HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 12:04 AM   #4876

I did the RM300 package at D'Lux. Am pretty satisfied with the results.
Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards sending to them now. Did they use any product like leather conditioner for the seats and cleaning of the dash etc?
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:13 AM   #4877

Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards sending to them now. Did they use any product like leather conditioner for the seats and cleaning of the dash etc?
The package includes interior grooming. They got apply dashboard protectant as well.
seanboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #4878

The package includes interior grooming. They got apply dashboard protectant as well.
Gonna send to them next week. Will put up before and after shots of my chui ride. It'll really be a test for them.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #4879
Master Member

Send to AA.. very detailed check
Visual check nia lah..... cant really check alot lot... Simi detail check? take out engine too? Hook up air con gauge to check too? The most they hook up OBD scanner to check for any faulty codes then erased in away. All these job can be done at trusted workshop outside.

Just dun waste time and spend monies on these so call Used Car evaluation center lor.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #4880
Master Member

Thanks for reference. U did whole car soundproofing? Can share?
Done whole car. Better call them for a quote. I changed to better grade material after they gave me a quote based on entry level material. Therefore, price diff.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #4881

I change my brake fluid with ahyuan at carclick. They are using Idemitsu dot 4. I'm driving toyota car just for your reference. As for cost, RM60 for 1L before labour fee.
nyf_kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #4882

I change my brake fluid with ahyuan at carclick. They are using Idemitsu dot 4. I'm driving toyota car just for your reference. As for cost, RM60 for 1L before labour fee.
How much for the labour?
seanboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #4883

How much for the labour?
I change other thing as well but total labour is RM125
nyf_kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #4884
Master Member

Labour over in JB still cheaper for sure...
Old 08-12-2018, 12:05 AM   #4885
High Supremacy Member

Anyone try those change engine oil service package ?
with12 or 20 points check.

Usually they check properly or just try to chop carrot. ?

Last edited by sentsggirls; 08-12-2018 at 12:16 AM..
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:11 AM   #4886

How much for the labour?
Last year ah yuan when at LCH bros quoted me rm60 for brake flush, spark plug change and fan belt change. I supply parts.. I think prices gone up though..end up I did at Ts Motor cos more convenient for me to go there and I think was cheaper also.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:16 AM   #4887

Anyone try those change engine oil service package ?
Win 12 or 20 points check.

Usually they check properly or just try to chop carrot. ?
Depends on shop bro..I used a few of those Groupon/Fave voucher ones, got servicing for $19 also after I applied some coupons One of the shops the mech good, go through the undercarriage of the car with me explain things, show the leaks etc. Then when I told him going to scrap in 5 months he say just monitor oil levels ok la. No hard selling all this rubbish. Although he told me my fan belt was loose but Ah Yuan say ok..so dunno maybe he mistaken or he trying to chop carrot I actually felt bad using his recommendations to go jb w/s and do for cheap cheap

Got another one wah very big time will create WhatsApp group and add you to it then got a lot of wayang. Then the recommended repairs the price list come out then I realise how big carrot these people like to cut I know my cars so I don't fall for any of their bs but it's funny to see them try.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #4888

Has anyone here done an ECU remap in JB? Thinking might do my 9yr old some good and help with FC a bit also if I get them to map to RON97.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #4889
High Supremacy Member

Depends on shop bro..I used a few of those Groupon/Fave voucher ones, got servicing for $19 also after I applied some coupons One of the shops the mech good, go through the undercarriage of the car with me explain things, show the leaks etc. Then when I told him going to scrap in 5 months he say just monitor oil levels ok la. No hard selling all this rubbish. Although he told me my fan belt was loose but Ah Yuan say ok..so dunno maybe he mistaken or he trying to chop carrot I actually felt bad using his recommendations to go jb w/s and do for cheap cheap

Got another one wah very big time will create WhatsApp group and add you to it then got a lot of wayang. Then the recommended repairs the price list come out then I realise how big carrot these people like to cut I know my cars so I don't fall for any of their bs but it's funny to see them try.
bro can pm me which ws to go.
i am thinking go this ws see what they chop me and do some checks lol

if don't change engine oil can check?

yah, i always see ah yuan and joseph ask them check certain part they always say okay. no spoil.
maybe jb culture is really spoil then change. wear and tear they dun really care

Last edited by sentsggirls; 08-12-2018 at 12:22 AM..
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:29 AM   #4890

bro can pm me which ws to go.
i am thinking go this ws see what they chop me and do some checks lol

if don't change engine oil can check?

yah, i always see ah yuan and joseph ask them check certain part they always say okay. no spoil.
maybe jb culture is really spoil then change. wear and tear they dun really care
PM'd

The service voucher usually includes the oil and filter for normal size jap car..
You can contact the shop mech direct to ask if he can just do a safety inspection without servicing. I'm sure he should be ok..they earn some money better than no money..

I told you in the PM how I tested it that the fan belt really not loose
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.