HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Parking offence: Advisory Notice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2020, 07:54 PM   #1

Parking offence: Advisory Notice

Sharing for knowledge (and because "Sharing is Caring").

Earlier today, sent my daughter to her martial arts class at Jalan Besar. Parallel-parked the car at a proper lot at 16:53 and went up to the dojo.

Fully intended to pay for parking...but after helping my girl with her belt & settling down at the comfy sofa, totally forgot about it.

When it suddenly occurred to me that I have yet to pay for the parking, quickly did so with the Parking.sg app. Noted it was already 17:23.

After the class ended at 6+, went down & noticed the parking summons slip. Was slightly dejected but accepted it as it was due to my own carelessness.

Upon checking the slip, read that it was an Advisory Notice. Essentially, a warning not to commit the offence again. Was pleasantly surprised. Didn't know that warnings instead of straight fines/summons were a thing.

My guess is that my paid parking record on Parking.sg was helpful? Also, in 7 years of car ownership, have never had a parking fine or caught for a traffic offence. Had a couple of parking fines in the decade prior when I was riding.

Spoiler!

TL;DR: that parking summons slip may be a warning instead of a fine!

Happy New Year all! Drive safe!
JJughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

car plate number first time offence is notice. so your car plate no of 7 years totally no parking offence bef thus warning.
IcYFl4mEz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

If your car plate number 1st time kanna parking summon will be warning

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT
lousydk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #4

Hahaha! How suaku am I? Thanks for the enlightenment!
JJughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #5

Speeding also like this, first time and if not too much over the speed limit also warning

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT
Firefly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.