Mazda drivers come in here!

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At 26K mileage on my PS4 now, I come from a Vios, with V12, it's noisy in the wee hours, had the fun of driving it at 5am during reservist, noisy is the right word to use. Compared to Hankook RS2 which simulates an airplane engine taking off... V12 and PS4 is really nothing.

Insulation wise, I've no comments, my Vios is bread and butter, no frills, really pt-A to pt-B type, so noise is norm, switching over to Mz3, I already find my Mz3 very good already to many factors compared to my Vios.

My layleo is tuned at 20 on both my rides, so I don't really get bothered by the tyre/road noise. Lousy road surface also causes noise.

Evilyammie

Reaction score
At 26K mileage on my PS4 now, I come from a Vios, with V12, it's noisy in the wee hours, had the fun of driving it at 5am during reservist, noisy is the right word to use. Compared to Hankook RS2 which simulates an airplane engine taking off... V12 and PS4 is really nothing.

Insulation wise, I've no comments, my Vios is bread and butter, no frills, really pt-A to pt-B type, so noise is norm, switching over to Mz3, I already find my Mz3 very good already to many factors compared to my Vios.

My layleo is tuned at 20 on both my rides, so I don't really get bothered by the tyre/road noise. Lousy road surface also causes noise.

Ya its only noisy on the old road surfaces. Those newly paved roads... quiet.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya its only noisy on the old road surfaces. Those newly paved roads... quiet.
Then login to oneservice, lodge a complain on the said stretch of road.

I did that before on the road outside my office cp, citing patchy and bumpy, 2 days later, resurfaced :D

datsthebax

Reaction score
Nothing to do abit bored here.....
Just wondering......if Mazda will bring in the new cx8 to singapore?

I think they should as since its a 7 seater, it is smaller than the cx9 and should also have better fc?

Reaction score
Hi , just gotten my new mazda 3 .. can check , today I sudden saw the I stop Iight light up in green and I off it n it turn orange then the word just stay at the dashboard . It won’t disappeared? Another thing , before I go for my 1km servicing , isit we cannot drive faster then 100km/h ? Thanks

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing to do abit bored here.....
Just wondering......if Mazda will bring in the new cx8 to singapore?

I think they should as since its a 7 seater, it is smaller than the cx9 and should also have better fc?
They have the Mazda8, so not sure they will bring in so many variants of CX.

Hi , just gotten my new mazda 3 .. can check , today I sudden saw the I stop Iight light up in green and I off it n it turn orange then the word just stay at the dashboard . It won’t disappeared? Another thing , before I go for my 1km servicing , isit we cannot drive faster then 100km/h ? Thanks
The iStop is a safety & required feature by the manufacturer, green = ready, orange = off, no light = not ready. You can check your manual.

Nowadays engines have improved, gone are the days of crap theories maintaining <3K RPM and not exceeding 100km/h and changing oil at 1K. These days 10K then change oil. There's only normal servicing checks at 1K and 5K.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi , just gotten my new mazda 3 .. can check , today I sudden saw the I stop Iight light up in green and I off it n it turn orange then the word just stay at the dashboard . It won’t disappeared?

Yes it will not disappear.

Another thing , before I go for my 1km servicing , isit we cannot drive faster then 100km/h ? Thanks
Yours is new or pre-owned?
Usually new ride will maybe do a 'run-in' or 'break-in' period?
Link:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break-in_(mechanical_run-in)
But much suggested it is no longer needed.

But just keep it slow 1st will be good.

Last edited:

datsthebax

Reaction score
Mazda 8 no more alr
Stopped production
Now all suv in trend alr

The iStop is a safety & required feature by the manufacturer, green = ready, orange = off, no light = not ready. You can check your manual.

Nowadays engines have improved, gone are the days of crap theories maintaining <3K RPM and not exceeding 100km/h and changing oil at 1K. These days 10K then change oil. There's only normal servicing checks at 1K and 5K.

Reaction score

Thanks I did read the manual that amber means off but I forget will it disappear . Thks

Reaction score
Yes it will not disappear.

Yours is new or pre-owned?
Usually new ride will maybe do a 'run-in' or 'break-in' period?
Link:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break-in_(mechanical_run-in)
But much suggested it is no longer needed.

But just keep it slow 1st will be good.

Thanks bro .. I kept on looking at the light thinking y it din disappear .
You also driving mazda 3 ?

Hmmm I think is counted new but paper we are 2nd owner . Mileage is 56km when we took over , car reg is May 2018 and fully under warranty by mazda for 3 years ..

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hmmm I think is counted new but paper we are 2nd owner . Mileage is 56km when we took over , car reg is May 2018 and fully under warranty by mazda for 3 years ..
Sorry i am not driving a mazda 3 thou.

And given it not a new ride, dont need to be concern with any run-in/break-in at all.

Drive safely.

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

High milleage....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.