Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got my Jazz LX last month.

I'm thinking of changing the stock yokohama tyres (175/65/15) to Michelin primacy or XM2 (195/65/15). Can the stock rim be able to support a 195 tyre?

i quite like the stock rim and i heard Jazz stock rims are enkei so they are very good quality. But if no choice cannot fit a bigger width profile, what rims is recommended to change to?
Why would you change to 195 yet keep it at 65? :s22:

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score

I'm thinking of changing the stock yokohama tyres (175/65/15) to Michelin primacy or XM2 (195/65/15). Can the stock rim be able to support a 195 tyre?

i quite like the stock rim and i heard Jazz stock rims are enkei so they are very good quality. But if no choice cannot fit a bigger width profile, what rims is recommended to change to?

I am also in this dilemma. But Please do not fit oversized tyres.
175/65R15 rims must stick to its tyres. The aspect ratio can be modified at the expense of your speedo accuracy though. But do not fit a 195 tyre onto the 175 rim. You need to account for the tyre flex which will be completely affected if you change an oversized tyre. You are at risk of dislodging of the tyre in bends. No amount of tyre pressure can correct it. Forcefully fit it onto the rim is also not helping too.

If you feel the tyres are too small, which I agree, you have to change with the rims as well. Malaysia Kulai sells a lot of good bigger 15 inch rims as well from thailand at good prices. The last time I saw was about RM1000 for 4 rims and are very good ones. Their tyres cost RM700 to RM800.

Your OE rim from honda however meets the JWL standards which might not be met by after market rims. So check with the tyre shop.

EastSider

Reaction score
any new buyers or people that are keen in this model?

gathering some info/analysis if its a good buy as of now..

or should wait it for new model?

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any new buyers or people that are keen in this model?

gathering some info/analysis if its a good buy as of now..

or should wait it for new model?
The incoming model looks like the b@st@rd child of the BlueSG car and the Fiat Eurovan :s8:

moogle

Reaction score
If u wanna wait, when will the new model reaching sg?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The incoming model looks like the b@st@rd child of the BlueSG car and the Fiat Eurovan :s8:

Upcoming model:

BlueSG:
bluesg_car2.jpg

Fiat Van:
Fiat-pro-fiorino-2.jpg

Well ... imagine of the bumper was white.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
I am also in this dilemma. But Please do not fit oversized tyres.
175/65R15 rims must stick to its tyres. The aspect ratio can be modified at the expense of your speedo accuracy though. But do not fit a 195 tyre onto the 175 rim. You need to account for the tyre flex which will be completely affected if you change an oversized tyre. You are at risk of dislodging of the tyre in bends. No amount of tyre pressure can correct it. Forcefully fit it onto the rim is also not helping too.

If you feel the tyres are too small, which I agree, you have to change with the rims as well. Malaysia Kulai sells a lot of good bigger 15 inch rims as well from thailand at good prices. The last time I saw was about RM1000 for 4 rims and are very good ones. Their tyres cost RM700 to RM800.

Your OE rim from honda however meets the JWL standards which might not be met by after market rims. So check with the tyre shop.

please do not get rims from malaysia.
if want after market rims, go for advanti or stamford rim. safety.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score

you can't do 195. and definitely not 195/65/15 but 195/50/15 or 195/55/15.

for your case, the most you can go is 185/60/15.

anyway, my friend did 205/45/16 on his fit.

leave it to the tyre shop to advise you.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Advanti is probably fine, because YHI was subconned to do Enkei Tuning rims and borrowed Enkei’s MAT technology to apply on their Advanti rims.

Stamford / SSW on the other hand, quality no different from other Taiwan replicas, except they are made in Thailand.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Advanti is probably fine, because YHI was subconned to do Enkei Tuning rims and borrowed Enkei’s MAT technology to apply on their Advanti rims.

Stamford / SSW on the other hand, quality no different from other Taiwan replicas, except they are made in Thailand.

yes Stamford probably no diff..
but I bought with confidence from a them as listed company,
which i have confident they don't use inferior metal..
seen a few pictures of rims breaking.. scary..

saying so, my previous ride was on taiwan rim..
for 8 years.. balancing gets harder haha..

bernier

Reaction score
recommended aftermarket wheels specs close to stock diameter:

15"
rims: 15x6.5 or 15x7
tires: 195/55 or 205/50
offset: +35 +38 +40

16"
rims: 16x7
tires: 185/55 or 195/50 or 205/45
offset: +38 +40 +42

if you require to install aftermarket brake kit go for 16" wheels :s12:

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score

1. Why do not get rims from Malaysia?
2. Please define safety.
3. Why did you only mention Advanti or stamford rim?

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
1. Why do not get rims from Malaysia?
2. Please define safety.
3. Why did you only mention Advanti or stamford rim?

1) Unbranded ones are mostly inferior quality. Same goes for local shops who uses design of branded rims (replica). Heavy yet soft.

2) Safety = Won't break. Look around the internet, you see pictures of rims snapping.

Replica rims are soft, you go thru super big pothole, a strong impact, wrap already.

3) They have quality and reputation to uphold. Their rims are stronger than replica ones.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes Stamford probably no diff..
but I bought with confidence from a them as listed company,
which i have confident they don't use inferior metal..
seen a few pictures of rims breaking.. scary..

saying so, my previous ride was on taiwan rim..
for 8 years.. balancing gets harder haha..
Doesn’t matter if the company is listed, it’s still replicas with quite frankly no proven reliability. And the biggest problem with almost all - if not all - of the SSW range, is that they are heavy, no lighter than any stock rims, but without the proven Enkei build quality. To me that is just as even more pointless as compared to changing to any other replicas.

Eighty7

Reaction score
1) Unbranded ones are mostly inferior quality. Same goes for local shops who uses design of branded rims (replica). Heavy yet soft.

2) Safety = Won't break. Look around the internet, you see pictures of rims snapping.

Replica rims are soft, you go thru super big pothole, a strong impact, wrap already.

3) They have quality and reputation to uphold. Their rims are stronger than replica ones.

A good rim is expensive because of its strong and light alloy

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score
Can you please advise
Please explain how is quality defined as inferior and superior? How do you measure the weight and softness (pertaining to material)
What is the parameter measured to consider the rim to not to break?
How is safety ensured?
Please explain what is the quality that you have mentioned above?
How are their rims stronger than the replica ones? Is strength the only consideration? How is the strength measured?
Doesn’t matter if the company is listed, it’s still replicas with quite frankly no proven reliability. And the biggest problem with almost all - if not all - of the SSW range, is that they are heavy, no lighter than any stock rims, but without the proven Enkei build quality. To me that is just as even more pointless as compared to changing to any other replicas.
Brutal fact.
A good rim is expensive because of its strong and light alloy
Apart from the material presumably from your definition of strong and light alloy, what else makes the rim good?
Cheap is not always Good. Better is not Cheap. :s12:
Depends also on the production supply chain network and the marketing strategy to price it higher or lower in order to create a perception.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.