HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree453Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #4696
Supremacy Member

No, Snipfer, stick to stock. Period.

If pulley crack and pichar, prepare to change car. Stick to stock pulley.
Unless you driving a wrx, evo.etc

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #4697
Supremacy Member

Yeah can let workshop earn. Just $3 more.

Oil filter is RM$25
Old 20-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #4698

I recently changed from RE003 to PS31. I felt that its slightly noisier. Maybe cuz the PS31 YOM is 06? I did a rims&tyre swap with someone.
How many KMs have you clocked on the new tyres? Some people have said their new tyres were noisy but after a 'break in' period, it becomes quieter? I've personally not experienced this cos I usually get lobang for 80-90% tread tyre
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #4699
Supremacy Member

I've personally not experienced this cos I usually get lobang for 80-90% tread tyre
Wow! Got lobang never share~share?? =P
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #4700

Wow! Got lobang never share~share?? =P
bro must just actively source la..on and off different places will have. I've gotten from numerous sources..online direct seller, some people upsize rims then stock tyres quite new can get good deal they want to clear for a bit more than the shop offer them trade in, most people will just trade in to save the hassle though. Got those that don't like the tyre cos too noisy etc then sell near new also, I don't care about road noise, got traction can liao. One rim workshop also last time someone had just traded the tyres in, I came in before they even needed to put into their system advertise all that and got a pretty good fast deal price. Sometimes can only get 2pcs of the same kind, some people fussy want all 4 the same, I'm fine with matching tread on one axle.

So I don't really have one lobang shop, sorry
YorYor and myviowner like this.
Old 20-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #4701
Master Member

Many lobangs in carousell. But not everyday got direct seller. Again even have, size maybe diff and or not the brand you after for.

After look see look see for weeks, got 2 pcs tires at $100. Left 80% meat. Still can see that red dot on the side wall. lolz
myviowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 12:09 AM   #4702
Master Member

How many KMs have you clocked on the new tyres? Some people have said their new tyres were noisy but after a 'break in' period, it becomes quieter? I've personally not experienced this cos I usually get lobang for 80-90% tread tyre
Didn't ask the previous owner. I see got more meat than my RE003 so i swapped over. Reckon it would have done about 20k or more. True enough, tyres with traction are noisy, there's no best of both worlds.

Since its 2016YOM, I would prefer to swap them out for newer ones soon.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 12:12 AM   #4703

Very nice! I recently got car speakers from Carousell also, someone dekit to upgrade after
2 months use. $60 Hertz good enough for my rear doors I'm actually gonna sell my Michelin PS4 tyre on there soon myself
Old 21-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #4704
Master Member

Anyway I went to JB Giant just now. Shell Helix is Made in Germany, likely same source as SG Giant. Get from Shopee better, Made in HK. Same as those sold in Shell station.

Bosch is semi synthetic, fyi. Didn't bought any EO but got an ironing board and some storage boxes instead
Old 21-11-2018, 12:15 AM   #4705
Master Member

Very nice! I recently got car speakers from Carousell also, someone dekit to upgrade after
2 months use. $60 Hertz good enough for my rear doors I'm actually gonna sell my Michelin PS4 tyre on there soon myself
Haha yea speakers are must buys! I've gotten front and rear JBL speakers for $100. Rocking those on my ride currently and it is well well well below RRP.
Old 21-11-2018, 12:28 AM   #4706

Anyway I went to JB Giant just now. Shell Helix is Made in Germany, likely same source as SG Giant. Get from Shopee better, Made in HK. Same as those sold in Shell station.

Bosch is semi synthetic, fyi. Didn't bought any EO but got an ironing board and some storage boxes instead
I don't know why people have a preference for the HK Shell..I've alternated between both and there's no difference..at one point Giant in SG was selling both the Europe and HK one, HK one more stock so I'd picked up a few of each. I believe this stems from some marketing spin by Shell to push people to buy from their petrol stations and to prefer the 'local' variant. They also told people not to buy from Lazada and Shopee and other platforms in Malaysia, a lot of fakes which is apparently true there.

Either I'm not looking hard enough or not in the right places but I haven't found any actual technical fact sheets that show a difference in the oils based on country of mfg.

The Bosch I think I saw on the catalogue got fully syn eo also for a bit more than the semi.

Haha yea speakers are must buys! I've gotten front and rear JBL speakers for $100. Rocking those on my ride currently and it is well well well below RRP.
When buying off Carousell etc. for speakers also need to be careful, read a lot about fakes that look pretty much identical unless you put a real/fake set side by side and compare the wires etc. A lot of people online report they got their Hertz fakes from Malaysia..not sure if made there or Malaysia sellers bringing in the China fakes, probably the latter.
Old 22-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #4707

Is Shell Helix EO better? Seem like everyone is using it.
nyf_kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #4708
Great Supremacy Member

I would like to say because its cheaper.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #4709
Supremacy Member

It is an average EO. But it is a brand name EO and because it’s cheap, it’s popular.

Used it before. But I prefer Castrol Edge.

I would like to say because its cheaper.
Old 22-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #4710
High Supremacy Member

If can try to avoid using this eo.
Use Liao fc sucks big time and will make u spent more money on petrol.

For eo try to invest in better brand and those with low saps.
We only change eo every 10k or 6 months why not use a better one which cost
70-100 dollars kind.

100 divede by 6 months, one month 16-17 dollars only.

I use before shell and other good brands like motul , Castro , liquid moley, penrite , royal purple.

Shell really at bottom
So noisy and fc sucks and sometimes engine knocking.
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.