HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #691
Master Member

btw i got question for anyone who recently collected their car from Kah motor.

So I got mine in Feb from Kah Ubi, came with 2ch Iroad V9.
Just wanted to check if you guys know whether they install it direct to battery, or to ignition?
Wanna turn on the parking mode function, but not sure if can.
Any other way to find out?

TIA.
Since late 2017 onward. Many AD included kah motor already don't install dash cam with parking mode coz many owners went back to AD within 1 year to claim warranty for the car batt . Now AD become smart. They wired thru ignition and once u rewired your car cam to batt. It will void your car batt warranty.
chansl89 likes this.
winningeleven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:48 PM   #692
Master Member

can you advise which PIs bundle all the goodies in their base trim?

just sharing based on my personal experience as I did quite a bit of homework between Fit and Jazz before settling for the latter.

I went to a few PIs to get a quote for Fit 1.3...I would say all of them work very similarly. Quote the cheapest price just to draw the buyers in, and then slowly addon to the price when you ask for more. Like what the other bros say, the base trim came with nothing practically...leather seats, solar film, reverse sensors, reverse cam....and yes, the base Fit came with 14" steel rims.

Some better PIs may throw in leather seats or solar film as standard, but their prices 1-2k more. guess nothing comes for free.

Also most of them will entice you to take up loan with them. if you opt for no loan, then clearly your choice should be Jazz as KM don't jack up the price if you dont take up a loan with them. PI increased 3k if i dont take loan.

When I bought the Jazz, it came with guaranteed COE, 5yrs warranty and 3 yrs free servicing. Some PIs try to match these but again it depends on individuals whether they feel comfy or not

Hope this is helpful to those who are shopping around for Fit/Jazz. Do you homework thoroughly...dont just base on the info from 1-2 parties...take time to shop around and compare.
Agreed. One of the most sensible replies about getting jazz or fit.
Especially the loan requirements. Went to 1 PI before. Told me I have to loan 70% 7 years to have the offered price.

If u can afford to down more and yet have to loan more. There is actually no saving of getting from PI. Somemore the PI better don't close shop when recall after 5 years later.

My old GD jazz being recalled 3 times by kah motor even no longer under warranty.

1st the high beam headlight wiring issue

2nd the switch of the power window

3rd. The airbag part replacement
chansl89 likes this.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #693

Agreed. One of the most sensible replies about getting jazz or fit.
Especially the loan requirements. Went to 1 PI before. Told me I have to loan 70% 7 years to have the offered price.

If u can afford to down more and yet have to loan more. There is actually no saving of getting from PI. Somemore the PI better don't close shop when recall after 5 years later.

My old GD jazz being recalled 3 times by kah motor even no longer under warranty.

1st the high beam headlight wiring issue

2nd the switch of the power window

3rd. The airbag part replacement

I was told by my AD SE that the car sold by PI, if Kenna recalled, Honda won't cover. If AD, even after warranty, if recall, they will take it back.
chansl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:40 AM   #694
Master Member

I was told by my AD SE that the car sold by PI, if Kenna recalled, Honda won't cover. If AD, even after warranty, if recall, they will take it back.
It might be not necessary true. There was a case where LTA ordered borneo motor to fix the recall on some batches of PI cars because the PI had closed shop and owners had no shop to bang table.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:32 AM   #695
Great Supremacy Member

it's Honda AD who won't cover. PI warranty workshop will cover. By right...., unless the PI told u no warranty la
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #696

I think unless one is quite well verse in car, which i think most of us r not, better to stick with AD. I see people bought fr PI, after collect car complain this missing, that one not included etc...

can you advise which PIs bundle all the goodies in their base trim?

just sharing based on my personal experience as I did quite a bit of homework between Fit and Jazz before settling for the latter.

I went to a few PIs to get a quote for Fit 1.3...I would say all of them work very similarly. Quote the cheapest price just to draw the buyers in, and then slowly addon to the price when you ask for more. Like what the other bros say, the base trim came with nothing practically...leather seats, solar film, reverse sensors, reverse cam....and yes, the base Fit came with 14" steel rims.

Some better PIs may throw in leather seats or solar film as standard, but their prices 1-2k more. guess nothing comes for free.

Also most of them will entice you to take up loan with them. if you opt for no loan, then clearly your choice should be Jazz as KM don't jack up the price if you dont take up a loan with them. PI increased 3k if i dont take loan.

When I bought the Jazz, it came with guaranteed COE, 5yrs warranty and 3 yrs free servicing. Some PIs try to match these but again it depends on individuals whether they feel comfy or not

Hope this is helpful to those who are shopping around for Fit/Jazz. Do you homework thoroughly...dont just base on the info from 1-2 parties...take time to shop around and compare.
zoneware7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:50 AM   #697
Arch-Supremacy Member

It might be not necessary true. There was a case where LTA ordered borneo motor to fix the recall on some batches of PI cars because the PI had closed shop and owners had no shop to bang table.
They don’t ”order”, they have absolutely no right to. LTA can only negotiate with direct importers who have in-house workshops to provide this service ... AD is also considered a direct importer.

Kah Motor opted to not agree to offer handling recalls for PI vehicles ... LTA can’t do $#!t about it.

And even an AD agree to handle recall for PI vehicles, it’s not free like for cars brought in by them ... if your car is a PI vehicle and you’re directed by LTA to go to the AD (because your vehicle’s direct importer has closed down), you have to pay parts and labour.
bh10101 likes this.
CCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:58 PM   #698

agreed. even after warranty period, if the car is purchased from KM, they will still recall in the car for part replacements (global recall).
bh10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #699
Master Member

I think unless one is quite well verse in car, which i think most of us r not, better to stick with AD. I see people bought fr PI, after collect car complain this missing, that one not included etc...
Those bought and kbkp when collecting car would be they did not do a diligent comparison between PIs offerring the same car and model. Thatz how i see it.
Personally, dun need to be Mr well verse, just compare can liao. Cos there are many many PIs selling same ride...
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #700
Supremacy Member

what is the prize of jazz now?
TOKARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #701

Hi ppl. New here. Was thinking about buying a Honda Fit Hybrid. Did my research and found it to be the most practical car. But i still dont see any review on abt high speed driving.. like North south highway.. anyone care to share?
Z8A... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #702

Hi. Selling a used phone holder that was bought during last MO in late August😊 paid $25 selling at $15 self collect from me. No box. Can PM in private for pictures. Please provide contact and will WhatsApp you. The holder is placed on the cup holder side. For Jazz not sure got fit but similar. Thanks.
JLowX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #703

Your SE is either ignorant or not honest and is using this as a tactic to sell.

It's KM that will not cover.
Honda, as in the Honda company itself is legally obligated to cover for free replacement.

Having said that, I can understand why KM would noy want to go through the hassles to do for Honda cars not sold by them unless they are paid a premium.

This is the first question I asked my PI. Since they are one of the few PIs who import their cars directly, they have done all every recall for their customers. Liase with Japan, ship the parts to SG, arrange workshop to do etc.

PIs who do not import directly may havr some difficulties though. So always ask PI first. Cars in Singapore are a huge investment, like all big purchases, always ask questions.
Orphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #704
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ad is a partnership and authorized to represent the brand in Singapore . Even if ad close shop the manufacturer Will also appointt another ad to settle your issue . Pi is reseller . It is just like sim LIM square handphone shop , close shop and such is all your problem . Certain issue and repair can only be dealt by ad as manufacturers will only deal with ad as their main contact point

Honda, as in the Honda company itself is legally obligated to cover for free replacement.

Having said that, I can understand why KM would noy want to go through the hassles to do for Honda cars not sold by them unless they are paid a premium.

This is the first question I asked my PI. Since they are one of the few PIs who import their cars directly, they have done all every recall for their customers. Liase with Japan, ship the parts to SG, arrange workshop to do etc.

PIs who do not import directly may havr some difficulties though. So always ask PI first. Cars in Singapore are a huge investment, like all big purchases, always ask questions.

Last edited by veryhonestguy; 22-03-2019 at 12:58 PM..
veryhonestguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #705
Master Member

Ad is a partnership and authorized to represent the brand in Singapore . Even if ad close shop the manufacturer Will also appointt another ad to settle your issue . Pi is reseller . It is just like sim LIM square handphone shop , close shop and such is all your problem . Certain issue and repair can only be dealt by ad as manufacturers will only deal with ad as their main contact point

For a peace of mind, go AD.
For wanting something diff but AD dun have. Then PI lor.

PIs also got two types huh? Direct import Vs Indirect import? I learnt something new.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.