HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree427Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #1906
Master Member

The items I buy in sg then bring in jb to do.
Yes LCH quite fast in labour.
Was there on sat. Saw them replace 4 tyres for a sirocco

If fuel filter tricky then I will not change.
Actually I itchy hand thinking parts to replace.
Worry one day will wear and tear.
You are not alone. I had the same feeling/ thinking/ attitude when i got my pre-own ride.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #1907
Arch-Supremacy Member

The items I buy in sg then bring in jb to do.
Yes LCH quite fast in labour.
Was there on sat. Saw them replace 4 tyres for a sirocco

If fuel filter tricky then I will not change.
Actually I itchy hand thinking parts to replace.
Worry one day will wear and tear.
Most of the items can just ask LCH for quote. It's not expensive. Buy the parts yourself = time + parking charges you don't save much.

The Malaysians are more mature in handling cars than sinkies. Nothing spoil no need to visit workshop except for oil change, tyres. Etc.

Fuel filter most likely need to change when your car is 20+ yrs old. Else just leave it.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #1908

When you guys service the car in JB, need to watch them to do it? Will it be safe to leave it there then collect later?
MikeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #1909
Master Member

When you guys service the car in JB, need to watch them to do it? Will it be safe to leave it there then collect later?
No one can guarantee safety. Watch over if you don't feel at ease. I do watch over, only going off once in a while nearby for meal or drinks.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #1910
Arch-Supremacy Member

If it's your first time at the workshop better to stand around watch what they do.
For me I did the same when I visit LCH for the first time but after that didn't bother cos they really did a good job

Old 12-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #1911

For those who goes often to Malaysia and having keyless function do take note:

These statement show how useless manufacturers and police are?
Or how impressive car's thevies are with $50 device? Lolol

["To date, car manufacturers have yet to find a foolproof solution to beat these car thieves," the ADAC findings concluded.

A police spokesman said they were aware of this high-tech method.]
In security circles this has been a well known vulnerability for well over a decade. There was a security consultant who wrote an open letter to car manufacturers about it which brought the issue into the mainstream spotlight almost a decade ago IIRC.

The tools for the job have just become cheaper and easier to acquire since then. When I first heard about it, it costed about USD$50 for the electronics needed for a DIY device along with some know how. These days any idiot can buy ready made kits.

https://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/lockcode.asp
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #1912
Supremacy Member

Hi all, anyone know where to fix Audi car seat? My front passenger sit the below part give way and the plastic cover of the back seat can be open now.

Also stock speaker got some static noise. So for this go sheng auto can fix?

Thanks

Last edited by xiaozhi86; 12-02-2018 at 09:28 PM..
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #1913
Master Member

Depend how "close" relation you and the workshops ppl lor. First time, better watch every person that walk close to your ride.

As other bro said, there is no guarantee safety. Just be vigilant. And be low profile.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #1914
High Supremacy Member

Hi all, anyone know where to fix Audi car seat? My front passenger sit the below part give way and the plastic cover of the back seat can be open now.

Also stock speaker got some static noise. So for this go sheng auto can fix?

Thanks
wah below part give way ah? that means when a bbfa sits on it, his entire bum will sink in n touch the floor ah? sounds jia lat leh...

may be can try gosford to fix the cushion...

may be speaker kaput liao... ya this one go sheng auto...
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #1915
Supremacy Member

wah below part give way ah? that means when a bbfa sits on it, his entire bum will sink in n touch the floor ah? sounds jia lat leh...

may be can try gosford to fix the cushion...

may be speaker kaput liao... ya this one go sheng auto...
The seat and cushion and electric seat control is ok. Just below there is a part there hold the bottom part drop off. Like a piece of cover. Thus the passenger front seat behind the plastic is flimsy
Old 12-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #1916
High Supremacy Member

The seat and cushion and electric seat control is ok. Just below there is a part there hold the bottom part drop off. Like a piece of cover. Thus the passenger front seat behind the plastic is flimsy
may be can try using super glue?
Old 12-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #1917
Supremacy Member

may be can try using super glue?
think is got 2 small parts drop off. so dont know is it important anot. so hope can fix 1 and for all
Old 12-02-2018, 11:54 PM   #1918
Arch-Supremacy Member

think is got 2 small parts drop off. so dont know is it important anot. so hope can fix 1 and for all
Sounds like original parts. You might not be able to substitute it with something else.

Speaker confirmed is kaputz. Unlikely to be loose wires. Just replace it with a used speaker from Sheng auto or Soon Lee at lor 39 geylang

Last edited by snipfer; 12-02-2018 at 11:57 PM..
Old 13-02-2018, 12:46 AM   #1919
Supremacy Member

Sounds like original parts. You might not be able to substitute it with something else.

Speaker confirmed is kaputz. Unlikely to be loose wires. Just replace it with a used speaker from Sheng auto or Soon Lee at lor 39 geylang

Yup. Tomorrow I'm going lch and sheng auto. For sheng auto need look for who? The car seat the parts i think can glue back. Just don't know how to fix. If i go do in Singapore, any recommendation?
Old 13-02-2018, 06:09 AM   #1920
High Supremacy Member

Yup. Tomorrow I'm going lch and sheng auto. For sheng auto need look for who? The car seat the parts i think can glue back. Just don't know how to fix. If i go do in Singapore, any recommendation?
few yrs ago, i went to one lau uncle at sin ming industrial area... he helped me stitch a small part where the thread was worn n came loose. solid work n price is reasonable. but now the whole place is gone... dunno whether he retire already or where he moved to...

try alexandra village... my friend repaired her merc backseat last year... if u need the address, I'll have to ask her...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.