HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #2641

Honda good or not I don't know.
But Toyota coolant was widely used by other makes. Many mechanics swear by it being the best.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
Thks bro....will try out
Bond388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #2642
Master Member

subaru coolant is the best but too expensive and not a lot of workshop carry it. about $50+ per bottle. my car need 2 bottle...
if you don't track then any coolant work just as well.
logitech123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #2643
Master Member

what about radiator size? Does a bigger radiator reduces engine performance? Or is it eligible?
Old 10-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #2644

what about radiator size? Does a bigger radiator reduces engine performance? Or is it eligible?
does a new radiator increas engine performance
nicholascheans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #2645
Master Member

does a new radiator increas engine performance
short answer, no.
i don't know what car you are driving. for my subaru stock radiator offer the best cooling. but almost everyone i know, including me change it to aluminum radiator because stock plastic end-cap of the radiator always burst and leak

i know alot of workshop like to remove thermostat to prevent it from failing and cause overheat. but pls don't remove it, your coolant need certain heat to optimize engine fuel/performance efficiency.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #2646
Supremacy Member

Mostly KL, wait for half cut

What you mean half cut?
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:03 PM   #2647
Master Member

short answer, no.
i don't know what car you are driving. for my subaru stock radiator offer the best cooling. but almost everyone i know, including me change it to aluminum radiator because stock plastic end-cap of the radiator always burst and leak

i know alot of workshop like to remove thermostat to prevent it from failing and cause overheat. but pls don't remove it, your coolant need certain heat to optimize engine fuel/performance efficiency.
Iím on a Honda Fit. Reason for changing is because like what you said, the plastic parts tend to crack. Iím not looking for any engine performance, just donít want a cracking leaking rad. Reason why I ask if a bigger rad reduces engine performance is because there seems to be a uncertainty about this. Water pump has to work harder to send the same amount of pressure through the fins. I understand about the thermostat part . More or less it has to close the flow for engine to warm up before it opens to allow coolant flowing back to rad for cooling .
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #2648
Master Member

What you mean half cut?
Half cut is exactly what it means. A car cut into half. Usually the rear end is trashed and the front end where most of the goodies are will be kept as spare parts. If you go to scrap yard, you will see a lot of half cuts.
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #2649
Master Member

Stock radiator were designed to best suit for the car and related parts. By changing one part of the whole system may effect the rest. All parts within a system are interlinked and balanced.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #2650
High Supremacy Member

Aluminium radiator can dissipate heat faster than alloys. There is a Malaysian brand( made in Malaysia) quite popular with jiuhu kias, suddenly couldn't recall the name

snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #2651
Master Member

bigger surface with thinner radiator has better cooling efficiency. but very hard to find a full aluminum rad that is as thin as stock rad. however, i'm happy with the performance with my koyorad. i never had any cooling or heat issue with it on my car.

Last edited by logitech123; 10-04-2018 at 04:01 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #2652
Master Member

Aluminium radiator can dissipate heat faster than alloys. There is a Malaysian brand( made in Malaysia) quite popular with jiuhu kias, suddenly couldn't recall the name

Could be APM?
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:22 PM   #2653
High Supremacy Member

Could be APM?
This one. Old Liao memory no good.

http://www.synergy2u.com/index.php

snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #2654
Master Member

lol. and there's sard knockoffs too.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:59 AM   #2655

i prefer lch leh... Lch bro dont let me bring parts to change
Actually I have issues also.... Ah Yuan from LCH Bros asking if use their parts.
Then after I gave him chassis number, he say malaysia no such stock.
Old Sienta
- Change Wheel bearings and Tyres
- Change CVT filter and gasket.
- Flush and change coolant.
- Change engine oil.
- Change air filter.
- Change aircon cabin filter.

Any suggestions on how to deal with it?
kelvinleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.