HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to be more defensive when driving

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2017, 11:54 PM   #91
Master Member

Especially to check for motorcyclists, many change lane but never see me beside them

When on lane 1 and I see a hell-rider coming up, I'll move more to the right to make space for him, at the same time observing the car at lane 2. I'm paranoid that that car would lane-change, hit the hell-rider, and deflect it to my car.
lapisgrater likes this.
edwinttt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #92

Drive car/ lorry/ van also wrong, ride motorcycle also wrong, i think the 0% policy best leh. Saves us much trouble from defensive driving when there’s lesser cars on the road. And then instead of blaming car/lorry/van/motorcycle, now everyone can unite and blame the gahmen for creating trains that breakdown all the time
Old 15-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #93

Found out that 25% of motor incidents actually involve teens! Here are some defensive driving tips for new drivers, hope it helps any of you guys!
1. NEVER use your phone while driving (Even a GPS could be risky)
2. Pay attention to ALL traffic lights
3. NEVER drive too closely behind another vehicle
4. Learn to drive in all wet conditions
5. Give others the right of way
And never even glance at your phone when there’s a notification
randyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #94

Omg...grab become uber....didnt show destination n fares in today morning...anyone get it like me
Lovelim26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #95
Supremacy Member

for me

1.put on hazard light if aim a lot to park and there's car behind

2. dont drive side by side on express way along a bus, lorry or big vehicle. in fact, keep left and right empty the best cos dunno if bend they will eat your lot or not.

3. when turn right in junction, dont assume opp vehicle are turning left even if they signal. sometimes they want to go straight and forget to turn off signal. yes u get horn so what?

4. some mscp very confusing and is one way, when move up to upper storey, look for the direction first before turning.
LocalGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.