HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Invitation to Collect VEP RFID TAG

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #1

Invitation to Collect VEP RFID TAG

Anyone received the following email from MY Transport Department?

Must go and collect?

Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 4:00:30 PM
To:
Subject: VEP RFID Tag Collection Invitation

Dear,

Thank you for registering your Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) online account.

We would like you to present yourself at the VEP Tag Collection Centre in Malaysia to collect your VEP RFID Tag.

You can collect your VEP RFID Tag at any of these four (4) VEP Tag Collection Centres:

1) Lima Kedai Toll Plaza
2) Pandan RnR
3) Gelang Patah Southbound RnR
4) Plaza Angsana Open Carpark C

To select your choice of collection centre, you have to book an appointment date and time for collection in the Tag Appointment menu by clicking this link:

https://vep.jpj.gov.my/#/tag-appoint...QxlbBM4aWrymHo

Please note that all appointments must be made via the Tag Appointment menu in VEP Portal and we will not entertain any walk-ins during the tag collection.

Reminder:
You must come to the VEP Tag Collection Centre with your registered vehicle to collect the VEP RFID Tag.

If you have any questions about this matter, please contact +607 5950 669 or email to aduanvep@jpj.gov.my.

--
Road Transport Department,
Ministry of Transport, Malaysia
www.jpj.gov.my

This is an automated email. Please do not reply to this email.
KERAHSIAAN MAKLUMAT KERAJAAN TANGGUNGJAWAB BERSAMA

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") are intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law including the Official Secrets Act 1972. You are hereby notified that the taking of any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, retention, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message immediately and notify the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official work of the Road Transport Department of Malaysia shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the Road Transport Department of Malaysia.

Anyone collected?
Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #2

Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Road Charge (RC)

Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) is a permit issued by the Road Transport Department (under Section 66H of the Road Transport Act 1987) that allows the entry of foreign vehicles into Malaysia. Owners or representatives duly appointed by the owners of ALL foreign registered vehicles entering Peninsular Malaysia are required to register online for VEP through this portal. VEP registered vehicles will be issued non-transferrable RFID tags that uniquely identify each vehicle.

Road charge (RC) is a fee imposed on all foreign registered private vehicles (excluding motorcycles) when entering Malaysia. The fee of RM20.00 will be charged each time these vehicles enter the country.

so troublesome? must register, get the permit than can go in to Johor?
HondaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #3

Anyone received the following email from MY Transport Department?

Must go and collect?

Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 4:00:30 PM
To:
Subject: VEP RFID Tag Collection Invitation

Dear,

Thank you for registering your Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) online account.

We would like you to present yourself at the VEP Tag Collection Centre in Malaysia to collect your VEP RFID Tag.

You can collect your VEP RFID Tag at any of these four (4) VEP Tag Collection Centres:

1) Lima Kedai Toll Plaza
2) Pandan RnR
3) Gelang Patah Southbound RnR
4) Plaza Angsana Open Carpark C

To select your choice of collection centre, you have to book an appointment date and time for collection in the Tag Appointment menu by clicking this link:

Please note that all appointments must be made via the Tag Appointment menu in VEP Portal and we will not entertain any walk-ins during the tag collection.

Reminder:
You must come to the VEP Tag Collection Centre with your registered vehicle to collect the VEP RFID Tag.

If you have any questions about this matter, please contact +607 5950 669 or email to
--
Road Transport Department,
Ministry of Transport, Malaysia

This is an automated email. Please do not reply to this email.
KERAHSIAAN MAKLUMAT KERAJAAN TANGGUNGJAWAB BERSAMA

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") are intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law including the Official Secrets Act 1972. You are hereby notified that the taking of any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, retention, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message immediately and notify the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official work of the Road Transport Department of Malaysia shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the Road Transport Department of Malaysia.

Anyone collected?
I received this email and collected mine at Plaza Angsana open carpark a few weeks ago. The officer will find a good location on your windscreen to stick the VEP sticker. Do make sure you prepared all the required copies of documents before driving in.

This VEP sticker can also be used for toll payment in Klang Valley using the RFID lane...which i find quite convenient because i travel to KL once a month. If you hardly travel to malaysia, this sticker isn't that useful.

hope the info above is useful to you.
tmtmy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
Master Member

I received this email and collected mine at Plaza Angsana open carpark a few weeks ago. The officer will find a good location on your windscreen to stick the VEP sticker. Do make sure you prepared all the required copies of documents before driving in.

This VEP sticker can also be used for toll payment in Klang Valley using the RFID lane...which i find quite convenient because i travel to KL once a month. If you hardly travel to malaysia, this sticker isn't that useful.

Registered my ride when they started this VEP thingy... Till now no sound no picture no emails. lolz
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #5

Registered my ride when they started this VEP thingy... Till now no sound no picture no emails. lolz
must register, get approve then can go in?
if doh have VEP sitcker how? they ask you to turn back?
Old 03-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #6

Thanks man. So pasting the sticker is not compulsory? I travel in for R&R once a month but only in the JB area.
sCuzzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
Master Member

must register, get approve then can go in?
if doh have VEP sitcker how? they ask you to turn back?
I think many sg car no register also go in... I did ask them via email, they just replied with just continue with your trip... I kept the email, in case they wana find excuse for kopi $$ at the custom...
Old 03-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #8

I registered but no rfid tag so far. I still go in quite abit, until this email came along.
sCuzzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #9

I think many sg car no register also go in... I did ask them via email, they just replied with just continue with your trip... I kept the email, in case they wana find excuse for kopi $$ at the custom...
want kopi $$ you also LPPL (got letter or no letter).. still give right?
Old 03-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #10
Master Member

want kopi $$ you also LPPL (got letter or no letter).. still give right?
I will U TURN back sg lor.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #11

I will U TURN back sg lor.
can U Turn meh? the sliver box is opened liao.. you must put something inside before proceed or U turn loh..
Old 03-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #12
Master Member

can U Turn meh? the sliver box is opened liao.. you must put something inside before proceed or U turn loh..
Old 03-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

So kiasu.
Reg for what.
Lol

In the end high chance cancel this tag thing

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT
zzt231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #14
High Supremacy Member

I registered recently and got email. But nv go collect
Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

They should set up a booth in sg or offer courier
Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.