when turning feels very light/loose so absolutely no feel of the road at all. its like play arcade racing game....

I mean a greater response feel and more heavier steering wheel will be good.

andyhtc 04-09-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahlaneh (Post 129500775)
i feel that honda jazz/fit the steering when turning feels very light/loose so absolutely no feel of the road at all. its like play arcade racing game....

I mean a greater response feel and more heavier steering wheel will be good.

I prefer lighter steering as it exerts lesser strain on the wrists.

It is much easier to turn with one hand e.g. U-turn with Honda Shuttle (that shares chassis and parts with Jazz/Fit) compared to my Toyota Vios.

It terms of feedback on road conditions, both are similar.

Channelson 04-09-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyhtc (Post 129503614)
I prefer lighter steering as it exerts lesser strain on the wrists.

It is much easier to turn with one hand e.g. U-turn with Honda Shuttle (that shares chassis and parts with Jazz/Fit) compared to my Toyota Vios.

It terms of feedback on road conditions, both are similar.

Long ago, before airbag era, we use to change the steering to sports steering which has smaller diameter. The feel is better and heavier

CCCustom 04-09-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Channelson (Post 129504492)
Long ago, before airbag era, we use to change the steering to sports steering which has smaller diameter. The feel is better and heavier

I personally found that after driving car with smaller Momo steering and then driving a car with stock steering, that these smaller ones are actually a pain in the @$$ to use :o

isellitrade 04-09-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suchaloser (Post 129490413)
Anyone knows about wifi/hotspot in Jazz 2014? Canít find anything on it. Can connect but no options on browser or anything

Yes what's this for anyway.. Got WiFi but cannot do anything

Ultimate Chicken 09-09-2020 03:36 PM

2nd hand Honda Jazz (GD, year 2008). Plan to get a couple of VICOM inspector stuff checked out, plus a couple of random services:
- Oil sump (?)
- Oily transmission (?)
- Handbrake wire ("not enough clicks" apparently)
- Getting the reverse camera for my dashcam wired up - forward recorder already installed on rear view mirror
- That odd rare instance where I feel like I hit something when slowly reversing, but didn't actually hit anything (Honda CVTF fluid?)

Brake pads and sparks are still fine for the next year or so, not needed for now.

Can I still go back to Kah Motor (I live near one of their servicing centers)?

Recommendations? I'm game for something that doesn't chop me, this is not something I intend to take to STA/Vicom every year only to find I suddenly have nonstandard parts.

Last owner used S&H somewhere in Bishan, tho I am unable to get more details outside of a phone number.

myviowner 09-09-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate Chicken (Post 129609364)
2nd hand Honda Jazz (GD, year 2008). Plan to get a couple of VICOM inspector stuff checked out, plus a couple of random services:
- Oil sump (?)
- Oily transmission (?)
- Handbrake wire ("not enough clicks" apparently)
- Getting the reverse camera for my dashcam wired up - forward recorder already installed on rear view mirror
- That odd rare instance where I feel like I hit something when slowly reversing, but didn't actually hit anything (Honda CVTF fluid?)

Brake pads and sparks are still fine for the next year or so, not needed for now.

Can I still go back to Kah Motor (I live near one of their servicing centers)?

Recommendations? I'm game for something that doesn't chop me, this is not something I intend to take to STA/Vicom every year only to find I suddenly have nonstandard parts.

Last owner used S&H somewhere in Bishan, tho I am unable to get more details outside of a phone number.

Yes you can head to KM. Personally i won't ,since is a used car. Head to your trusted workshop or ask from your circle of frds whom own a ride for workshop contacts. BnB ride, most workshop can handle. Get a few quotes and you know the price level.
I use this workshop at Kaki bukit- Whitesnail Performance/Service Center. The boss - Jason, hands-on guy. Meticulous in his work. OMO!
Good luck!

IIIUSION 09-09-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myviowner (Post 129610688)
I use this workshop at Kaki bukit- Whitesnail Performance/Service Center. The boss - Jason, hands-on guy. Meticulous in his work. OMO!
Good luck!

But Whitesnail is expensive

irelkZ 14-09-2020 07:27 PM

Hi bro
Like to check for FIT Hybrid GP5

Would like to ask is it normal to have(i would not say is jerk) but something like running with lower gear kinda of feeling when sometimes change to different mode of drive especially when engine drive kick in around 40km/h.

After it pass this speed accelerate higher i dont have this feeling any more.
It is always during the start part when change over to different mode.

Is it something wrong with my transmission or oil whatever.

Is it normal in this case?

Mileage is around 37,000

Appreciated!

myviowner 14-09-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IIIUSION (Post 129617680)
But Whitesnail is expensive

You found one that is cheaper? Please share. Thanks:D

andyhtc 14-09-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irelkZ (Post 129705755)
Hi bro
Like to check for FIT Hybrid GP5

Would like to ask is it normal to have(i would not say is jerk) but something like running with lower gear kinda of feeling when sometimes change to different mode of drive especially when engine drive kick in around 40km/h.

After it pass this speed accelerate higher i dont have this feeling any more.
It is always during the start part when change over to different mode.

Is it something wrong with my transmission or oil whatever.

Is it normal in this case?

Mileage is around 37,000

Appreciated!

If you have changed your transmission oil at 30k km, then it is just a normal slow gear change at 40 km/hr. The next gear changes are around 60 km/hr and 80 km/hr.

irelkZ 14-09-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyhtc (Post 129707506)
If you have changed your transmission oil at 30k km, then it is just a normal slow gear change at 40 km/hr. The next gear changes are around 60 km/hr and 80 km/hr.

Thank you for the advise

Yes have done at 30k

andyhtc 14-09-2020 10:53 PM

Try the non-Econ mode for faster gear change:

Throttle Response – When the Econ button is activated, the throttle slows down at the rate that your vehicle increases in speed, which saves on fuel consumption. For better performance, the speed remains unaffected at very slow or very high speeds.

https://www.tri-statehondadealers.co...a-econ-button/

irelkZ 14-09-2020 11:03 PM

Thanks andyHTC

I usually drove with ECON mode off. Still have this feel. Sorry cant really describe how it is but is just like during the days when i drove in manual car with lower gear then the engine rev for a short while.

Usually this happen is when EV mode change to engine mode when step on gas.

Even i tried both ECON on and ECON off also feel this way.

So wonder maybe some FIT Hybrid bros here have the same feel as me or it is only my car issue.

Haiz

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyhtc (Post 129709215)
Try the non-Econ mode for faster gear change:

Throttle Response Ė When the Econ button is activated, the throttle slows down at the rate that your vehicle increases in speed, which saves on fuel consumption. For better performance, the speed remains unaffected at very slow or very high speeds.

https://www.tri-statehondadealers.co...a-econ-button/


oceanicmanta 14-09-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irelkZ (Post 129709371)
Thanks andyHTC

I usually drove with ECON mode off. Still have this feel. Sorry cant really describe how it is but is just like during the days when i drove in manual car with lower gear then the engine rev for a short while.

Usually this happen is when EV mode change to engine mode when step on gas.

Even i tried both ECON on and ECON off also feel this way.

So wonder maybe some FIT Hybrid bros here have the same feel as me or it is only my car issue.

Haiz

mine kinda have this feeling too ... noticed it usually happens at low speed (like inside a carpark) and as if accelerator is pressed too lightly to trigger the gear change

irelkZ 14-09-2020 11:46 PM

Yayaya usually at carpark

So you have this feeling too
Normal?

I am not alone LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanicmanta (Post 129709803)
mine kinda have this feeling too ... noticed it usually happens at low speed (like inside a carpark) and as if accelerator is pressed too lightly to trigger the gear change


swassi 16-09-2020 01:35 AM

Bro, don't mind me asking, can PM me which PI dealer u got ur ride from? newbie here and can't pm haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphan (Post 120068347)
Yah, they damn one kind one.

Oth, I can understand why they like that. Properly mounted Mugen bodykit need to drill holes to bolt on mah.

Plus, KM ownself got sell, of course they try to protect their own biz. So a lot of things if you do outside will void warranty.

In the end, 1 of the reasons I didnt buy from KM.


Simiishthis 19-09-2020 11:34 AM

Anyone knows when the new honda jazz will arrive? Or is if the same as the honda fit 2020 from PI?

fake_oranges 19-09-2020 02:45 PM

Anyone using xw-40 engine oils in their Jazz?

How is the feel to use 40 instead of 30?

Lolicious 20-09-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irelkZ (Post 129709371)
Thanks andyHTC

I usually drove with ECON mode off. Still have this feel. Sorry cant really describe how it is but is just like during the days when i drove in manual car with lower gear then the engine rev for a short while.

Usually this happen is when EV mode change to engine mode when step on gas.

Even i tried both ECON on and ECON off also feel this way.

So wonder maybe some FIT Hybrid bros here have the same feel as me or it is only my car issue.

Haiz

DCT GB are like that. Don't worry too much

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

irelkZ 21-09-2020 06:35 PM

Thank you, Lolicious

Well understood

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolicious (Post 129807471)
DCT GB are like that. Don't worry too much

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT


moogle 21-09-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simiishthis (Post 129794490)
Anyone knows when the new honda jazz will arrive? Or is if the same as the honda fit 2020 from PI?

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/honda-jazz-hybrid-headed-for-singapore/

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

colddog101 22-09-2020 05:27 PM

Guys, i thinking to change the headlight bulb for my 2019 FIT. dont like the yellow colour wanna change to white. but i saw shopee got 2 type huge price different, any advise? hehe..

https://shopee.sg/Original-Philips-D...881.6446686433

https://shopee.sg/%E2%98%BCMooncake%...503.2152349105

fake_oranges 22-09-2020 05:48 PM

Branded vs no brand

Quote:

Originally Posted by colddog101 (Post 129857626)
Guys, i thinking to change the headlight bulb for my 2019 FIT. dont like the yellow colour wanna change to white. but i saw shopee got 2 type huge price different, any advise? hehe..

https://shopee.sg/Original-Philips-D...881.6446686433

https://shopee.sg/%E2%98%BCMooncake%...503.2152349105


myviowner 22-09-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colddog101 (Post 129857626)
Guys, i thinking to change the headlight bulb for my 2019 FIT. dont like the yellow colour wanna change to white. but i saw shopee got 2 type huge price different, any advise? hehe..

https://shopee.sg/Original-Philips-D...881.6446686433

https://shopee.sg/%E2%98%BCMooncake%...503.2152349105

Just whack. try no brand. See how long it can last. lolz

colddog101 23-09-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myviowner (Post 129863107)
Just whack. try no brand. See how long it can last. lolz

is this legal to change to white light? haha..

myviowner 23-09-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colddog101 (Post 129867696)
is this legal to change to white light? haha..

Anything that is not stock is not "legal". Having said that, many still goes ahead and when time for LTA inspection, just need to replace it to stock. Else will fail the inspection.
Since your ride is a 2019, means you have another 2 years to go before the very first LTA inspection.

fake_oranges 28-09-2020 11:00 AM

Anyone using a 40 weight oil for their Jazz?

duorachai 08-10-2020 04:36 PM

Guys, does honda fit 2019 gk3 has clock spring? I am looking to install steering remote. Currently my steering wheel does not have any remote. Was wondering if the car has clock spring and can support steering remote installation. Noob here. Hehehe.

CCCustom 08-10-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duorachai (Post 130159344)
Guys, does honda fit 2019 gk3 has clock spring? I am looking to install steering remote. Currently my steering wheel does not have any remote. Was wondering if the car has clock spring and can support steering remote installation. Noob here. Hehehe.

Most likely you will need to buy if there is no steering remote stock.

IIIUSION 08-10-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colddog101 (Post 129867696)
is this legal to change to white light? haha..

Can consider Osram Coolblue intense. Light is quite white with only a slight tinge of yellow.

20% brighter than stock and road legal.

silentluv 15-10-2020 08:34 PM

Hi i recently got the honda fit 2020 and i wanted to add an armrest in the center or get some accessories to increase the storage area in the middle. Im finding it hard as it seems its not available outside of japan.
Anyone knows where to get them installed?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.