Old 22-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #1

How to drive during heavy rain?

Wipers max speed but wind shield can't see anything

I only know drive slow

Any experts?
moolala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
Master Member

1. On blinkers, slowly move road shoulder & stop.

2. On blinkers, slowly go safe place to stop & wait.

3. On blinkers,try follow the car infront with safe distance bec u cant see the road lanes anymore.

Number 3 is risky, bec u r just guessing what ur dirving on. Maybe ur driving into pothole, drain, canal etc without knowing.
mel1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #3
EJB
High Supremacy Member

I only know drive slow

Any experts?
I don't use wipers... so I'll go with the 2nd.

DRIVE SLOW.
Old 22-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #4

1. On blinkers, slowly move road shoulder & stop.

2. On blinkers, slowly go safe place to stop & wait.

3. On blinkers,try follow the car infront with safe distance bec u cant see the road lanes anymore.

Number 3 is risky, bec u r just guessing what ur dirving on. Maybe ur driving into pothole, drain, canal etc without knowing.
thing is can't even see the front i.e. can't even see whether got car in front, only can see side and still not very clear olso

some ppl say to use the black white strips on the roadside as a gauge
Old 22-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

coat ur windscreen, it helps a lil for those heavy downpour, and wiper get a good one.
altho overall still abit hard to see
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

Drive slow and avoid the right lane, water tend to collect on the extreme right and left lane which is ok on normal streets but will cause a pulling effect on the highway. Don't do sudden moves, signal well in time, most of the time other drivers will usually give way during heavy rain. I've also gotten splashed by oncoming traffic which caused the whole windscreen to be covered and can't see, anticipate these if you really wanna drive on lane 1.

Hazard light is debatable, I don't recommend keeping it on as it may confuse other drivers. Only on if you're coming to a stop on the highway to warn others
Conan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 06:20 PM   #7
Master Member

Number 1 u should be do is switch on your headlight to improve your visibility and other road users can see u clearly. Do not assume your day running light is enough.
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 06:22 PM   #8
Master Member

Drive slow and avoid the right lane, water tend to collect on the extreme right and left lane which is ok on normal streets but will cause a pulling effect on the highway. Don't do sudden moves, signal well in time, most of the time other drivers will usually give way during heavy rain. I've also gotten splashed by oncoming traffic which caused the whole windscreen to be covered and can't see, anticipate these if you really wanna drive on lane 1.

Hazard light is debatable, I don't recommend keeping it on as it may confuse other drivers. Only on if you're coming to a stop on the highway to warn others
On the headlight and also fog light if u have. Hazard light is confusing if have to switch lane.
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

don't ever on blinkers or hazard lights
on hazard lights only if you are a hazard like vehicle breakdown
if you are a hazard better stop driving and don't be on the road to cause accident to others

correct way is to drive slowly and signal early and no sudden lane changes
warn others by tap lightly on the brake a few times to slow down before coming to a stop
Old 22-03-2020, 06:32 PM   #10

Don’t do hard braking or sudden acceleration. Causing Tyre to skid
SuperSprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 07:35 PM   #11

If rain is too heavy n u really cant c well in front (due to yr eyesight or visibility is poor) DONT drv! U r causing danger to yrself n others!

If u really hav to drv in heavy rain:
1) drv slow , giv 2-3x safety dist in front of u
2) If nd to cut lane, chk yr blindspot clearly n signal early n switch lane slowly.
3) on expressways try avoid extreme left n right lanes s there may b ponding
4) sometimes if yr view is blur, could b caused by misting/fogging on yr windscreen. Try to wipe it w a cloth to c if it get better.
5) of course on yr headlights. Try nt to on hazard lights cos my colleag said he ever saw drver stopped by TP. I think bcos it may confuse drvers if yr car is gg to stop or stopped or still moving s per norm
sporeknight76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 12:35 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

Just don't turn on your hazard lights, it will just add to the confusion, just DON'T
Old 23-03-2020, 01:14 AM   #13

If rain is too heavy n u really cant c well in front (due to yr eyesight or visibility is poor) DONT drv! U r causing danger to yrself n others!

If u really hav to drv in heavy rain:
1) drv slow , giv 2-3x safety dist in front of u
2) If nd to cut lane, chk yr blindspot clearly n signal early n switch lane slowly.
3) on expressways try avoid extreme left n right lanes s there may b ponding
4) sometimes if yr view is blur, could b caused by misting/fogging on yr windscreen. Try to wipe it w a cloth to c if it get better.
5) of course on yr headlights. Try nt to on hazard lights cos my colleag said he ever saw drver stopped by TP. I think bcos it may confuse drvers if yr car is gg to stop or stopped or still moving s per norm
sometimes its really sudden, like those flash heavy downpour during monsoon season. You thought its just a normal rain, but then its so heavy ur wipers can't cope

I'm quite surprised no one encounter this issue or managed to drive. It's like a blur screen where u can only see things like stadium lights.

Else, it's blur and visibility is basically u having 700 degrees eye sight without glasses.
Old 23-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #14

Change a new pair of wipers. Drive slowly incase roads have water logged areas. If possible, a place to park and rain gets lighter.
Change to Centre line if on express way

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Last edited by networked; 23-03-2020 at 07:06 AM..
networked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 07:36 AM   #15
Supremacy Member

I only know drive slow

Any experts?
Peach Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.