www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Cars & Cars (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/)
-   -   Looking for Recommendation - Civic, Mazda 6, Camry, Type R (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/looking-recommendation-civic-mazda-6-camry-type-r-5999225.html)

Kotorin 24-02-2019 11:38 PM

Looking for Recommendation - Civic, Mazda 6, Camry, Type R
 
I'm a first-timer buyer so I'm a total novice. I'd like to seek some advice from fellow forumers.

I'm looking at the following models:

1. Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo ($117,999):
My favorite exterior design among all and it was love at first sight. I've never been a fan of Civic look until this model came out.

2. Civic Type R ($184,999):
Similar as the normal but with wilder look and, of course, horsepower. If I own this, will definitely do some track days at Sepang.

3. Mazda 6 2.5 Premium ($144,800, Promo Price $129,800, promo interest: 1.88%):
I'm no big fan of the design but wife likes it. I've heard good words about it on international forums but the user ratings on sgcarmart seems very low (maybe due to small sample size). The current promotion looks incredible and according to the sales person, it will end after Feb.

4. Camry 2.0 ($143,900): Least favorite exterior for both my wife and me. But as far as I know, a Toyota should be a safe buy so I put one model here.

I think we can afford all these options although the Type R will eat into our savings a bit more. And I'm 29 yo with 1.5 yrs license age. We don't have kids or parents to drive around with.

My wife values these aspects in decreasing order of importance, it would be great if you could comment on these axes.
1. Ease of selling as in how fast we can sell it at a good price point (we will probably sell it after 5/6 years)
2. Depreciation as a percentage of the selling price.
3. Exterior look and feel
4. Durability
4. Comfortability
5. Long-term costs - maintenance, insurance, fuel efficiency

My current preference purely based on exterior design is:
1. Mazda 6 (wife factor, and the promotion looks really attractive)
2. Civic Type R (this can be 1st if resellability is as good as Mazda 6)
3. Civic
4. Camry

Thank you in advance!

IcYFl4mEz 24-02-2019 11:45 PM

Type R maintenance cost is certainly the most ex here, if you are willing to spend on it and can give up abit on comfortability, i think its the best here. durability of cos, "racing parts" dont really last as long as stock parts(get type R liao sure mod beast.)

liquidh 24-02-2019 11:57 PM

Camry
Civic 1.5
Mz6
Civic R

tankgunner 24-02-2019 11:59 PM

I will take the type R.
A must have for petrol head.

Fattyboiboi 25-02-2019 12:42 AM

You should go for test drive too. Don't just depend on looks.

I also quite like the civic 1.5T but nv test drive one before. How's the feel of this car with that turbo and cvt gearbox?

Kotorin 25-02-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattyboiboi (Post 119370463)
You should go for test drive too. Don't just depend on looks.

I also quite like the civic 1.5T but nv test drive one before. How's the feel of this car with that turbo and cvt gearbox?

Thanks for the advice. I do plan to bring my wife to test drives. However I don't know what to look for during test drives.

According to my previous experience driving rental cars, the only difference I could feel was the horsepower. The ones I've driven are Toyota Prius, Corolla, Hyundai Avante, Chevrolet Cruze and Kia Sorento

MinorSage 25-02-2019 01:32 AM

New Type R Or MZ6 2.5.

The 19 inch rims on the MZ6 is quite nice.

mel1888 25-02-2019 07:56 AM

Interesting choices. Camry are u referrin to FL model?

Kia7200 25-02-2019 07:59 AM

Civic
Mazda
Type R
Camry

For ur age, u should get a sportier car.
Test drive n see the interior

vironix 25-02-2019 09:00 AM

29yr old. 1.5yr driving exp. If u OK w the type R insurance cost then get it!!!? CTR my dream car too!

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

winningeleven 25-02-2019 10:10 AM

Go for civic type R.car such as Camry and mazda 6 would just make u look 10 years older.

elf108 25-02-2019 10:35 AM

The list of cars so much variety.
Anyway the golden qn is Tyre R is manual gear. Wife OK bo ?

zzt231 25-02-2019 10:52 AM

Mazda 6 n Camry same class .
Civic 1.5 lower end.
Ctr sport car.

All so diff.

Ctr can't test drive .
1.5 year experience, insurance v expensive.
All previous gen ctr , no comfort, v hard spring.
This gen should be the same also.
No chance to sit in 1 yet.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT

tankgunner 25-02-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf108 (Post 119374459)
The list of cars so much variety.
Anyway the golden qn is Tyre R is manual gear. Wife OK bo ?

Golf R should do the job

cscs3 25-02-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotorin (Post 119369375)
I'm a first-timer buyer so I'm a total novice. I'd like to seek some advice from fellow forumers.

I'm looking at the following models:

1. Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo ($117,999):
My favorite exterior design among all and it was love at first sight. I've never been a fan of Civic look until this model came out.

2. Civic Type R ($184,999):
Similar as the normal but with wilder look and, of course, horsepower. If I own this, will definitely do some track days at Sepang.

3. Mazda 6 2.5 Premium ($144,800, Promo Price $129,800, promo interest: 1.88%):
I'm no big fan of the design but wife likes it. I've heard good words about it on international forums but the user ratings on sgcarmart seems very low (maybe due to small sample size). The current promotion looks incredible and according to the sales person, it will end after Feb.

4. Camry 2.0 ($143,900): Least favorite exterior for both my wife and me. But as far as I know, a Toyota should be a safe buy so I put one model here.

I think we can afford all these options although the Type R will eat into our savings a bit more. And I'm 29 yo with 1.5 yrs license age. We don't have kids or parents to drive around with.

My wife values these aspects in decreasing order of importance, it would be great if you could comment on these axes.
1. Ease of selling as in how fast we can sell it at a good price point (we will probably sell it after 5/6 years)
2. Depreciation as a percentage of the selling price.
3. Exterior look and feel
4. Durability
4. Comfortability
5. Long-term costs - maintenance, insurance, fuel efficiency

My current preference purely based on exterior design is:
1. Mazda 6 (wife factor, and the promotion looks really attractive)
2. Civic Type R (this can be 1st if resellability is as good as Mazda 6)
3. Civic
4. Camry

Thank you in advance!

Mazda and Camry is different class although they are same cat B COE. I would pick Mazda or Camry if compare to Civic.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.