How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

• 1 time :o

Votes: 1,446 58.3%
  • 2 times :)

Votes: 577 23.3%
  • 3 times :(

Votes: 260 10.5%
  • 4 times :sad:

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • 6 or more times

Votes: 68 2.7%

• Total voters

WolfKode

Reaction score
I passed my Class 3 on my 1st try last month, although the instructor changed to a new car a week before my TP test.

For me, the new car feels so much easier to drive as it is shorter in length compared to the previous car. The gearbox also feels so much better. It definitely helped me a lot with gear fighting on slopes.

Neon92

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Passed on my fourth attempt, Heng it wasn't the 1st/3rd guy who was deducting as much as he can

CSPyyyyy

Reaction score
Haha ok lah. The other 4 points were failure to confirm safety (vertical parking). Most likely is due to not bringing up the side mirrors after doing the parking (vertical parking being the last station). I only realised about the side mirrors when we were about to leave the circuit and going towards Eunos Link. Managed to bring up the side mirror at the stop line beside the guard post, haha!
Oh, wait we are allowed to adjust the side mirror after the circuit before the road test?
I did not adjust mine today and rely on my arga skill when driving outside:cry:

bustykid

Reaction score
Oh, wait we are allowed to adjust the side mirror after the circuit before the road test?
I did not adjust mine today and rely on my arga skill when driving outside:cry:
Of course have to adjust! How else to see the cars on both lanes sia? Surprised your tester didn't mark you for it.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Tiagong girls easier to pass cause tester thinks guys are more reckless. Pass Liao go out chiong liao

TP-UNCLELIM

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just failed my driving test today and felt unfairly judged by the tester. I'm planning to write in to make a complaint about my case. I'm enrolled in BBDC and my tester was LIM KENG LENG.

I cleared the circuit and it was pretty smooth, and I thought everything was going well until when the shittest thing actually happened to me. So, I was lining up behind 2 other cars waiting to drive out to the gate towards the road. If you guys are familiar with the BBDC road (before exiting the main road), you have to line up on the right side of the lane to turn out.

I noticed a parked car in the oncoming lane that is about 2 car length away from where I was (right lane on the opposite side). The BBDC instructor in the parked car put his arm out the window and waved his hand in the air and signaled for me to go, so I turned AND the tester immediately stepped on the brake. He said that the motorcyclist was coming and told me I caused the motorcyclist to stop, wobble, and put his foot down. He then went on to say that the motorist was inexperienced and unstable, if he didn't put his foot down he would have fallen, blah blah.

At the point where the car was stopped, we were only covering only an inch of the opposite lane, and I was FAR from causing an accident with the motorist ( who was on the left lane on the opposite side). IF he actually gave me time to step on the brake myself, I could have stopped and given way without causing obstruction.

I got 2 demerit points for "jerky braking" and 1 immediate failure for "failing to give way to traffic with right of way". But the thing is, the motorist stopped because, he saw the instructor waving his hand, then he saw me and he braked. His braking wasn't due to the reason that I did not give way to him, it was rather the instructor made him give way to me. And when this was happening, the tester's itchy leg had to step on the brake. We turned out into the main road and went back to BBDC immediately.

I was pretty upset and traumatized by this and I lost my confidence in driving. I thought I was doing well and I didn't expect that I would fail so tragically. Not sure if you guys ever felt unfairly judged before?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just failed my driving test today and felt unfairly judged by the tester. I'm planning to write in to make a complaint about my case. I'm enrolled in BBDC and my tester was LIM KENG LENG.

I cleared the circuit and it was pretty smooth, and I thought everything was going well until when the shittest thing actually happened to me. So, I was lining up behind 2 other cars waiting to drive out to the gate towards the road. If you guys are familiar with the BBDC road (before exiting the main road), you have to line up on the right side of the lane to turn out.

I noticed a parked car in the oncoming lane that is about 2 car length away from where I was (right lane on the opposite side). The BBDC instructor in the parked car put his arm out the window and waved his hand in the air and signaled for me to go, so I turned AND the tester immediately stepped on the brake. He said that the motorcyclist was coming and told me I caused the motorcyclist to stop, wobble, and put his foot down. He then went on to say that the motorist was inexperienced and unstable, if he didn't put his foot down he would have fallen, blah blah.

At the point where the car was stopped, we were only covering only an inch of the opposite lane, and I was FAR from causing an accident with the motorist ( who was on the left lane on the opposite side). IF he actually gave me time to step on the brake myself, I could have stopped and given way without causing obstruction.

I got 2 demerit points for "jerky braking" and 1 immediate failure for "failing to give way to traffic with right of way". But the thing is, the motorist stopped because, he saw the instructor waving his hand, then he saw me and he braked. His braking wasn't due to the reason that I did not give way to him, it was rather the instructor made him give way to me. And when this was happening, the tester's itchy leg had to step on the brake. We turned out into the main road and went back to BBDC immediately.

I was pretty upset and traumatized by this and I lost my confidence in driving. I thought I was doing well and I didn't expect that I would fail so tragically. Not sure if you guys ever felt unfairly judged before?
If you like this already cannot accept 'defeat', on the roads, you will be no more than a bully.

And you bother to register a new account just to come online 'complain' instead of thinking why the points were awarded because you are a learner? I'll say you were right to be failed.

He waved for you to go, and you go??? Seriously? So you are looking right, your wife/son tells you 'left clear' and you don't check left and you just go? You already failed the basic common sense there. Failure to give way to oncoming traffic. What else you want to argue? Does it matter how far and FAR FROM it? You think spiderman ah? Far from Home, Away from home? How about "Never coming home"?

You already failed when you failed to execute proper judgement and failed to give way to oncoming traffic!!

Think in another light. Your wife or your son is next to you, when you turned, and the vehicle hits your left, who suffers? Did you think about that before the tester failed you?

You deserved to fail. I'm with the tester.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

walau like that still want to complain. you also need to check whether the left lane on opposite side is clear or not before turning

just learn from this experience and do better next time lah

nowadays many people kena strict instructor or tester complain liao. like that how to learn and improve to become satki driver?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

You complain lor.

what you expect to get out of it? Validation?

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Regardless of what the motorcyclist did, you are a learner and safety is the over riding rule. Should have waited until the motorist stopped or cleared the way.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do take note that like others have pointed out the excess you need to pay in case of accident is crazy high one.

My wife recently got her license and we wanted to rent but saw the excess amount and decided it was too risky and cheaper to buy an old car.

Proved to be the wiser choice, I think i would had easily paid $20K in excess by now for scratched rim, scratched side, dented bottom and scratched side mirror from various brushes with kerbs and pillars 😓

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife recently got her license and we wanted to rent but saw the excess amount and decided it was too risky and cheaper to buy an old car.

Proved to be the wiser choice, I think i would had easily paid $20K in excess by now for scratched rim, scratched side, dented bottom and scratched side mirror from various brushes with kerbs and pillars 😓
wise choice... you have time there are forums of members come in seeking for advices due to high excess after they damaged cars they rented.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My academic papers... should have graded better. I planning to write into MOE for a review. lolz
Come on dude... hello hello... move on lah.

Kayakok

Reaction score
It was a controlled environment, on the road things will be faster and you will need to be much more aware of your situation

beomkomap

Reaction score
Please advise me how tester measures how much the car rolls back at the slope? More than 1m is Immediate failure. Tks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.