www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Cars & Cars (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/)
-   -   Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/honda-fit-jazz-part-2-a-5908121.html)

IIIUSION 03-10-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion888 (Post 123060322)
Fellow Fit driver here. But just wana rant about the irritating sound of the AC compressor cycling on and off. It's so annoying that I can no longer listen to soft music during drives. I can only ramp up the volume in order to hide the wretched metallic clicking sound the compressor makes every 10secs.

And the roof lining wil make a buzzing zzzz sound when driving on uneven roads.
FC and handling is great for this car, jus let down by the severely poor NVH and build quality.

Car is less than 6mths old, by the way :(

Most probably gg to cut my losses and change to Avante when car rched 6mths old.

NVH is rather good for a budget car, much better than my previous Suzuki Swift. You can consider switching off the econ mode to lower the cycling rate of the aircon.

bh10101 03-10-2019 09:59 PM

less than 6mths got so much buzzing? clicking? sounds?
got ask your PI workshop anot? still under warranty right? :s12:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion888 (Post 123060322)
Fellow Fit driver here. But just wana rant about the irritating sound of the AC compressor cycling on and off. It's so annoying that I can no longer listen to soft music during drives. I can only ramp up the volume in order to hide the wretched metallic clicking sound the compressor makes every 10secs.

And the roof lining wil make a buzzing zzzz sound when driving on uneven roads.
FC and handling is great for this car, jus let down by the severely poor NVH and build quality.

Car is less than 6mths old, by the way :(

Most probably gg to cut my losses and change to Avante when car rched 6mths old.

lion888 03-10-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh10101 (Post 123062063)
less than 6mths got so much buzzing? clicking? sounds?
got ask your PI workshop anot? still under warranty right? :s12:

The aircon clicking sound when it cycles on and off is a normal thing apparently. I checked with 3 friends who drove jazz/fit, their car also have the same occurrence. They hate it too, but they can live with it. Maybe I'm too sensitive to sound.

For the buzzing roof, PI workshop offered to remove the entire roofliner and replace for me. But high chance sound wil come back, but maybe in another corner. Because the roofliner material are those cheapo kind. Can see diff if you drove Korean cars before.

Although I must say, the handling on 195/55/15 tires is superb. And the FC is amazing. Interior space is extraordinary, and for that price! I only wish that the built quality was just abit better.

bh10101 04-10-2019 08:42 AM

I am currently driving 18Jazz 1.5

I do not have the aircon clicking sound, maybe my fan speed is always set at 2.

As for the buzzing roof, this is really strange to me.. do not have this issue..
do you always go on very high speed? above the road limits? :s12:

The only irritating sound is the engine for Jazz1.5
I think this is already made known to all buyers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion888 (Post 123063249)
The aircon clicking sound when it cycles on and off is a normal thing apparently. I checked with 3 friends who drove jazz/fit, their car also have the same occurrence. They hate it too, but they can live with it. Maybe I'm too sensitive to sound.

For the buzzing roof, PI workshop offered to remove the entire roofliner and replace for me. But high chance sound wil come back, but maybe in another corner. Because the roofliner material are those cheapo kind. Can see diff if you drove Korean cars before.

Although I must say, the handling on 195/55/15 tires is superb. And the FC is amazing. Interior space is extraordinary, and for that price! I only wish that the built quality was just abit better.

CCCustom 04-10-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

The roof lining has a hard backing (not exactly a frame, but you get the idea) ... if there is buzzing it’s either a clip that is loose or a defect in this backing.

I do not know if the clips for these backings are separate items or molded in 1 piece together with the backing ... if they offer to replace it should be the whole part, in this case find out if they will replace with a brand new Honda Original Part including brand new clips if they are separate ... if so there is no reason to fear ”buzzing at another corner”.

But if what they mean is to repair or replace with a refurbished or 3rd party part, then probably there are risks.

Worst come to worst, pay for soundproofing / insulation on the underside of the metal of the roof.

bh10101 04-10-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCCustom (Post 123066745)
Worst come to worst, pay for soundproofing / insulation on the underside of the metal of the roof.

if intent to go for soundproofing? then do it for the whole car loh.. :s12::s12:

lion888 04-10-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IIIUSION (Post 123061156)
NVH is rather good for a budget car, much better than my previous Suzuki Swift. You can consider switching off the econ mode to lower the cycling rate of the aircon.

Hey buddy, yeah I agree that the wind and road noise of the FIT is better than my previous Suzuki SX4 too. Just that the frequent and loud cycling of the AC rly took me by surprise.

I don't turn on ECON mode though. I'm usually on Fan Speed 2 / 24degrees. Interestingly, when I turn to speed 4 or 5 on rly hot days, the cycling becomes much much less frequent.

I tried sitting in my uncle's 1.3 Jazz, same issue. He say he jus turn on radio loud loud then pretend not to hear it hahaha

lion888 04-10-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh10101 (Post 123066864)
if intent to go for soundproofing? then do it for the whole car loh.. :s12::s12:

Funny thing is, I went to do 4 door sound proofing with the intention to cut down on the road noise. But end result is that the cabin becomes too quiet that all the other small rattling noises (for eg. Roofliner, HU plastic cover creaking etc) that usually are covered by road/wind noise, now becomes so much obvious. 😅

Not sure whether to feel happy or sad haha

bh10101 04-10-2019 03:59 PM

is it the aircon or the engine? you illegal mod it har? :s13::s13:
aircon set to fan speed 2 & 25degrees can liao :s12:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion888 (Post 123071233)
I don't turn on ECON mode though. I'm usually on Fan Speed 2 / 24degrees. Interestingly, when I turn to speed 4 or 5 on rly hot days, the cycling becomes much much less frequent.
I tried sitting in my uncle's 1.3 Jazz, same issue. He say he jus turn on radio loud loud then pretend not to hear it hahaha

bh10101 04-10-2019 04:04 PM

damn hard to make this customer happy lah.. :s13::s13:
simi also want to complaint?! :s22::s22:
sell your car and go take public transports :s12: :flash:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion888 (Post 123071341)
Funny thing is, I went to do 4 door sound proofing with the intention to cut down on the road noise. But end result is that the cabin becomes too quiet that all the other small rattling noises (for eg. Roofliner, HU plastic cover creaking etc) that usually are covered by road/wind noise, now becomes so much obvious. 😅
Not sure whether to feel happy or sad haha

Qqboy2019 05-10-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Agree the tire specs is amazing..had same set for my new Honda fit 1.3...feels good and stable

dlwk_cal 11-10-2019 02:38 PM

Hi everyone, just got my Jazz LX last month.

I'm thinking of changing the stock yokohama tyres (175/65/15) to Michelin primacy or XM2 (195/65/15). Can the stock rim be able to support a 195 tyre?

i quite like the stock rim and i heard Jazz stock rims are enkei so they are very good quality. But if no choice cannot fit a bigger width profile, what rims is recommended to change to?

bh10101 11-10-2019 04:21 PM

whats the difference between Jazz 1.3 Hatchback VS Jazz 1.3 Hatchback Plus VS Jazz 1.3 Hatchback LX ?? :s12:

KM got new variance for Jazz 1.3? Hatchback Plus? :s13:

dlwk_cal 11-10-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh10101 (Post 123181415)
whats the difference between Jazz 1.3 Hatchback VS Jazz 1.3 Hatchback Plus VS Jazz 1.3 Hatchback LX ?? :s12:

KM got new variance for Jazz 1.3? Hatchback Plus? :s13:

ya i jus saw there's a plus also. when i was at KM las month there's no such model yet.

have to compare the specs maybe.

bh10101 11-10-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlwk_cal (Post 123179774)
i quite like the stock rim and i heard Jazz stock rims are enkei so they are very good quality. But if no choice cannot fit a bigger width profile, what rims is recommended to change to?

your rims are sliver or black :s11: