How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

• 1 time :o

Votes: 1,446 58.3%
  • 2 times :)

Votes: 577 23.3%
  • 3 times :(

Votes: 260 10.5%
  • 4 times :sad:

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • 6 or more times

Votes: 68 2.7%

• Total voters

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My slope is good now guys. But my last revision, I striked kerb in crank course. Any tips to share how to feel we are going to hit kerb to stop for corrections?

Until you hit the kerb, you shouldn't feel anything. :s13:
For crank and S-course, you need to visualize where the wheels are. While going through it, keep a mental picture of where the wheels should be and stop/correct when you can "see" that your wheels are about to hit. When I was learning, I remember taking time to observe the car from outside to see where they are relative to the driver seat.

beomkomap

Reaction score
Just wondering why would the school instructor not be able to give you tips.
They do give good tips but sometimes others give better tips. For example, slope, they always say biting point then blah blah. But I learnt one good tip from youtube is release to biting point is level 1, release a bit more to level 2 only then stop.
Or S course, they just say sighting points but I cant understand, one tip from others is look at the right side only and move close to right side then wont hit kerb.
Im a slow learner so I dont really adapt to all the technique taught by instructors.

IllllIIIl

Reaction score

Pause at 2:30
Hello, I really need help with directional change, may i know where is the sighting point based on this video ? and how do i count the kerb ? most people say 3.5 then full lock right. would really appreciate it. just wondering if everyones sighting point is the same (3.5) kerb despite the seat

Last edited:

beomkomap

Reaction score

Hello, I really need help with directional change, may i know where is the sighting point based on this video ? and how do i count the kerb ? most people say 3.5 then full lock right. would really appreciate it. just wondering if everyones sighting point is the same (3.5) kerb despite the seat

Hi. Im a lady and tend to sit very close to steering. 3.5 is for the typical guys who are taller than I am. You can do at 3.5 and full lock slowly or between 3.5-4. But to be honest, I just turn at 3.5 and if u see car is very close to right kerb, you straighten wheel and continue to reverse until you feel the car can slot in then you full lock right to straighten car.
Do take note that position car is closer to right is better to avoid striking left kerb. Same for V parking. This morning I saw a testee mounted kerb at V parking when turning left, mounting kerb is really shocking tho I heard his warm up was smooth.
Just pass my TP today at first try.

IllllIIIl

Reaction score
Hi. Im a lady and tend to sit very close to steering. 3.5 is for the typical guys who are taller than I am. You can do at 3.5 and full lock slowly or between 3.5-4. But to be honest, I just turn at 3.5 and if u see car is very close to right kerb, you straighten wheel and continue to reverse until you feel the car can slot in then you full lock right to straighten car.
Do take note that position car is closer to right is better to avoid striking left kerb. Same for V parking. This morning I saw a testee mounted kerb at V parking when turning left, mounting kerb is really shocking tho I heard his warm up was smooth.
ohh alright, tysm. 3.5 meaning black, white black, half white correct? third try here i come 🥲

IllllIIIl

Reaction score
can i ask, how much dp did you have?

IllllIIIl

Reaction score
sry if you dont mind could you reply to this " ohh alright, tysm. 3.5 meaning black, white black, half white correct?" would really appreciate it 🙏

beomkomap

Reaction score
sry if you dont mind could you reply to this " ohh alright, tysm. 3.5 meaning black, white black, half white correct?" would really appreciate it 🙏
White is counted as 1, black is counted as 1. So dont care about the color, 1 block is counted as 1.

IllllIIIl

Reaction score
White is counted as 1, black is counted as 1. So dont care about the color, 1 block is counted as 1.
im so sorry, i have 1 last question so do i start counting from the black block ? based on that video ? you full lock right when shoulder is aligned as well right

Last edited:

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Didn't watch that video but don't rely on sighting point IMO. Every time you park/direction change, the position is going to be a bit different because it's not realistic to expect to roll into the exact same position every time.

Use your side mirrors, turn them down so you can see the rear wheel and kerb. Reverse slowly and full lock, if you see the wheel moving too close to the kerb, straighten so the car moves further back before you full lock again to turn. Better to be closer to the right kerb than left because you can adjust more easily.

Lastly, if I remember correctly, the circuit's direction change actually is easy if you always go in properly centered and have that cone visible to the same point. Then basically you just reverse full lock and will go in swee swee liao. So if just want to pass test you just need to practise and figure out the exact position. But again, this doesn't help when you need to do this in real world situation.

IllllIIIl

Reaction score
Didn't watch that video but don't rely on sighting point IMO. Every time you park/direction change, the position is going to be a bit different because it's not realistic to expect to roll into the exact same position every time.

Use your side mirrors, turn them down so you can see the rear wheel and kerb. Reverse slowly and full lock, if you see the wheel moving too close to the kerb, straighten so the car moves further back before you full lock again to turn. Better to be closer to the right kerb than left because you can adjust more easily.

Lastly, if I remember correctly, the circuit's direction change actually is easy if you always go in properly centered and have that cone visible to the same point. Then basically you just reverse full lock and will go in swee swee liao. So if just want to pass test you just need to practise and figure out the exact position. But again, this doesn't help when you need to do this in real world situation.
hmm so basically doing like a 45 degree vertical parking

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.