HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advice on servicing package

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

Thanks all for the info

I have decided to sign up for the package at $993. I was googling around and saw that standard servicing is about $100-$150, and major servicing ranges between $250 to like $500 depending on which workshop

Seems like BM package is just slightly more, I just went for it for convenience and peace of mind ba

Just completed my 40k major servicing today, overdue by a few k km lol. Total time took about 2 hours 15 mins. Just sat at their lounge and used their internet Haha
No worries. It's after all yr money. We can only tell u there's also peace of mind servicing a jap outside cheaper
trento is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Oh you are the guy with the 30yo Starlet. What happened to it?!

Ya that’s my consideration also

If outside workshop can do standard servicing at say $100, major servicing at $200, I also a bit tempted to do outside. But not sure how to compare. Last time I had an old starlet, servicing only $65 outside hahaha
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #18

To me the package price seems ok. For outside servicing most simple service easily $100 above, and major ones also not cheap. And note some outside workshops use cheaper parts and will awlays ask u replace something. Also another u should get better resale value.

Thanks all for the info

I have decided to sign up for the package at $993. I was googling around and saw that standard servicing is about $100-$150, and major servicing ranges between $250 to like $500 depending on which workshop

Seems like BM package is just slightly more, I just went for it for convenience and peace of mind ba

Just completed my 40k major servicing today, overdue by a few k km lol. Total time took about 2 hours 15 mins. Just sat at their lounge and used their internet Haha
zoneware7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #19

Oh you are the guy with the 30yo Starlet. What happened to it?!
I still have it, Coe ending soon though, gonna scrap it already, canít find parts for it
iamveryguailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #20

It's an altis and yr worried it breaks down? I owned one before and it doesn't break down. Not like i really took care of it btw n i bought it wen it was old some more
Which model is yours, how long you had it and what was the final mileage?
keenklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #21

To me the package price seems ok. For outside servicing most simple service easily $100 above, and major ones also not cheap. And note some outside workshops use cheaper parts and will awlays ask u replace something. Also another u should get better resale value.
Get better resale value? Hearsay or from experience? Or which dealer tells you that? Can share the contacts?
Personally, dun get conned by thinking have full servicing history with AD will get you better resale value when you trade in either at AD or outside dealer.

By the way, know what you are in for during the servicing else be it service at AD or outside, same same kenna asked to change this change that.
AD follows strictly to the mileage while outside workshop usually change what is necessary.

Last edited by myviowner; 09-02-2019 at 02:59 PM..
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #22
High Supremacy Member

Which model is yours, how long you had it and what was the final mileage?
2 gen ago one. Thai made. About 140k. I bought it at 8 yo. Drove 2 years. Sold to dealer for scrap. 5 years later, he said someone still driving it. Really shake head
Old 09-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #23
High Supremacy Member

My AD ask me to change more parts than outside. Tats y i went outside
Old 09-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

What a waste... convert to classic car?

I still have it, Coe ending soon though, gonna scrap it already, can’t find parts for it
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #25

2 gen ago one. Thai made. About 140k. I bought it at 8 yo. Drove 2 years. Sold to dealer for scrap. 5 years later, he said someone still driving it. Really shake head
That mileage still ok and it believe it was 4AT.
I am looking for case studies for 2014 gen and above 200k km.

IMHO, older Altis may not breakdown. The current generation is not AT but i-CVT and especially if they seemingly can be tuned for lower emission.

Last edited by keenklee; 10-02-2019 at 10:05 AM..
keenklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #26
High Supremacy Member

That mileage still ok and it believe it was 4AT.
I am looking for case studies for 2014 gen and above 200k km.

IMHO, older Altis may not breakdown. The current generation is not AT but i-CVT and especially if they seemingly can be tuned for lower emission.
Yep cvt is tricky so u may wana look elsewhere if reliability is yr main concern.

For the record, my relatives previous altis, civic, camry all hit 400k mileage no transmission issues or any issues for tat matter
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #27

My manual starlet probably had 800k to 900k clocked and no problem with the gearbox except for usual wear and tear of clutch. Still remember there was a time where the clutch reservoir leaked till empty, very difficult to shift, so I just use force and jam the gear into place to drive home. Went home, top up clutch fluid, back to normal. Damn steady.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #28
High Supremacy Member

My manual starlet probably had 800k to 900k clocked and no problem with the gearbox except for usual wear and tear of clutch. Still remember there was a time where the clutch reservoir leaked till empty, very difficult to shift, so I just use force and jam the gear into place to drive home. Went home, top up clutch fluid, back to normal. Damn steady.
Damn u nearly beat my instructor civic. Hit one million km!
Old 11-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #29

Wow 1 million km. But these old cars really can take a beating. My starlet had lowered and stiffer suspension and upsized wheels compared to stock, felt very stable around the corners.

Really can take abuse. Every time i slam the accelerator down, can see white smoke spewing out due to leaky gasket, but still runs just as fine. Just that the spare parts are very very difficult to find now. Scrap yards here donít have, have to go to malaysia to source
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.