www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Cars & Cars (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/)
-   -   Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/honda-fit-jazz-part-2-a-5908121.html)

mrtanbg 24-09-2018 09:33 PM

Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Who went to complain ? Fellow jelly SE from kah ? Parallel importers ?

Sent from 你怕黑吗?黑有什么好怕 using GAGT

mrtanbg 24-09-2018 09:34 PM

I have said this either in this thread or elsewhere. Rikecool has basically cornered the market. Many marques use them, even the premium ones. Taxi companies included. VW, skoda seems to have bucked the trend recently and switched to 3M.

mrtanbg 24-09-2018 09:36 PM

Please bear in mind that what is critical is heat rejection. The retail price is 900 yes but if you opt out, I doubt you can get even 300 in cash back.

fake_oranges 24-09-2018 09:41 PM

Now i know society frowns on helping people.

AL5509 25-09-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fake_oranges (Post 116681637)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtanbg (Post 116681458)
Who went to complain ? Fellow jelly SE from kah ? Parallel importers ?

People like you guys dont seem to understand the house-rule?

"Thread closed due to suspected ongoing sales solicitation by a user. Gentle reminder that soliciting sales is not allowed on HWZ forums unless formally authorized as an advertising partner."

If this is allows all dealers will come here and start advertising and follow suit?

It is a forum to chat about stuffs not to promote/sell stuffs(that is why there isnt a sales thread here, not even your personal car).

So please go to the right site to help.

But if any is so keen and helpful to help the community, please do the following?

Be formally authorized as an advertising partner and advertising via how it should be done.

A great way to help and be happy, why not.
Am sure some agents are fine to pay for it with many followers.

Your understanding will be greatly appreciated by many.

tek888 25-09-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtanbg (Post 116681521)
Please bear in mind that what is critical is heat rejection. The retail price is 900 yes but if you opt out, I doubt you can get even 300 in cash back.

Hi

Thanks for starting this thread. I am also considering to opt out of Rikecool.

Was exploring other solar films and came across tintsycool, which seems to be quite popular. Got a quote from them but was very surprised that Jazz is considered to be a medium size car from tintsy.

besides tintsy, any other solar films to recommend?

myviowner 25-09-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL5509 (Post 116685250)
People like you guys dont seem to understand the house-rule?

"Thread closed due to suspected ongoing sales solicitation by a user. Gentle reminder that soliciting sales is not allowed on HWZ forums unless formally authorized as an advertising partner."

If this is allows all dealers will come here and start advertising and follow suit?

It is a forum to chat about stuffs not to promote/sell stuffs(that is why there isnt a sales thread here, not even your personal car).

So please go to the right site to help.

But if any is so keen and helpful to help the community, please do the following?

Be formally authorized as an advertising partner and advertising via how it should be done.

A great way to help and be happy, why not.
Am sure some agents are fine to pay for it with many followers.

Your understanding will be greatly appreciated by many.

Good things come to an end.... i guess a lot ppl had benefited.

AL5509 25-09-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myviowner (Post 116685659)
Good things come to an end.... i guess a lot ppl had benefited.

Ya ya lo.
Time to invite all Toyota, Mazda, BMW, Merc, etc etc's PM le.
Allow everyone in this community to benefit mah.

Later on can even start a HWZ's sales cum sure good lobang thread here and count SGcarsmart.

Win~Win for everyone.
Huat Huat Huat.

HondaJG 25-09-2018 09:18 AM

share sales contact also considered solicitation? :eek:
这是不是杀一儆百? :s22:

"Thread closed due to suspected ongoing sales solicitation by a user. Gentle reminder that soliciting sales is not allowed on HWZ forums unless formally authorized as an advertising partner.

For further discussion on Honda Fit/Jazz, kindly start a new thread. Meanwhile drive safe! "

CCCustom 25-09-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tek888 (Post 116685475)
Hi

Thanks for starting this thread. I am also considering to opt out of Rikecool.

Was exploring other solar films and came across tintsycool, which seems to be quite popular. Got a quote from them but was very surprised that Jazz is considered to be a medium size car from tintsy.

besides tintsy, any other solar films to recommend?

This would be a downgrade from a mediocre film to an even more mediocre film. To put it in a ”cute” perspective, to opt out of RikeCool to go for this TintsyCool is like selling a Punggol/Sengkang HDB to move to an even newer undeveloped new HDB estate =:p

Some folks already mentioned, the cashback from opting out of RikeCool is pretty crap, even though it’s supposed to be ”worth $XXX”.

You opt out of RikeCool only if you want to upgrade to a higher grade film ... if you go this route, try negotiating with the SE to top up for V-Kool or Nanolux (if they have the business link with them) for metallic film, or 3M if you still prefer a ceramic film (RikeCool and most cheap aftermarket films including TintsyCool are ceramic too FYI).

AL5509 25-09-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaJG (Post 116686610)
share sales contact also considered solicitation? :eek:
这是不是杀一儆百? :s22:

"4 closed due to suspected ongoing sales solicitation by a user. Gentle reminder that soliciting sales is not allowed on HWZ forums unless formally authorized as an advertising partner.

For further discussion on Honda Fit/Jazz, kindly start a new thread. Meanwhile drive safe! "

Dont know whats your agenda?

Mod here is helping people in HWZ from unwanted advertsiement at their own time with no vested or monetory gains yet they get this from you people?

=p

HondaJG 25-09-2018 09:35 AM

:crazy: :crazy:

assiak71 25-09-2018 09:40 AM

Why jazz only. Expand to all honda rah

Dragon 25-09-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fake_oranges (Post 116681637)

We have also received reports from users that you sent PM to them referring your SE with contact number WITHOUT them seeking your help.

Let this be a final warning to you to stop your unauthorized sales solicitation activities. :)

iCubes 25-09-2018 01:47 PM

It's a pity the jazz versions here do not come with Apple Carplay. Want to install aftermarket also cannot, say will void the warranty.

HondaJG 25-09-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCubes (Post 116691314)
It's a pity the jazz versions here do not come with Apple Carplay. Want to install aftermarket also cannot, say will void the warranty.

what if you bring to KM to install instead? could that be an option?

winningeleven 25-09-2018 03:34 PM

For my opinion, if u bought a used car without a solar film. Then i think u can get the one that u like. My old previous jazz did not have any solar film installed and only now my current ride comes with rikecool installed as it was given free by kah motor.
As already experienced both my rides with and without solar film. Definitely I won't want to spend that much on solar film. As Long it is free by AD. I will take it.

In our typical singapore weather. As Long u parked under the hot sun. I don't think any solar film is able to cool your car. I do believe it helps a little but not significantly much. To add on. My Iroad dash cam camera also still functional after 1 year plus under the hot sun. Maybe solar film also help to prolong the life span of it.

CCCustom 25-09-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winningeleven (Post 116693007)
For my opinion, if u bought a used car without a solar film. Then i think u can get the one that u like. My old previous jazz did not have any solar film installed and only now my current ride comes with rikecool installed as it was given free by kah motor.
As already experienced both my rides with and without solar film. Definitely I won't want to spend that much on solar film. As Long it is free by AD. I will take it.

In our typical singapore weather. As Long u parked under the hot sun. I don't think any solar film is able to cool your car. I do believe it helps a little but not significantly much. To add on. My Iroad dash cam camera also still functional after 1 year plus under the hot sun. Maybe solar film also help to prolong the life span of it.

We’d discussed solar films many times over the years.

Solar film comes in 2 types, metallic and ceramic ... metallic reflects while ceramic absorbs, think this is something that is understood. Of course, there’s only so much heat a metallic film can reflect and only so much heat a ceramic film can absorb, so if 2 cars 1 with metallic film and 1 with ceramic film, park under the sun from morning through mid-afternoon, both will still get equally hot.

The difference is in the short-term, e.g. you drive out of a sheltered carpark and sun is coming in ... or you park the car under the sun for a half hour or an hour or so ... that’s when you’ll see - or rather, feel - the difference between metallic film and ceramic film, and between higher grade ceramic film and lower grade ones.

pororokia 25-09-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

then u have to weigh the options already.

got 2 camps of views, some dont bother cos they dont go back agent for servicing.

some will bother and remain all stock, worrying abt changing to aftermarket parts even HU...

weird, changing HU also void warranty really joke.

pororokia 25-09-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaJG (Post 116691861)
what if you bring to KM to install instead? could that be an option?

i dont think KM does installation of aftermarket headunit.

TopGun 25-09-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtanbg (Post 116681479)
I have said this either in this thread or elsewhere. Rikecool has basically cornered the market. Many marques use them, even the premium ones. Taxi companies included. VW, skoda seems to have bucked the trend recently and switched to 3M.

Vw uses 3M. Skoda is with vkool.

CCCustom 25-09-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

When you say "void the warranty", what exactly are they voiding? Warranty for the stock player, or warranty for the whole car? :s13: If warranty for the stock player, so be it. No big deal.

If they say change player then whole car warranty void, tell the SA to go £@€# themselves. HU spoil don't tell me void warranty for suspension leaking, etc ... right?

Kula Diamond 25-09-2018 11:59 PM

Should change thread title as Fit/Jazz lobang thread :crazy:

iCubes 26-09-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCCustom (Post 116701937)
When you say "void the warranty", what exactly are they voiding? Warranty for the stock player, or warranty for the whole car? :s13: If warranty for the stock player, so be it. No big deal.

If they say change player then whole car warranty void, tell the SA to go £@€# themselves. HU spoil don't tell me void warranty for suspension leaking, etc ... right?

You made a good point. I didn't really probe but the SE mentioned that cos the stock player is the main interface tied to the reverse cam, steering controls and some car electronics, the warranty will be affected for those items. It sounded like a long list of items to me.

CCCustom 26-09-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCubes (Post 116707572)
You made a good point. I didn't really probe but the SE mentioned that cos the stock player is the main interface tied to the reverse cam, steering controls and some car electronics, the warranty will be affected for those items. It sounded like a long list of items to me.

I suggest you get them to give you a list.

Some things are understood. Steering controls will not work with aftermarket players unless you add an interface module between the controls and the player, and the player must be 1 that has the port for such interfaces. Reverse cam may or may not work with aftermarket player ... I can’t comment about current-gen cars, but older models where you can buy the optional original Honda reverse cam, it’d only work with the original Honda Gathers player, my understanding is the connection was harness rather than the standard yellow video cable, so if you go the aftermarket player route you might have to go aftermarket on the reverse cam too ... unless the reverse cam on the car is also local-fitted aftermarket and not an original Honda part.

Orly?! 26-09-2018 10:12 PM

anyone using it with the mugen kit?

HondaJG 27-09-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orly?! (Post 116719430)
anyone using it with the mugen kit?

where to find mugen kit for Jazz??

mrtanbg 27-09-2018 11:25 AM

Have not seen Mugen kitted honda for long time Liao.

winningeleven 27-09-2018 12:03 PM

U can have a mugen kit fitted on the facelift 1.3 jazz from kah motor for about 3k.

I suggest better save the 3k and get the 1.5 RS

HondaJG 27-09-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winningeleven (Post 116727682)
U can have a mugen kit fitted on the facelift 1.3 jazz from kah motor for about 3k.

I suggest better save the 3k and get the 1.5 RS

am waiting for 1.5 RS (due in Nov). just like to go see see look look @mugen kit if is available in local store

iCubes 27-09-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaJG (Post 116729458)
am waiting for 1.5 RS (due in Nov). just like to go see see look look @mugen kit if is available in local store

Which colour did you go for?

HondaJG 27-09-2018 05:18 PM

black :s12:

zerodyssey 03-10-2018 08:25 PM

guys, i have a question.
If i plug the HDMI cable in.. is Jazz able to mirrorlink out my phone apps?

afreshercupofjo 05-10-2018 09:14 AM

Just got a 3 year old Jazz 1.5 RS

Got Apple CarPlay or not? HU is stock

bai-ka 16-10-2018 04:53 PM

Honda Fit/Jazz - Part 2

Part 1 here: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...z-3447056.html

search but no one create part 2 so i start the ball rolling.

got a 2009 GE8, intend to renew in the coming months.
asking for some advice before going down to the workshop.
got some other questions also but those are not mechanical issue so it can wait hahaha.

when the car is cold, change gear from P to D is a very big jerk.
testing the car at the dealer never felt this.
reverse very smooth no problem.
ATF (and engine oil, air filter, etc) changed when took over the car.
this one is 5sp auto, not CVT.

TIA.

AL5509 16-10-2018 04:57 PM

Got!
Here lo:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...5908121-3.html

You never join Singapore leading fit/jazz WhatsApp group chat mah?

The leader there got alot of followers de.

bai-ka 16-10-2018 05:16 PM

aiyah, my forum search skill fail...
now got to find out how to delete thread.

thanks.

bai-ka 16-10-2018 05:20 PM

hello, gong gong went to start thread, didn't know part 2 is here already...
side question: how to delete thread?

got some other questions also but those are not mechanical issue so it can wait hahaha.

Lancelot 16-10-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bai-ka (Post 117066783)
aiyah, my forum search skill fail...
now got to find out how to delete thread.

thanks.

I've merged both threads. :)

selanking 17-10-2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bai-ka (Post 117066882)
hello, gong gong went to start thread, didn't know part 2 is here already...
side question: how to delete thread?

Found Lots of Honda car gearbox got issues, mostly are civics.
High chance is gb issue.
I got the same issue before in fd, not sure they are used same gearbox or not.

HondaJG 17-10-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selanking (Post 117075696)
High chance is gb issue.

my is Jazz 1.3 (2nd Gen) with current mileage of 192000.
most advises given in the forum and AD SA are pointing to the same thing - time to change the gearbox. :(

Sainterly 17-10-2018 12:08 PM

If from P to Any. u will feel a big knock. it time to repair/replace gearbox.

Which is better to repair unless replace new and recon.

normally clutch plate/flywheel, conventer. etc. after repair can last u another 150-200k km.

HondaJG 17-10-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sainterly (Post 117081086)

normally clutch plate/flywheel, conventer. etc. after repair can last u another 150-200k km.

understood is replaced rather than repaired, due to wear & tear over high mileage.

CCCustom 17-10-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selanking (Post 117075696)
High chance is gb issue.

The biggest problem is not the gearbox but the gearbox oil. Whatever the mileage it is specced for, replace it in half the time. E.g. HMMF for CVT is specced for 40k ... you use it more than 20k you already start to notice problems.

bai-ka 18-10-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancelot (Post 117073691)
I've merged both threads. :)

thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sainterly (Post 117081086)

converter is the torque converter?

Starrynighty 20-10-2018 12:19 AM

Anyone knows how to join Singapore leading fit/jazz WhatsApp group chat?

Sainterly 21-10-2018 01:36 PM

Anyone know what the model of fit hybrid?
I know it should not be GK.

HondaJG 21-10-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starrynighty (Post 117130068)
Anyone knows how to join Singapore leading fit/jazz WhatsApp group chat?

look for a guy named fake_oranges. I think he is the one hosting the chat group.

XxlwAteRzlxX 22-10-2018 03:29 PM

64k for honda fit worth ?

HondaJG 22-10-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxlwAteRzlxX (Post 117172601)
64k for honda fit worth ?

how many years left? which year?