HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hybrid batteries

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #16

Anyone know what is the expected life expectancy for Honda hybrid battery?
lemonchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #17
Master Member

Anyone know what is the expected life expectancy for Honda hybrid battery?
Rated at 200 thousand km if not wrong.
BlitzStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #18
Master Member

Hi, by any chance you know the price to change prius hybrid battery at 3rd party workshop?
Call up them to check. Individual cell like couple of hundreds if i rem correctly.

https://www.hevshop.com/
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #19

I believe hybrid battery prices should drop as hybrids become more mass market in the next few years.
andyhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Rated at 200 thousand km if not wrong.
Less than that. It depend on travel mode. Do take note Honda design is mild hybrid system vs Toyota design.

So far I think most user need to replace battery around 3.5 year. Ie in 10 years life span, you may need 2 replacement.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

Call up them to check. Individual cell like couple of hundreds if i rem correctly.

https://www.hevshop.com/
Don't take the trouble to replace individual cells unless your battery bank is reasonable new.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #22

Less than that. It depend on travel mode. Do take note Honda design is mild hybrid system vs Toyota design.

So far I think most user need to replace battery around 3.5 year. Ie in 10 years life span, you may need 2 replacement.
Honda should be full hybrids now. Most likely there is one battery change within the 10 years ownership in year 5-6 to retain a good battery charge and fuel efficiency.

Currently to change one set is about $6k+ but I think it should fall to about $4k+ when more workshops learn how to handle hybrids in a few years' time.
andyhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:22 AM   #23
Master Member

In a few vezel hybrid group chat, with some of the drivers using the car for uber/grab and having the car for 4 years with 5 digits mileage, all still good though.
BlitzStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.