HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How does LTA assign vehicle plate no to cars?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
Master Member

How does LTA assign vehicle plate no to cars?

Issit after registering your vehicle with LTA or after you secure COE?

So assuming now newest plate is SMT.

for me i have already secure COE in early march. but my car can only collect after may. would they use SMT (since I already secure COE)? Or would they use newer no plates like SMU or SMV once I collect my car after May?
santa_edmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
Master Member

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/actio..._ID=F0103007ET

just check here. your number plate will be register on the date your car is registered.
blade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Choose something u like
skytan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #4

for me i have already secure COE in early march. but my car can only collect after may. would they use SMT (since I already secure COE)? Or would they use newer no plates like SMU or SMV once I collect my car after May?
Number is given in random based on the range when the car is registered. The link is shared by an earlier poster. When the coe was obtained does not affect the reg no
giraffey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #5

Coe is independent of car plate number . SE will call you an notify you of car plate number issued 1-2weeks before collection
iduncheckmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 02:36 PM   #6
Master Member

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/actio..._ID=F0103007ET

just check here. your number plate will be register on the date your car is registered.
so car can only be registered when it physically comes or being shipped to singapore rite.
Old 25-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #7

so car can only be registered when it physically comes or being shipped to singapore rite.
It should reach the agent first.
giraffey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 03:23 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wonder wad after SYZ plate ...SZ is for rental.. so Y is the last liao.. probably another 30~40yrs to use up..
Aaron_soh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #9
Master Member

Coe validity is between 3 to 6 months. It mean u have up to 6 months to get in register for your new car. Once registered with LTA. Then u get your car playenumber. A good SE will register your new car 1 or 2 days before collection. To register 2 weeks before pass to customer. That is really A n a l.
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #10
Master Member

Coe validity is between 3 to 6 months. It mean u have up to 6 months to get in register for your new car. Once registered with LTA. Then u get your car playenumber. A good SE will register your new car 1 or 2 days before collection. To register 2 weeks before pass to customer. That is really A n a l.
Is there any issues if dealer register 2 weeks before passing to us? wats the diff register 2 days before and 2 weeks?
Old 25-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #11
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Is there any issues if dealer register 2 weeks before passing to us? wats the diff register 2 days before and 2 weeks?
You lose 14 days of COE if register 2 weeks before.

2 days before, you lose only 2 days.

Some argue that price of COE is 10 years, 2 weeks loss is fine. To me, it isn't, my car depreciated for 2 weeks sitting in dealer's warehouse instead of me driving it.

Both my rides were registered 1 day prior to collection not days or weeks before. Unless a rebate was offered earlier. My friend registered his much earlier and they gave him a better price to negate the loss of use.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #12

If e agent reg n tell u collect two weeks later. Better ask for compensation or freebies.

Normally, 1-3days u shld get ur car after reg

iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #13
Master Member

mine register on the day of collection.
gnixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 08:16 PM   #14

I followed the allocation range on LTA website and asked my SE to register the car when it's within a certain range. Not accurate at all 🤣 still got a nice number nonetheless.

My friend told me that the SE has a few numbers to choose from to allocate to your car? Not sure how accurate.
-nyox- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #15
Master Member

definitely won't be SMT.
SMU more like it. else the 1xxx or 2xxx of SMV
gohsj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.