How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

• 1 time :o

Votes: 1,446 58.3%
  • 2 times :)

Votes: 577 23.3%
  • 3 times :(

Votes: 260 10.5%
  • 4 times :sad:

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • 6 or more times

Votes: 68 2.7%

• Total voters

zeppelin

Reaction score
does anyone knows how many times tp tester can deduct us for turning steering whilst vehicle is stationary for parallel?
Decided to check this out after realising that previously i always strike kurb when turning the wheel back to straight in parking. Maybe i should try another method this time.

if you're perfect 1st time no points. You can forward reverse anytime but each time points is given. Bro one time strike kerb is 10 points. Mount kerb worst, immediate failure. Turn steering whilst vehicle is stationary than it's 2 points. If you reverse see your right side mirror on the floor, if you think you can strike kerb than stop, don't worry just forward your vehicle and redo, it's all thinking logically. Don't be stupid and still reverse it. Important don't strike or mount kerb. If you redo 1 time he may just give you 2 points and 2nd time maybe 4 points or he don't give you points at all.

Some tips. While driving in the circuit adjust both side mirrors below where you can see your back wheel properly. After going out of the circuit to the road than you can adjust back to the normal position. Failure to do this confirm you will mount or strike kerb in the circuit because there's no other way you can see the floor and your rear wheel in action. Logic thinking, if you reverse and you think you wanna hit kerb or your car cant get thru than go forward again. A lot of people thought they must do it 1 time at 1 go. If you can do it than fine but if you ganchong with your heart pounding you think you can do it?...........lol

3 points to note in SSDC during parallel parking. 1st point: Place your whole car in front near to the left kerb and see your left mirror and make sure you can see the back round kerb where you suppose to reverse. Reverse slowly while watching your left mirror. Target your front seat left door handle to the kerb point and quickly turn your steering fully left.
2nd point: once it's turning now look at your right mirror now and you will notice your car slowly clearing the back yellow colour kerb. Stop exactly or just about to see the black colour kerb and straightened your steering. Now you must target your back wheel. Move your car straight back till your back wheel touch the white line.
3rd point: Now turn your steering quickly to the right continue reverse while watching your side mirrors till the back wheel about to touch the yellow kerb. Now you move forward while turning your steering to the left and straighten your car. Reverse back a tad to make it in the middle and stop there. Finish.
Now the going out part where you actually can immediate failure. You turn right and your front left wheel mount curb...lol. Don't be stupid reverse fully while your car straight till just right at the back kerb but don't hit it. Than forward while turning the steering fully right. I can bet you wont hit kerb at all with just one go.

iammelvin

Reaction score
Thanks for the really detailed explanation in parking. That's what I have done for parking too. I feel more confident of passing now.. I hope.. Another thing. Safety is very impt too!

zeppelin

Reaction score
Thanks for the really detailed explanation in parking. That's what I have done for parking too. I feel more confident of passing now.. I hope.. Another thing. Safety is very impt too!

Obviously Safety is very important in all expect. Especially the blindspots. That's where your wayang comes in. He can't see your eyes looking at the mirror so you must wayang and turn your head. Remember to greet him. "Good afternoon sir, you had your makan already?" He may just answer or just a nod but at least you don't look arrogant and say sorry for every mistakes. You will never know he will pass you even if there is major mistakes as long as no immediate failure. =:p

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u are not alone :s13:

but i wont kancheong liao
juz that it wont 1 time go in swee swee
have to keep adjusting inside the lot

haha . i tend to get more kancheong especially if got car behind . especially if late night go Mustafa centre haha

andrewkang

Reaction score
if you're perfect 1st time no points. You can forward reverse anytime but each time points is given. Bro one time strike kerb is 10 points. Mount kerb worst, immediate failure. Turn steering whilst vehicle is stationary than it's 2 points. If you reverse see your right side mirror on the floor, if you think you can strike kerb than stop, don't worry just forward your vehicle and redo, it's all thinking logically. Don't be stupid and still reverse it. Important don't strike or mount kerb. If you redo 1 time he may just give you 2 points and 2nd time maybe 4 points or he don't give you points at all.

Some tips. While driving in the circuit adjust both side mirrors below where you can see your back wheel properly. After going out of the circuit to the road than you can adjust back to the normal position. Failure to do this confirm you will mount or strike kerb in the circuit because there's no other way you can see the floor and your rear wheel in action. Logic thinking, if you reverse and you think you wanna hit kerb or your car cant get thru than go forward again. A lot of people thought they must do it 1 time at 1 go. If you can do it than fine but if you ganchong with your heart pounding you think you can do it?...........lol

3 points to note in SSDC during parallel parking. 1st point: Place your whole car in front near to the left kerb and see your left mirror and make sure you can see the back round kerb where you suppose to reverse. Reverse slowly while watching your left mirror. Target your front seat left door handle to the kerb point and quickly turn your steering fully left.
2nd point: once it's turning now look at your right mirror now and you will notice your car slowly clearing the back yellow colour kerb. Stop exactly or just about to see the black colour kerb and straightened your steering. Now you must target your back wheel. Move your car straight back till your back wheel touch the white line.
3rd point: Now turn your steering quickly to the right continue reverse while watching your side mirrors till the back wheel about to touch the yellow kerb. Now you move forward while turning your steering to the left and straighten your car. Reverse back a tad to make it in the middle and stop there. Finish.
Now the going out part where you actually can immediate failure. You turn right and your front left wheel mount curb...lol. Don't be stupid reverse fully while your car straight till just right at the back kerb but don't hit it. Than forward while turning the steering fully right. I can bet you wont hit kerb at all with just one go.

actually while moving out of the parallel parking slot u have to ponder: 1) getting 2 demerit pts for turning steering wheel while vehicle stationery or 2) getting 10 demerit points for striking kerb...many instructors will advise u to take the first option because it is better to get 2 pts than 10 pts...

Now coming to real life action, i think circuit front and back kerb in parallel parking is not so intimidating as when u slot yr car in between front and back car in outside parallel parking situation..while u can see the rear wheel and gauge the distance clearly from the back kerb using your side mirror in circuit, in real life action, from your side mirror, you cant see exactly clearly whether your rear end will hit the back car bumper when u reverse in..moreover, there are no white line or no back yellow kerb for you to gauge..if u reverse in too late, your car may hit the front car..if u reverse in too late, your angle will be out for u to straighten in the slot and u also have to worry abt hitting the back car...side mirror doesnt help because the view is that it seems like your car boot is hitting the back car, but in reality there is still a gap to adjust...tough..

andrewkang

Reaction score
Obviously Safety is very important in all expect. Especially the blindspots. That's where your wayang comes in. He can't see your eyes looking at the mirror so you must wayang and turn your head. Remember to greet him. "Good afternoon sir, you had your makan already?" He may just answer or just a nod but at least you don't look arrogant and say sorry for every mistakes. You will never know he will pass you even if there is major mistakes as long as no immediate failure. =:p

to make the tester happy, beside the wayanging, open your car radio...i did it and the tester is singing in my car...one time my car is in the yellow box, he never penalize me for that..he too engrossed in the music..haha

:s22:

andrewkang

Reaction score
haha . i tend to get more kancheong especially if got car behind . especially if late night go Mustafa centre haha

same here..no vertical parking in mustafa centre..i see even 10 ft lorry parked in between two cars in parallel parking...tough...vertical parking so much easier in real life situation compared to parallel parking...you can perfect your parallel parking skills in a circuit by practicing over and over but when it comes to outside parallel parking, different ball game..there are a few parallel parking slots in geylang lor 23 just beside a longkang..you reverse in too much your car may end up in a longkang..haha:s13:

iammelvin

Reaction score
to make the tester happy, beside the wayanging, open your car radio...i did it and the tester is singing in my car...one time my car is in the yellow box, he never penalize me for that..he too engrossed in the music..haha

:s22:
Haha. That one is worth a try maybe!
Anw from what you all have advise. I will go for the two points. Then - 14.
When my car is reaching the kerb, I will just use stationary to turn back the wheels straight. And continue on.
Wish me luck! It's next wed, ssdc!

andrewkang

Reaction score
Haha. That one is worth a try maybe!
Anw from what you all have advise. I will go for the two points. Then - 14.
When my car is reaching the kerb, I will just use stationary to turn back the wheels straight. And continue on.
Wish me luck! It's next wed, ssdc!

all right, all the best for you and god bless you.
fyi is -12, not -14. 2 pts for turning steering wheel while stationery and 10 pts for striking kerb

Is this your first TP? i took my 2nd TP in cdc on a 8.25am peak hr time slot.

Some tips..when u are doing directional change, vertical parking or parallel parking, remember to check your blind spot, rear and side mirror at 3 instances: before u reverse in, half way reversing in to the slot(outside the slot) and reversing halfway inside the slot... plus your left signal...once u are in the slot, can shift back from reverse to 1st gear.

Also another thing..it is ok to leave your side mirror down all the way in the circuit but remember to adjust back once u exit the circuit. be prepared for e-brake situation and also remember to adjust your side mirror when you start your engine (start of TP).

Wish you all the best once again...!@:s22:

iammelvin

Reaction score
all right, all the best for you and god bless you.
fyi is -12, not -14. 2 pts for turning steering wheel while stationery and 10 pts for striking kerb

Is this your first TP? i took my 2nd TP in cdc on a 8.25am peak hr time slot.

Some tips..when u are doing directional change, vertical parking or parallel parking, remember to check your blind spot, rear and side mirror at 3 instances: before u reverse in, half way reversing in to the slot(outside the slot) and reversing halfway inside the slot... plus your left signal...once u are in the slot, can shift back from reverse to 1st gear.

Also another thing..it is ok to leave your side mirror down all the way in the circuit but remember to adjust back once u exit the circuit. be prepared for e-brake situation and also remember to adjust your side mirror when you start your engine (start of TP).

Wish you all the best once again...!@:s22:
Yup.. Hmm.. Assuming I hit the kerb. It's gonna be 14 the tester said when you strike kerb means fail to confirm safety, so just a point to take note.
Anw my instructor is using a axioo. When I consult my friends, they said it's okay to leave your steering at full right. Change to first gear and go full left to adjust the car straight. Not sure if have enough time anot. Of course I will go dam slow when going full left.
P's this is my third time alr! God bless!

tyjtht

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup.. Hmm.. Assuming I hit the kerb. It's gonna be 14 the tester said when you strike kerb means fail to confirm safety, so just a point to take note.
Anw my instructor is using a axioo. When I consult my friends, they said it's okay to leave your steering at full right. Change to first gear and go full left to adjust the car straight. Not sure if have enough time anot. Of course I will go dam slow when going full left.

Not sure if i midunderstood your post,but when your car is going to reverse towards the kerb,u need to make the car straight le(i.e turn left 2 times,don leave it to the right),same theory as vertical parking.then forward to the left and and make it straight again.

Last edited:

iammelvin

Reaction score
Not sure if i midunderstood your post,but when your car is going to reverse towards the kerb,u need to make the car straight le(i.e turn left 2 times,don leave it to the right),same theory as vertical parking.then forward to the left and and make it straight again.

Yup. That's what I usually do. But when I go back to straight. Turn left 2times that's where I hit. So I'm wondering if I will be able to leave it at full right. Change to first gear then full left and adjust car straight

zeppelin

Reaction score
Don't be surprise.. if the tester want you to pass you, he may not give points at all for turning steering wheel while stationery. That's my experienced at least.
Some tester are frens outside with your instructor. The tester can identify who is his fren is on the paper and if you're in luck you can pass....:p

Oh another thing, problem to search for car rental that can accept p platers and they are very rare to find.

Last edited:

andrewkang

Reaction score
Don't be surprise.. if the tester want you to pass you, he may not give points at all for turning steering wheel while stationery. That's my experienced at least.
Some tester are frens outside with your instructor. The tester can identify who is his fren is on the paper and if you're in luck you can pass....:p

Oh another thing, problem to search for car rental that can accept p platers and they are very rare to find.

oh u mean u dont get demerit pts for turning steering wheel while stationery during your tp test?

not true on your 2nd point...there is one car rental shop at vhotel...which is just beside lavender mrt..once i pass my tp test..the next day i went there to rent a manual car for one day..$75 rental per day..got to pump back the petrol to the level when you first rent the car..upon returning the car..:s22:

andrewkang

Reaction score
Yup. That's what I usually do. But when I go back to straight. Turn left 2times that's where I hit. So I'm wondering if I will be able to leave it at full right. Change to first gear then full left and adjust car straight

when is your tp test? and once u pass your tp test,do u have a family car to drive or u plan to rent car?:s13:

andrewkang

Reaction score

I see..i believe you can do it..must have plenty of practice in the circuit..but seriously parallel parking outside is tougher because you are parking to avoid hitting parked cars...and also got to straighten your car..compared to circuit when the kerbs are not so intimidating than hitting front n back car...;)

iammelvin

Reaction score
Thanks all! Mine is on this wed ssdc! afternoon timing! After today's practice im more confident alr.

For parallel. U can keep steering wheel at full right when nearing kerb, then change to first gear and lock full left. Enough space huan.
Instructor taught me. If scare hit, can change to neutral hand break up. And open door ~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.