HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree425Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #2806
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all, had taken the recommendations of this thread and gone to LCH Brothers a few times, and visited Joo Fatt once to reset my car key's remote. Recently switched to a COE Stream, and a mechanic warned me that there's leakage from my auto transmission. Have done some homework, so my choices are either to gamble with scrap cars' gearboxes or recondition my existing one, with the latter option being more pricey but with warranty when done. Will LCH or Jet have lobang to recondition the gearbox in JB for better workmanship and/or pricing? Or should I do it locally so that it's easier to return to the workshop if it breaks down or shows sign of leakage again? Really want to drive the Stream for the next 5 years...
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #2807
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all, had taken the recommendations of this thread and gone to LCH Brothers a few times, and visited Joo Fatt once to reset my car key's remote. Recently switched to a COE Stream, and a mechanic warned me that there's leakage from my auto transmission. Have done some homework, so my choices are either to gamble with scrap cars' gearboxes or recondition my existing one, with the latter option being more pricey but with warranty when done. Will LCH or Jet have lobang to recondition the gearbox in JB for better workmanship and/or pricing? Or should I do it locally so that it's easier to return to the workshop if it breaks down or shows sign of leakage again? Really want to drive the Stream for the next 5 years...
Lch bro - I have seen ah yuan strip out so many different types of gearboxes from puny to high end cars. Ask him to check first, confirmed got leaking then proceed.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #2808
High Supremacy Member

Leak doesnt mean u need to recon the whole.

Try this first. Remove the old gasket n put on a new one, change tranny filter n then put in new tranny fluid.

Should be less than sgd200 if u do it in sg. Bring ur own filter gasket n oil to lch will save u some money too.

Last edited by koolaid; 20-04-2018 at 11:22 PM..
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 12:17 AM   #2809
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks guys for the advice! I'm bugging the dealer to get their mechanic/workshop to check it out further, see how it goes tomorrow.
Old 21-04-2018, 01:10 AM   #2810
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh, I forgot to state, I get some irregular shuddering when accelerating between 20-40km/h slowly, especially after a traffic light change. Doesn't seem to happen if I do a relatively faster acceleration from standstill. That's why the mechanic I visited said it's a symptom of the gearbox showing early signs of failing... said can probably drive with it but nobody would know when it would fail completely.
Old 21-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #2811
High Supremacy Member

What make n model? How old? Mileage? If the tranny or engune is leaking oil, quickly get ur mech to check n fix that leak first.
Old 21-04-2018, 10:38 PM   #2812
Great Supremacy Member

Can i just check hor, if my car windscreen always fog up, is it air con problem? I haven't try driving with the air con off yet.

But this past few days, always fog up at certain spots only. Initially i thought is dirty spot, i wipe with water, wipe with Rain-X, no difference. I did notice that cars suppose to have 2 venting points. 1 on the outside, the wiper area and 1 more on the inside of the car.

But my Vios only have on the outside which is the wiper blade area. How arh?
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 01:32 AM   #2813
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your Aircon too cold?

Old 22-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #2814
Arch-Supremacy Member

What make n model? How old? Mileage? If the tranny or engune is leaking oil, quickly get ur mech to check n fix that leak first.
It's a 9+ year old Honda Stream with 157k on the odometer. The dealer referred me to a workshop who then diagnosed it as a failing gearbox. Said will change it for me so I've gotta send the car in tomorrow.
Old 22-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #2815
High Supremacy Member

It's a 9+ year old Honda Stream with 157k on the odometer. The dealer referred me to a workshop who then diagnosed it as a failing gearbox. Said will change it for me so I've gotta send the car in tomorrow.
If the dealer has offered to fix the issue, then let them fix it.
Old 22-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #2816
Great Supremacy Member

Your Aircon too cold?

Actually if air con too cold, should fog up the whole windscreen mah?

Now my issue only fog up certain points of the windscreen. The center of the front windscreen(1 small patch) and the back windscreen(right side).
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #2817
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then perhaps some where the rubber seal is hardened and air from outside is "leaking" inside

Old 22-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #2818
High Supremacy Member

Went to lch yesterday to change my rear side suspension and tyres.
Brought own fuel filter and brake pads front and rear but ah yuan say no need changed after checking.

Left my cAr there and took grab to Bukit indah shopping.
Saw one white Forte red car plate yesterday at lch also.

So only change fuel filter and rear absobrrr and tyres
Saw one girl at cashier yesteyss. Dunno who is she but should be working at lch.
Fair skin abit fit type.

Last edited by sentsggirls; 22-04-2018 at 01:46 PM..
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #2819
High Supremacy Member

Went to lch yesterday to change my rear side suspension and tyres.
Brought own fuel filter and brake pads front and rear but ah yuan say no need changed after checking.

Left my cAr there and took grab to Bukit indah shopping.
Saw one white Forte red car plate yesterday at lch also.

So only change fuel filter and rear absobrrr and tyres
Saw one girl at cashier yesteyss. Dunno who is she but should be working at lch.
Fair skin abit fit type.

Cant really see the image n itemized breakdown...

but i hope u r happy with their service, price n workmanship.

The xmm is ah yuans gf ah?
Old 22-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #2820
Arch-Supremacy Member

Their alignment is the laser type?

Sent from Samsung CURVED UHD S8 using GAGT
jumpmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.