HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #1996
Master Member

Budget around RM800 for polishing. Would want a carwash that use quality products so that the shine can last for at least a few months. Oh also various parts of my car are wrapped with 3M vinyl sticker such as my hood and roof. Would polishing these areas adversely affect the integrity of the wrap? Thank you
vinyl sticker cannot use normal polisher. just use 3m sharp shooter to remove stain.
logitech123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #1997
Supremacy Member

Donno any conti stockists
You can WhatsApp ah yuan - lch brothers and ask for pricing then let them fix for you

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
He quote the parts not cheap also. That why looking for stockist. Got try to buy from eBay before?
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 03:12 PM   #1998
Arch-Supremacy Member

He quote the parts not cheap also. That why looking for stockist. Got try to buy from eBay before?
Ah yuan dont mark up much. From past experiences.

Nope. Only got buy spare parts from yahoo auction jp.

Won't try to sway you to buy from taobao but I think the parts are the same though.

snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #1999
Arch-Supremacy Member

Budget around RM800 for polishing. Would want a carwash that use quality products so that the shine can last for at least a few months. Oh also various parts of my car are wrapped with 3M vinyl sticker such as my hood and roof. Would polishing these areas adversely affect the integrity of the wrap? Thank you
never had vinyl wrapped before... can't advice u.

i do hear from some friends that vinyl wrapped cars are easier to wash n maintain..
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 07:08 PM   #2000

Had my top and bonnet wrapped.
Recently, when for a grooming session.
The guy informed that they won't touch these two area as they worried polish might tear the vinyl.
After much persuasion and with my assurance that anything wrong with the vinyl i would not hold them responsible, then the guy just did light polishing.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 07:23 PM   #2001
Supremacy Member

Ah yuan dont mark up much. From past experiences.

Nope. Only got buy spare parts from yahoo auction jp.

Won't try to sway you to buy from taobao but I think the parts are the same though.

I also feel is the same because is door lock. I don't see what wrong with it. But the part number is different that what worry me i buy Liao then waste money
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 12:50 AM   #2002
Supremacy Member

vinyl sticker cannot use normal polisher. just use 3m sharp shooter to remove stain.
Thank you, will look for a place to purchase this
zul99z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 12:54 AM   #2003
Supremacy Member

Had my top and bonnet wrapped.
Recently, when for a grooming session.
The guy informed that they won't touch these two area as they worried polish might tear the vinyl.
After much persuasion and with my assurance that anything wrong with the vinyl i would not hold them responsible, then the guy just did light polishing.
Hmm alright. I've decided to not polish in JB and instead wash the car on my own every week. Will be buying water wax, leather care and window glass cleaner tmr evening before washing it. Thank you for all the suggestion!

Oh another qn though. I just send my car for the servicing at World Auto. Seems like they're using housebrand EO 5W-40. Any workshops in JB that provide EO serving tgth with Atf fluid and install brand new Honda aircon filter? Thank you
zul99z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #2004

Hmm alright. I've decided to not polish in JB and instead wash the car on my own every week. Will be buying water wax, leather care and window glass cleaner tmr evening before washing it. Thank you for all the suggestion!

Oh another qn though. I just send my car for the servicing at World Auto. Seems like they're using housebrand EO 5W-40. Any workshops in JB that provide EO serving tgth with Atf fluid and install brand new Honda aircon filter? Thank you

LCH Brothers Batteries & Tires
2, Jalan Perkasa 3, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 7-562 6639
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #2005
Arch-Supremacy Member

i have spare bosch charcoal civic fd aircon filter if u r driving civic
Old 23-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #2006
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went for a wash this pm.
The workers kinda scared of their boss, did not slack at all when comes to washing and drying, very systematic like McDonald's, everyone knows what's their role. Not the cheapest in johor but considered cheapest in Bukit Indah area.

Old 23-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #2007
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went for a wash this pm.
The workers kinda scared of their boss, did not slack at all when comes to washing and drying, very systematic like McDonald's, everyone knows what's their role. Not the cheapest in johor but considered cheapest in Bukit Indah area.

u go lch today?

cant really see the prices... how much for the wash?
Old 23-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #2008
Arch-Supremacy Member

u go lch today?

cant really see the prices... how much for the wash?
Bobian no money buy expensive hp.
I was at LCH.
I paid $18 no vacuum. Another shop same street quote me $22.
Price starts from $10,$12,14,16,18,20,30 depends on size.

Last edited by snipfer; 23-02-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Old 23-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #2009
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bobian no money buy expensive hp.
I was at LCH.
I paid $18 no vacuum. Another shop same street quote me $22.
Price starts from $10,$12,14,16,18,20,30 depends on size.

wah rm18 bo vacuum a bit pricey lei... i think some places mpv rm15 for everything...

u usually take tuas or woodlands on ur way back? if woodlands, can go tampoi makan steam fish n bak kut teh... quite cheap n good...
Old 23-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #2010
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah rm18 bo vacuum a bit pricey lei... i think some places mpv rm15 for everything...

u usually take tuas or woodlands on ur way back? if woodlands, can go tampoi makan steam fish n bak kut teh... quite cheap n good...
I usually wash car at the caltex diagonally opp sentosa. RM15 all in.

Still prefer Tuas, in and out. Less nonsense and less jam.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.