HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is it possible to appeal speeding fine?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #1

Is it possible to appeal speeding fine?

Hi all, I accidentally sped while traveling along Seletar Link near Lamp Post #37.

This is my first traffic offence ever since I got my license 1 year ago.

When I realized that my speed was over 60km/h, and tried to slow down, it was too late.

Is there any chance I can successfully appeal this? If yes how should I do it?

nuzgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

If you first time offence and the speed never exceed too much may just get a warning letter

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT
lousydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Hi all, I accidentally sped while traveling along Seletar Link near Lamp Post #37.

When I realized that my speed was over 60km/h, and tried to slow down, it was too late.

You can submit, but doesn't necessary mean it will be successful
Old 04-04-2020, 09:37 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Next time drive into the camera
sanzhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #5
Master Member

Have you got love letter from the relevant authority? If yes, then start to write beautifully and not saying something like :By mistake, did not realize the speed limit....etc.
If no, then wait for love letter. While waiting, can start to pen this appeal letter.

Good luck!
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

1 year plus license but speed like a demon
Peach Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:30 PM   #7

You can try to send love letter and see, maybe more forgiving these times.
karlgantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #8

This is the 1st draft of my appeal letter.

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

On 22 Mar 2020, 3.36pm, I was driving along Seletar Link. I accidentally exceeded the speed limit of the road by 1-20km/h.

The reason that I exceeded the speed limit was because I was unfamiliar with the area as it was my first time driving there.

This lesson has left a strong impression in my mind. I have been driving with additional care ever since and will continue into the future.

Prior to this, I have always driven very carefully since the day I got my license. This is the first time that I made a traffic offence. I seek your leniency, which will I treasure immensely!

Thank you for considering my case!

Sincerely,
My Name

Last edited by nuzgul; 05-04-2020 at 05:07 PM..
nuzgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Bro, no need to beg lah. State the facts and let them decide.

No need this.

This lesson has left a strong impression in my mind. I have been driving with additional care ever since and will continue into the future.

Prior to this, I have always driven very carefully ever since I got my license. This is the first time that I made a traffic offence. I seek your leniency in this, which will I treasure immensely!
koxinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

On 22 Mar 2020, 3.36pm, I was driving along Seletar Link. I accidentally exceeded the speed limit of the road by 1-20km/h.

The reason that I exceeded the speed limit was because I was unfamiliar with the area as it was my first time driving there.

Prior to this, I have always driven very carefully since the day I got my license. This is the first time that I made a traffic offence. I seek your leniency, which will I treasure immensely!

Sincerely,
My Name
People who are unfamiliar with an area will usually go slower, why are you going faster?

This lesson can leave a stronger impression if they don’t accept your appeal wouldn’t it?

One should always be driving carefully and that should be a given no?

May want to consider addressing this.
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:02 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Lol........
CyanSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:51 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

Sincerely,
My Name
TP will fine you and hope it leaves a strong impression in your mind. 🤣🤣🤣
Peach Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Letter already say only if on medical reason.
Why bother ?
elf108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 12:34 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

Sincerely,
My Name
If I am tp, I will think since unfamiliar why are u driving so first. U giving yrself excuse to no need to pay fine. No strong reason to support Yr case. 300 and 6 points, answer is no. Will proceed to fine u.

Love letter will write there speeding kills.

Last edited by itedino; 18-04-2020 at 12:36 AM..
itedino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #15
Supremacy Member

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

Sincerely,
My Name
Point 1: The correct authority is TP not LTA.

Point 2: It has to be an emergency (stomach-ache is not considered one)

Point 3: It has to be .....................to stand any chance. (I'm not stating it openly but this is usually the best option)

Point 4: Very unlikely, you have to prove faulty equipment - like your speedometer.

And finally: Point 5, why jump the gun? How do you know you will be summoned? You may not be or you may be given an advisory.
If your speed exceeds below 5kmh, very unlikely. Below 10, unlikely. Below 15, depends and an advisory may be issued. Over 15, likely. Over 20, almost certainly.
Kumar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.