HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #5251

Hi guys, anyone changed your alarm system in JB before?
leeslayerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 12:40 AM   #5252

Oh means it's just a process need to follow, can diy, try this(starts at 0:37)-
Thanks bro. 10 char
Iamdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #5253
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys, anyone changed your alarm system in JB before?
Just go any car accessories shops.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #5254
Master Member

Turning heads everywhere. Really quite uncommon. From JB car wash area to Woodlands Customs Although I don't particularly like attention from ICA officers
I think the officers are able to see our car plate no. with the camera outside. Since it's lighted, it may look glaring on their screen? Nice Teana and lighted plate

Driven a rented 2.0L for Melaka-JB trip, definitely comfortable and not underpowered on the NSHW. FC is close I believe, due to its weight. Stable cruise at high speed and pickup is decent.

Maybe you can consider a rear anti-roll bar to counter the body roll?
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #5255

I think the officers are able to see our car plate no. with the camera outside. Since it's lighted, it may look glaring on their screen? Nice Teana and lighted plate

Maybe you can consider a rear anti-roll bar to counter the body roll?
It's the officers randomly walking around outside after the passport clearance, before and after secondary clearance, I noticed some were looking The ICA lady in the booth check passport didn't ask for my no. plate like they sometimes do if the camera not clear or car out of frame, just a big smile I also smile back la Hope no one kachau la, I know ICA can't care less but TP are a different story..

Ty sir, am loving it my stock plate was damaged also, like some clown knock then another clown take out, use hammer and knock back straight was annoying me daily

I was thinking of initially getting the 2L but I saw the power was the same or similar to my FD1 Civic and considering the body, I thought it could do with some extra pull. I'll probably do a trip up to KL, put it through its paces before my COE expires.

I was looking at stability bars actually, found some shops in Malaysia that do but a lot are in KL so have to ship it down, a bit lachey. Car also only left 9 months, decided if I find someone who's selling dekit used strut bars, I'll grab it, otherwise I'll stick to limiting my cornering since I've already established the limits of the car stock lol

Last edited by HellHunter; 26-12-2018 at 02:12 PM..
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #5256
High Supremacy Member

How come yours is PHV car?
Issit cheaper to buy PHV cars ? Or u driving grab?
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 02:40 PM   #5257
Master Member

Retain carplate and port over to next car

I did a final KL trip with my Forester NA before it goes to the scrapyard. Condition was rather bad but it survived, luckily!
Old 26-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #5258

How come yours is PHV car?
Issit cheaper to buy PHV cars ? Or u driving grab?
I drive grab to make the car free
Not worth to use to make money because of the FC..diminishing returns..

Retain carplate and port over to next car

I did a final KL trip with my Forester NA before it goes to the scrapyard. Condition was rather bad but it survived, luckily!
I might get the 3d chrome one for my next car..if have(in sg )
I want to have a wide variety of plates, my aus one I liked the most but the Lightrix one is competing firmly..Aus one is custom plate, black background, red numbers. I like black and red combi... a lot
Although I do like this plate, it's a running 3,4,5 with an extra 0 in the middle
NA Foresters are good can go.. the turbo one good chance on the way or on the way back, it'd have become an NA Last time my friend's Skyline went for a roadtrip a turbo Skyline and returned naturally aspirated..

Last edited by HellHunter; 26-12-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Old 26-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #5259

Damn comfy car u have
The electric footrest really gives the wow factor
Sat in one when I scrapped my car in kheng keng and the driver opened throttle a little.. Hehe

Just wondering.. Will u be renewing the COE? May be worth while repairing/replacing the motor?

No petrol leh. My car very thirsty

I haven't personally driven the equivalent Camry...at least not in many years.. Though some reviews I read, people say the Camry feels more antiquated. Toyota seems to like to stick to the script and isn't the most innovative in that sense. Lacks modernity. Not sure about current gen Camry though. The Teana front passenger seat actually has an electric footrest that can raise and lower, like a recliner chair, and the seat can go almost flat but my car the footrest motor is spoilt and I'm not paying to have it fixed Found that a nice touch, if it worked.

For the 180bhp have to take the 2.5L fc Worth it...I guess..I think 2L puts out abut 10km/l. Teana/Cefiro is actually just a badge thing..they're sold as Teana/Cefiro/Maxima depending on the market and same platform as the Altima. Cosmetic and some other differences.

For SG market the J31(03-08) and older was called Cefiro then the J32 and current model ones were called Teana. Sadly these cars are dying out thanks to petrol prices, road tax, emissions concerns and people just going for smaller, more A to B cars like the Sylphy.
rbth x 0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #5260

Damn comfy car u have
The electric footrest really gives the wow factor
Sat in one when I scrapped my car in kheng keng and the driver opened throttle a little.. Hehe

Just wondering.. Will u be renewing the COE? May be worth while repairing/replacing the motor?
Thanks I've always liked large sedans..my last car in Aus was also a large sedan although I had a lot more potential choices..just a lot more powerful It does have nice pull at the right rev ranges and the cvt just makes it go

I doubt I'll renew COE though because I'm not sure how long I'll be staying in sg so I've just been buying close to COE end PARF cars. If I was extending, it'd be one of the first things I look into getting fixed. My previous FD1 Civic only had 5 months to go to scrap when I got it but daily depre was super low after PARF rebate factored in, less than OPC
Old 26-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #5261
Master Member

I drive grab to make the car free
Not worth to use to make money because of the FC..diminishing returns..

I might get the 3d chrome one for my next car..if have(in sg )
I want to have a wide variety of plates, my aus one I liked the most but the Lightrix one is competing firmly..Aus one is custom plate, black background, red numbers. I like black and red combi... a lot
Although I do like this plate, it's a running 3,4,5 with an extra 0 in the middle
NA Foresters are good can go.. the turbo one good chance on the way or on the way back, it'd have become an NA Last time my friend's Skyline went for a roadtrip a turbo Skyline and returned naturally aspirated..
Can go.. not very economical. Entering KL and it's already 3/4 tank gone

Yes, FC is bad for my case as well! I was also using the FNA for Grab to cover cost. Well of course everyone wondered why I use that car to drive Grab; can't profit for sure.
Old 26-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #5262
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah that's quite bad. I managed Penang - Kulai on a single tank recently in my Stream, about 700 KM.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 07:45 PM   #5263

any other recommended paint shop

hi all,

Does anyone have a recommended paint shop for full car re-spray/paint in JB? Apparently BTS business is so good that they can't take my job..

Appreciate.
chirpydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #5264

hi all,

Does anyone have a recommended paint shop for full car re-spray/paint in JB? Apparently BTS business is so good that they can't take my job..

Appreciate.
BTS said too busy? I suspect year end a lot of these shops won't take on new jobs till next year.. Can try contacting this one to check:
+60167751555

Located at Tampoi
Old 26-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #5265

Can go.. not very economical. Entering KL and it's already 3/4 tank gone

Yes, FC is bad for my case as well! I was also using the FNA for Grab to cover cost. Well of course everyone wondered why I use that car to drive Grab; can't profit for sure.
Wah eh boxer engine no joke on fuel. Hahaha sounds nice though
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.