www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Cars & Cars (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/)
-   -   Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/honda-fit-jazz-part-2-a-5908121.html)

bh10101 13-05-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veryhonestguy (Post 120762552)
Haha can’t but funniest I saw is 2 guys stand in front of my car pointing here and there and keep pointing at the car cam, think they are debating if that cam is working anot

i learn something new today. even dash cam doh blink, doesnt mean is not power on :D

veryhonestguy 13-05-2019 05:15 PM

Actually that the good part , u know the reckless driving got a video , the guy thought the person cam is not working and hit and run then kana expose

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh10101 (Post 120762863)
i learn something new today. even dash cam doh blink, doesnt mean is not power on :D


bh10101 13-05-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphan (Post 120761946)
I like mine blinking also.
A bit of extra deterrent.

how do you workaround the battery supporting issue for dash cam with 24hrs on standby mode?

install additional battery? or dash cam battery pack? or solar panel?

Orphan 13-05-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh10101 (Post 120762913)
how do you workaround the battery supporting issue for dash cam with 24hrs on standby mode?

install additional battery? or dash cam battery pack? or solar panel?

My 12v battery can last about 24hrs before voltage go below 12v. (Mine is hybrid though, so the hybrid batt is likely charging the 12v batt).
But a couple of times it went into shutdown mode due to fluctuating voltage.

So I installed a battery pack for the cam. Stabilizes the voltage also. Shud also protect my hybrid batt.

I also bought a hummer car starter battery at the car show.

veryhonestguy 13-05-2019 06:37 PM

Ya hor what happen when go overseas , 12v will auto cut right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphan (Post 120764188)
My 12v battery can last about 24hrs before voltage go below 12v.
But a couple of times it went into shutdown mode due to fluctuating voltage.

So I installed a battery pack for the cam. Stabilizes the voltage also.

I also bought a hummer car starter battery at the car show.


Orphan 13-05-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veryhonestguy (Post 120764238)
Ya hor what happen when go overseas , 12v will auto cut right

The cam setting shud have a setting to do auto cutoff.
Howvever, even so, if more than 2 days overseas, so far I will manually off the camera :D

Hummer batt is really really in case the other electronics (keyless door signal recever etc) keep draining 12v batt until I cannot start. Call workshop to come is about 50 bucks, plus have to wait, or find kind hearted person that have jumper cables to help, plus very paiseh one.

Also, if got chiobu car cannot start, then I go help mah. But so far not yet hahahhaha

veryhonestguy 13-05-2019 07:05 PM

Ya think need to off the parking mode when overseas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphan (Post 120764348)
The cam setting shud have a setting to do auto cutoff.
Howvever, even so, if more than 2 days overseas, so far I will manually off the camera :D

Hummer batt is really really in case the other electronics (keyless door signal recever etc) keep draining 12v batt until I cannot start. Call workshop to come is about 50 bucks, plus have to wait, or find kind hearted person that have jumper cables to help, plus very paiseh one.

Also, if got chiobu car cannot start, then I go help mah. But so far not yet hahahhaha


supremebull 13-05-2019 10:01 PM

If want to buy and install battery pack for parking mode for iroad x9, any recommendations?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

CCCustom 14-05-2019 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirax (Post 120769852)
https://paultan.org/2019/05/08/2020-...oking-4th-gen/
For those ponding new hatch back better wait for 4th generation Honda jazz soon

Sorry but ... in terms of design that is 2 steps back. It looks like they’re trying to revert to the facelifted GE design:

https://www.japanesebuyers.com/jct/v...cbffce2dc3.jpg

bh10101 14-05-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirax (Post 120769852)
https://paultan.org/2019/05/08/2020-...oking-4th-gen/
For those ponding new hatch back better wait for 4th generation Honda jazz soon

the question here is will KM be selling Jazz Hybrid (i-MMD)? or just Jazz Petrol?
at the current price 94k for Jazz RS? might look for alternative options :eek:

bh10101 14-05-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCCustom (Post 120770191)
Sorry but ... in terms of design that is 2 steps back. It looks like they’re trying to revert to the facelifted GE design:

https://www.japanesebuyers.com/jct/v...cbffce2dc3.jpg

on the appearance, less aggressive look than Gen3 and very minor changes in terms of outlook if compare to Gen2.

somehow it looks similar to Nissan Note from certain angle

bh10101 14-05-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphan (Post 120764348)
The cam setting shud have a setting to do auto cutoff.
Howvever, even so, if more than 2 days overseas, so far I will manually off the camera :D

Hummer batt is really really in case the other electronics (keyless door signal recever etc) keep draining 12v batt until I cannot start. Call workshop to come is about 50 bucks, plus have to wait, or find kind hearted person that have jumper cables to help, plus very paiseh one.

Also, if got chiobu car cannot start, then I go help mah. But so far not yet hahahhaha

did you notice there is a slot in the front, not sure can fit in a 2nd battery?
& why there is no issue with other cars which are using dash cam even on parking mode for dayss in carpark?

Orphan 14-05-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh10101 (Post 120772446)
did you notice there is a slot in the front, not sure can fit in a 2nd battery?
& why there is no issue with other cars which are using dash cam even on parking mode for dayss in carpark?


The dash cams I see so far normally have only 1 power input jack.


My 2-ch recording also can last a few days (over weekend).
Got a few factors:
1) 1-ch or 2-ch (2-ch increase power consumption by abt 50%)
2) Recording mode (always on or motion detection recording. If motion detection, whether traffic is heavy)
3) Model of dash cam
4) Activated functions (eg switching on Wifi + GPS) also takes more power)


External battery pack got different capacity ones. High capacity ones can really last for days. There's even 1 external battery pack that is designed to let user daisy chain multiple packs.


I'll post later on the research on battery packs.






And finally, there's this
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/UNIQUE-LAB...L-HD/431467696

bh10101 14-05-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphan (Post 120774540)
The dash cams I see so far normally have only 1 power input jack.

External battery pack got different capacity ones. High capacity ones can really last for days. There's even 1 external battery pack that is designed to let user daisy chain multiple packs.

is it daisy chain? battery to another battery pack, then connect to dash cam?
or independent power setup? battery for car & dash cam, battery pack for dash cam?

bh10101 14-05-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphan (Post 120774540)

this one sure fake one. no lights on it.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.