Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

TSmonster

Reaction score
Checked with them on labour quote for my power steering replacement job. Quoted RM200, LCH Batteries quoted RM120. Their reviews also say part costs have skyrocketed. Some people saying they got OEM part from them for almost the price of genuine from stockist.

His quote close to double of lch. Went to century once when I was new to jb servicing

jfkoh

Reaction score
His quote close to double of lch. Went to century once when I was new to jb servicing
Century was cheap but now I think on the high side. Go in can see 8/10 are sg car. But price of cos still cheaper then Sg.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, today just accidentally scratch my car against a carpark bumper. Any reliable workshop in JB can fix this on the same day? Not a very big dent though, but see liao very uneasy. Thanks!

avmDDJf.jpg

bKauEuT.jpg

BTS spray paint.
But now all closed long long for CNY

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For such repair, can same day collect?

I had something similar 1.5 yrs ago, morning hand over, evening collect.

You need to wait till 2nd or 3rd week of Feb...everyone is closed

meredithalysonlee

Reaction score
Hello! Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for full car wrap vinyl and car seat fabric wrap?

Shops in singapore / JB also can.

Thank you!

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most dash cam have a power cut off when battery reaches a certain voltage. Always buy the biggest battery your car can accommodate.

My iroad V9 records 24/7 without any problems for the last 2+ yrs. And I do not have any additional battery.

N

Reaction score
CarClicks

I visited CC yesterday hoping that CNY period few people want to operate on their car. indeed it's true, no customers when I was there.

paid 25RM for labour to change my EO and filter. I knew the price for their labour, and its high compared to others but I wanted honest, professional, no hard sell service. I read that the market rate for labour to do EO is 10-15RM. The place was not easy to find, even with google maps as I rarely enter M'sia due to the immediate surcharge at customs.

I visited CC mostly for their opinion on my problems. They took my car for a spin, unlike local WS that quickly think of ways to earn money without any evaluation (alignment, balancing, changing fluids, tell you to monitor first)

Some wear n tear, but all within half a day's effort.

As long you are willing to ask, they are willing to explain. You have the freedom to decide which WS fixes it. They are the only people who explain in detail why their diagnosis is different from other WS and upon request, sat me in to demonstrate. :s42: Based on their ability to defend their diagnosis, most people would be glad to hand it to the best hands. sometimes confidence in a person is paramount.

while it's true that anybody can fix a Japanese car, you may spend money on services that do not fix the root of the problem and snowball to bigger money, just like asking workshop to fix air-con problem which usually results in changing the compressor. A local WS charged me $10 labour to blow the cabin air filter when I complained the aircon is not so cold. :s22:

25RM is fantastic value for 30 mins of a lesson on what to precisely fix. I am grateful to them for sharing their knowledge thus this lengthy review that may send more noobs like me, to buy their expertise.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rm 10-RM15? Where you learnt from sia.... So far cheapest i got was RM30. Did not used CC cos of distance.
Thats what i like about sending car to JB for servicing. No hard selling, do the checks and advise accordingly. Tell you to take note of this and that. Can tahan for time being, next servicing bring your parts then change together.
You are lucky that CC not busy yesterday.

Btw in SG, based on friendship and kam cheng, labour for change EO and filter is SGD$20.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.