Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

human1969

Reaction score
Hello,

Understand quite a few Bros here using it.

Can help to advise for the Leather Cleaner or Cleaner+Conditioner,
Is it also safe to use on leather seat with Red threading on the edge.
(Afraid it will turn the colorful Red thread into dull Red) :D

If you use it on the Steering Wheel leather wrap,
will it turn oily or slippery and interfere with normal operation ?

Can it also be use on the typical Jap make dashboard ?

Thanks !

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been using it since my first ride in 2008.

I use the spray type - conditioner, not the liquid paste kind, liquid paste is thick and I find it very hard to apply, I still got 1 bottle I bought long ago... I went back to the spray type.

My Vios is the one with red threading (sports model) and it's been good for the past 8 yrs 3 months, cleaning/wiping it every 2 weeks to make it shine. I also use it on my wallet/card holders that are leather (mont blanc etc). It shines and protect.

As long as it's leather trim, I use it, yes, even on the gear knob/handbrake and steering. I've since changed to Mazda3 and I continue the same routine, every 2 weeks condition the steering/gear/brake/seats/headrests etc.

Just don't over excessively apply and let dry, make sure you wipe it such that it 'eats' into the leather and no excess should be remaining resulting in slippery feel or grip. It's dangerous also if there's excess on the wheel.

As for dashboard/vinyl trims, you can use the ultimate shine protectant, it's another meguair's brand, I use it on my door/dashboard/exterior vinyl trims (fog lights, grill, door exterior, bumper trims).

HTH.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried 303 protectant? i know of someone who has been using it for many years cos its effective n lasting.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No matter how lasting, anything that comes into contact with other stuff, sooner later will 'rub' off. As long as the end result is pleasing, that's what I want.

My chairs shine dark and glow when application is done, after a while it'll just get dull, but the feel after sitting on it, can tell.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use meguiars for everything.

Their ultimate or supreme leather shine is one of the best, won't be oily and slippery after application.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

human1969

Reaction score
Thanks guys !

Think will get the squeeze bottle type.
So far only see the Clean+Condition available locally in squeeze bottle.
"Condition-only" only available in Spray type.

Is there a big diff btw the Clean+Condition vs Condition-only ?

For the Spray type, wouldnt it be hard to control the target area ?
Scare it will 'fly' all over the interior wor.

Generally will prefer the "all-in-1" type.
Already too many bottles.... Wash; Wax; Tire Shine; Leather.
Think will also try it out on a small area on the Dashboard.
4 diff bottles is my Max liao :D

human1969

Reaction score
Hi EJB Bro,

Since you apply every 2 weeks,
When you sold your 8yo car,
is your leather "like-new' without any cracking or look worn-out ?

Also, you park indoor or outdoor ?

Rgds

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys !

Think will get the squeeze bottle type.
So far only see the Clean+Condition available locally in squeeze bottle.
"Condition-only" only available in Spray type.

Is there a big diff btw the Clean+Condition vs Condition-only ?

For the Spray type, wouldnt it be hard to control the target area ?
Scare it will 'fly' all over the interior wor.

Generally will prefer the "all-in-1" type.
Already too many bottles.... Wash; Wax; Tire Shine; Leather.
Think will also try it out on a small area on the Dashboard.
4 diff bottles is my Max liao :D
Let's see...

Meguair's Detailer
Meguair's Tyre Shine
Meguair's Quik Wax
Meguair's Carnuba Wax
Meguair's Leather Conditioner
Meguair's Shine Protectant

That's excluding some of the other stuff I have in the boot :s13: 1 bottle fits all... don't have.

Hi EJB Bro,

Since you apply every 2 weeks,
When you sold your 8yo car,
is your leather "like-new' without any cracking or look worn-out ?

Also, you park indoor or outdoor ?

Rgds
Yes, my driver seat has some creases and slight worn look, since this seat is a 'always will have passenger', so it cannot be 100% perfect, but compared with my colleague's vios, his already cracked and the foam is showing. Mine is dark and shiny after each application. My car looks better than showroom condition after 8 years, of course, only myself will know where the dings and superficial issues are.

I make it a point to park it indoors, but there are periods of times I park outdoors - Reservists, and in 2015-2016, I was jobless, I found an admin job, and they had FOC parking but open air, no choice, I just drive and park for approximately 7 months in open air under the sun.

Surprisingly, my car condition didn't deteriorate probably due to my diligent weekly maintenance. I can foresee people coming in to say I'm wasting time on a car as the car is supposed to serve me and I shouldn't be a slave to the car... :s13:

ChaoKeng_Kia

Master Member
Reaction score
yes it does.. not that strong though and goes off very quickly... or is it i got used to the smell lol

I'm looking for a leather cleaner/conditioner too.

Is this the 1 http://www.meguiars.com.sg/car-care/car-care-interior?product_id=225 which we are talking about?

Years ago, I bought another brand leather cleaner/conditioner, it made my seat slippery and gave a nice smell; something which I prefer not to have.

Does this meguiars have any fragrant smell after applying?

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always buy from hypercoat in Lazada but last purchase singpost didn't deliver yet declared as delivered

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a leather cleaner/conditioner too.

Is this the 1 http://www.meguiars.com.sg/car-care/car-care-interior?product_id=225 which we are talking about?

Years ago, I bought another brand leather cleaner/conditioner, it made my seat slippery and gave a nice smell; something which I prefer not to have.

Does this meguiars have any fragrant smell after applying?
Get the spray one. With the spray head/nozzle bottle. I have the leather cleaner also, that one smells damn good.

human1969

Reaction score
Let's see...

Meguair's Detailer
Meguair's Tyre Shine
Meguair's Quik Wax
Meguair's Carnuba Wax
Meguair's Leather Conditioner
Meguair's Shine Protectant

That's excluding some of the other stuff I have in the boot :s13: 1 bottle fits all... don't have.

Yes, my driver seat has some creases and slight worn look, since this seat is a 'always will have passenger', so it cannot be 100% perfect, but compared with my colleague's vios, his already cracked and the foam is showing. Mine is dark and shiny after each application. My car looks better than showroom condition after 8 years, of course, only myself will know where the dings and superficial issues are.

I make it a point to park it indoors, but there are periods of times I park outdoors - Reservists, and in 2015-2016, I was jobless, I found an admin job, and they had FOC parking but open air, no choice, I just drive and park for approximately 7 months in open air under the sun.

Surprisingly, my car condition didn't deteriorate probably due to my diligent weekly maintenance. I can foresee people coming in to say I'm wasting time on a car as the car is supposed to serve me and I shouldn't be a slave to the car... :s13:

Thanks for sharing.
To each his own....happy can liao lor :D

Acetone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the pump version... have to agree it’s not as easy to use

Get the spray one. With the spray head/nozzle bottle. I have the leather cleaner also, that one smells damn good.

IGfusion83

Reaction score
this a year ago thread but i hope someone who has been using the meguiar rich leather cream type
how do you spread it evenly?
i used it the first time today. pour some cream onto microfiber cloth and wipe my car seats
apparently some part is more 'shiny' then the other part. do i have to use more of the cream? as i was told to use just a 20 cent coin amount for each seat

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.