HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advice on servicing package

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #1

Need advice on servicing package

Iím driving a simple Altis, slightly more than a year old. Mileage is close to 50k. Have been sending back to BM for servicing so far as car is still under warranty.

Is it worth to sign up for their servicing package? 2 x regular servicing and 2 x major servicing for $993 in total. If I take the major servicing to be $300 each, it means the standard servicing will cost about $200 each.

Is it significantly cheaper outside? If itís just a little more, I donít mind going to AD la, have known the service advisor for more than 10 years already, and he always does a good job.
iamveryguailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Depends what they change during major servicing. Can you list them out?
liquidh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:13 AM   #3

Depends what they change during major servicing. Can you list them out?
https://www.toyota.com.sg/my-toyota/servicing/passenger-vehicle-servicing/major-servicing-package

This is the complete list, but I think not all will be done. For example the spark plugs will only be changed at 100k. But since itís still under 2 years, will get a new battery.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Tats very expensive for a bnb car which hundreds of workshops can easily do in sg
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:20 AM   #5

Ya thatís my consideration also

If outside workshop can do standard servicing at say $100, major servicing at $200, I also a bit tempted to do outside. But not sure how to compare. Last time I had an old starlet, servicing only $65 outside hahaha
Old 09-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #6

Iím driving a simple Altis, slightly more than a year old. Mileage is close to 50k. Have been sending back to BM for servicing so far as car is still under warranty.

Is it worth to sign up for their servicing package? 2 x regular servicing and 2 x major servicing for $993 in total. If I take the major servicing to be $300 each, it means the standard servicing will cost about $200 each.

Is it significantly cheaper outside? If itís just a little more, I donít mind going to AD la, have known the service advisor for more than 10 years already, and he always does a good job.
IMHO.

You are a high mileage user and it will depends how long you want to use the car.

I would consider the Altis i-CVT as a "new" technology for Singapore as it was introduced, IIRC, in 2014 i.e. it is not "proven" in SG as it has not completed a 10-year cycle of normal driving. With you mileage, you will be a testimonial in about 4 years time.

The ideal is to extend and take up what ever additional warranty or plans that are offered. A small price to pay for "new" technology but it is more convenient to stick with AD servicing in-case this "new" technology have issues.

P.S. Warranty is 3 years. Pay for ToyotaShield for another 2 years. Add ToyotaShield Infinity for more discounts.

P.S. I don't even want to start discussion on the old engine suddenly can be made more fuel efficient. I would think there is likely to be some compromise somewhere.
keenklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #7

Tats very expensive for a bnb car which hundreds of workshops can easily do in sg
During warranty, other WS will not be able to change and claims parts under warranty.

I've read some drivers go stockist to buy ORIGINAL parts for the WS to change. Yeah, maybe worry that WS don't use ORIGINAL parts and yet send to the WS.
And, which are the WS that does proper coolant change?
keenklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

During warranty, other WS will not be able to change and claims parts under warranty.

I've read some drivers go stockist to buy ORIGINAL parts for the WS to change. Yeah, maybe worry that WS don't use ORIGINAL parts and yet send to the WS.
It's an altis and yr worried it breaks down? I owned one before and it doesn't break down. Not like i really took care of it btw n i bought it wen it was old some more
Old 09-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Coolant can just replace n flush. I never heard of AD doing something special about coolant
Old 09-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #10
EJB
High Supremacy Member

I won't buy packages from AD.

Rather service it outside. At half the price per servicing or less. Going back is like sending carrots to be chopped.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #11
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Borneo didn't top up my coolant... I was fortunate to find out after I arrived in town from West Coast. I emptied a 1.5L bottle worth of water into the reservoir and it was still not full.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #12

You can do it at less than half the price outside, using Toyota parts (buy from stockists yourself). Generally, the waiting time is also shorter.
andyhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Yes, this CVT is not proven to last 10 years in our conditions. Got some complaints from those driving as PHV. Dunno is it due to abuse or what.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #14

Thanks all for the info

I have decided to sign up for the package at $993. I was googling around and saw that standard servicing is about $100-$150, and major servicing ranges between $250 to like $500 depending on which workshop

Seems like BM package is just slightly more, I just went for it for convenience and peace of mind ba

Just completed my 40k major servicing today, overdue by a few k km lol. Total time took about 2 hours 15 mins. Just sat at their lounge and used their internet Haha
Old 09-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #15
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Slightly?

Outside major is only $200+, minor is 90-100+. I did all my 20-100K outside of BM. Saved tonnes. In between also went back for warranty claims. No issues at all.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.