Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you don't know what kind of material they use to make the rotor. your disc rotor go thru a lot heat cycle. poorly made disc are prone thermal cracking which could cause catastrophic failure.
since you are already using it then you should check for any sign of surface cracking regularly when you pump tyre air

Ya once in a while I will take a close look at them.
The rotors I bought are considered Branded in China, they are not cheap in China.
Actually there are a lot of good quality stuffs in China but many sinkie go for the lowest priced yet expect the highest quality, in the end then complain China products no good.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
recently i experience something strange whenever i ignite my engine...

the moment I turned the car key...got this strange sound ...something resembles "falling of sands" inside dashboard/steering area or something like that....

anyone experience this? or know what is happening?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the moment I turned the car key...got this strange sound ...something resembles "falling of sands" inside dashboard/steering area or something like that....

Mine used to have that sound. Change spark plug and starter then no more liao.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

"Coughing" during crank?
Then as the other forumer has posted - starter or sparks plug

camotorpedo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if we need to bargain at LCH brothers? Will they quote a higher price for customer to bargain down or will they just offer their best price from the start.

I will prefer the latter of course

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if we need to bargain at LCH brothers? Will they quote a higher price for customer to bargain down or will they just offer their best price from the start.

I would msg them and ask for the price first. If its ok, make an appt and get it done.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would check price in sg vs what JB quoted. Near 100% sure JB quoted must be cheaper than in sg, then i save the time bargaining.

They need to earn to survive mate.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

It's a very different biz culture compare to sg
Don't bargain. Either you accept the price or go elsewhere.

Workshop biz is very competitive in Johor, just drive around 1 area of shophouses you can spot no less than 3 workshops. It's kinda saturated.

Workshop owners knows what's the market rate and quote you the lowest price possible. By bargaining, they will see you as being difficult although will still do your biz but don't expect anything extra and they will not do anything more to retain lousy customers.

Bond388

Reaction score
Wahaha joking lah

Rotors n brake pads non mechanical as in no moving parts inside. It's just a piece of round shape alloy so I am ok with it. Already using close to a year. Ceramic Brake pads I bought mid range type, so so but can do the job. Strut bars they copied Cusco and the quality is as good as Cusco.

I will be getting "higher end" brake pads in the coming months.

Bro....i m using wilwood brake calipers.
Can intro some good brake pads with less dust and good price?
I dont wanna buy fr wilwood cos very ex.

Thks

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
金麒麟,信义,左左木, 相信,etc
I am now using 耐力狮, grip not that fantastic. I will be changing to either 金麒麟 or 左左木

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually until now i still don't understand the air filter thing. I read at MCF, basically change to K&N what drop port will have a increase in pick up speed but decrease in top speed. The decrease in top speed is like how much? The max i go is just 120 in Jurong Island at night nia.

If wanna corner and feel more stable, is do what struck bar?

Please help.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually until now i still don't understand the air filter thing. I read at MCF, basically change to K&N what drop port will have a increase in pick up speed but decrease in top speed. The decrease in top speed is like how much? The max i go is just 120 in Jurong Island at night nia.

Please help.

Stabilizing bar. in JB, Ultra racing (UR) brand stabilizing bar is popular. Many fake ones out there. Make sure you get it from AD.

http://ultraracing.my/v1/?page_id=2292#1496730004722-f83cded7-cbd7831f-23da759e-d812

camotorpedo

Reaction score
It's a very different biz culture compare to sg
Don't bargain. Either you accept the price or go elsewhere.

Workshop biz is very competitive in Johor, just drive around 1 area of shophouses you can spot no less than 3 workshops. It's kinda saturated.

Workshop owners knows what's the market rate and quote you the lowest price possible. By bargaining, they will see you as being difficult although will still do your biz but don't expect anything extra and they will not do anything more to retain lousy customers.

Yap, i would prefer not to bargain too as I'm not used to it. Fully agree that workshop is ultimately a business and as long as the price is fair we should let them earn.

Having said that, I prefer not to patronise a shop with "dual" pricing meaning they give the better price to customers who press them.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please help.

Many people here all Been there done that. It's just more air flow, own self feel very powerful until you see another car makes you smell their smoke bcos they got a bigger engine than yours. The only real powerful upgrade is to swap a bigger engine.

Cornering - bigger wider good tyres + front n rear strut

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

Please help.

Stock filter or K&N filter is just a filter in the airbox which filters out dusts, leaves, bugs and anything other than air. Think of K&N as a better filter that filters well and allow better airflow which will improve your pickup (slightly-moderately-noticeably but again, it's subjective).

If you want stability at corners, you can lower your ride height (see that big gap between your tyres and wheel fender? close up that gap). To do this, you can either go with lowering springs or coilovers. This will be very effective vs strut bars.

Another way to "feel more stable" is to change out those 14 or 15" 5.5jj width stock rims for 15 or 16" 6.5jj aftermarket rims (for vios).

Strut bar? Do it after all the above is achieved if you still feel that it's not enough.

Last edited:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Many people here all Been there done that. It's just more air flow, own self feel very powerful until you see another car makes you smell their smoke bcos they got a bigger engine than yours. The only real powerful upgrade is to swap a bigger engine.

Cornering - bigger wider good tyres + front n rear strut

:s13::s13: yes, there will always be someone with a bigger engine or bigger guts that will overtake you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.