HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How many of you will buckle up seat belt when you sit rear seat

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

Let’s watch a crash clip.

Observe how an unbuckled rear seat passenger gets wedged, lunges forward, and hits the front passenger. All Newton’s three laws of motions come into play during a crash. This is at 40km/h only.
Buckle up. Be safe, not sorry.

Crash Test - belted vs unbelted passengers
Darcy–Weisbach likes this.
edwinttt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #32

wow these are so good material, thank you for sharing with me

The law says that, unless exempted from wearing seatbelts, under rules 4 and 5 of the Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Wearing of Seat Belts) Rules 2011:

Driver and passengers to wear seat belts
4.—(1) Except as provided by rule 6, the driver and every passenger of a motor vehicle to which these Rules apply shall wear a body-restraining seat belt or a lap belt where such a seat belt or lap belt is available for his use.

Driver to ensure passengers comply with rule 4
5. Subject to rule 6, the driver of a motor vehicle to which these Rules apply shall ensure that every passenger on that motor vehicle complies with rule 4.

The proscribed penalties when charged in court for contravening rule 4(1) or 5 is a fine not exceeding $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months and, in the case of a second or subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months.

The law also says that under Rule 35 of the Road Traffic (Driver Improvement Points System) Rules, a driver who fails to ensure that every passenger wears a seat belt is liable to 3 demerit points. This also comes with a fine of $150, up from previous $120.

So, the rear passenger who gets caught for unbuckled seatbelt not only inconveniences himself but the driver as well.

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/RTA1961-S6...20200113193026
https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/RTA1961-R2...rovIds=Sc-#Sc-
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...s-apr-11275482
Darcy–Weisbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 11:18 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

wow these are so good material, thank you for sharing with me
You can now tell to relatives.
Old 22-05-2020, 04:35 PM   #34
High Supremacy Member

Always belt up, although my friends make fun of me, I don't understand their logic. They always say won't kenna accident, but you never know. And if kenna police check then passenger and driver kenna.

My safety > what people think.
Mogan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #35

I do. touch wood to everyone who read it but usually the worst happens when you least expect it.
amazingneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 05:01 PM   #36
Supremacy Member

Question for thought:

Under Rule 35 of the Road Traffic (Driver Improvement Points System) Rules, a driver who “fails to ensure that every passenger wears a seat belt is liable to 3 demerit points and a fine of $150.”

If three adult rear seat passengers are caught unbuckled, how many demerit points and fine will the driver get?
Old 23-05-2020, 04:46 AM   #37

Rear passengers don buckle also will b fined. If pax has licence, they share same penalty s drver. I did hitch n oh boy, 9/10 who choose rear don wear until i prompt. 1/50 will argue bk n so do i. Nt happy get out.

There is 1 extreme case board my car don wear. Prompt 2x nt happy request to drop off at bus stop. Lucky only 2min into journey. I m ok. Nt happy jus get out.

I believe drver kena 1x fine if 1 or more pax don wear seatbelts.
myviowner likes this.
sporeknight76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #38
Master Member

Rear passengers don buckle also will b fined. If pax has licence, they share same penalty s drver. I did hitch n oh boy, 9/10 who choose rear don wear until i prompt. 1/50 will argue bk n so do i. Nt happy get out.

There is 1 extreme case board my car don wear. Prompt 2x nt happy request to drop off at bus stop. Lucky only 2min into journey. I m ok. Nt happy jus get out.

I believe drver kena 1x fine if 1 or more pax don wear seatbelts.
Agreed.
Side track abit. Coming to bb seats/ seat booster thingy, also same same.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #39

Sometimes really don understand some riders or pax. Unless u tourists then is forgivable , mayb don understand local laws.

Those who sit in cars, pls hav yr seat belts on. Simple s tat, don get innocent drvers into trouble rite? Gt caught by TP r u gg to tell them honestly u don wan buckle up, nthing to do w drivers? Encounter few excuses when those hitchers take my ride -
1) i tot only front nd to buckle
2) Taxi no nd wat.
3) most ridiculous one - I singaporean lei. 🤭 I rebutted him bk : So singaporean no nd to buckle up?

Wa lao. If really don wan put seat belt go buy yr own car la, no nd say don put seat belt, naked driving also up to u...
sporeknight76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.