Old 03-01-2019, 09:25 AM   #5417
High Supremacy Member

What is lock tech?
The first original brake + ignition lock

https://youtu.be/p5Qb_LwQbPc

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #5418

Went JB yesterday as no jam. Wanted to go CarClick to install lowered spring and bar but never go as Wife complain go to much workshop

After shopping at City Square Mall, went D’Lux for car wash at 9:30pm
Took up the 30Rm meguair wash, car clean clean and very bright.
About 20mins job for a car wash interior and exterior.

By far I think is the value for money wash.
D’Lux change lady Liao? Now is slim lady with a young kid inside.

Reach there no car so no need waiting.

Anyone try opti coat? For what purpose sia.

I'm thinking of going to DLux to do polishing and waxing. How long will it take usually? Is it safe to leave my car with them and I go and shop and eat then come back to collect the car? Thanks.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #5419
Supremacy Member

Is it safe to leave my car with them and I go and shop and eat then come back to collect the car? Thanks.
No comment on DLux but repeat after me;
"Trust no one oversea, especially in JB".

My opinion, if you want save money doing in JB be prepared to waste your time looking after it, else you may end up polishing someone else car....
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #5420
Master Member

I'm thinking of going to DLux to do polishing and waxing. How long will it take usually? Is it safe to leave my car with them and I go and shop and eat then come back to collect the car? Thanks.
PLEASE PLEASE & PLEASE, make sure your ride, valuable and family members are not out of your sight.... Not just in JB, but also in whichever countries you visit.

Downtime easily up to 6 hrs. PM them to confirm the downtime. Though i still rem they accept walk in.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #5421

No comment on DLux but repeat after me;
"Trust no one oversea, especially in JB".

My opinion, if you want save money doing in JB be prepared to waste your time looking after it, else you may end up polishing someone else car....
PLEASE PLEASE & PLEASE, make sure your ride, valuable and family members are not out of your sight.... Not just in JB, but also in whichever countries you visit.

Downtime easily up to 6 hrs. PM them to confirm the downtime. Though i still rem they accept walk in.
Thank you. I'll replan my schedule and errands. I've booked hotel to stay for the night, so I've plenty of time. I thought if I've the option not to hang around and 'pressure' or 'observe' how other people work then I'll go off and do other things.
I'm quite impressed by the reviews of DLux online. Some of the JB car wash told me they can do the polishing in one hour. Seems like every shop has a different standard for around the same price.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #5422
Supremacy Member

I thought if I've the option not to hang around and 'pressure' or 'observe' how other people work then I'll go off and do other things.
Hhmmm if the job is done well, believe there is nothing to hide ba.
Just be there to watch but not asking this/that ba.

Why is it important to be around? Unless you don't hand your key to them and just park your car there for polishing, it will be way much safer.

Else few hours later, 'someone' may be pretending as your car owner or said collect on behalf and drive your car off.
If this happened, what can you do but LLST.

So be vigilant and look after your own property.
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #5423
High Supremacy Member

The decision the bosses make is along the lines of, if increase price, how many customers will stop coming vs how much more revenue from increased price. So if they have 10 regulars each doing competitively priced work for average $100 each month, they make $1000 but if they increase price by 30% they will make $130 each and if they lose 2 regulars, they still make $1040, scaled up to how much work they really do.. Can be a lot.. Those that know pricing and carrot pricing will stop going but majority hear reputed name they'll go without comparing. The shops also usually do this when they can afford to lose business because they are already turning people away cos too many jobs.

Yeh, it boils down to the honesty and integrity of the boss.. If they get greedy then it's bound to happen.. That said, I just went to Sheng and Jackson is really a top notch guy. Very honest and humble. Even though he told me my job roughly rm150, when he did he came and told me only need rm80 because the job no complications. If he'd not said anything also I'd have just paid the rm150 and been OK.

Can buy car wash package also bro, cheaper. I bought regular wash one, the rm15 one, 8 washes plus 1 free so 9 total for rm100 so only rm11 each. They have package for Meguiars one also I think rm200 for 9 washes, but have to confirm.
The slim lady with kid is Steven's wife I think

That's one thing I really like about D'Lux, little to no queue the workers also are thorough.

Opticoat is paint protection. It protects the paint from bird sh¡t, prevents dirt buildup. Makes the car very easy to wash and when wash it'll look like new(if your paint was good when you did it). It's basically a sacrificial layer on the outside like wax but can last 3-5yrs depending on the labour and product. Gives the car a nice, very smooth, glass like finish. They were having end of year promo.. Dunno still have or not rm840 for sedan.
Okay, next time go will ask the slim lady if got meguair packages.
Prefer meguair wash.

Optic coat think I will wait first.
Will go BTS do touch up and polishing first.
Mine still okay as I got ownself clean clean abit when kana bird ****

Using turtle wash n wax hacking
Pour some inside spray water bottle and clean up using micro fibre cloth then finish up by using dry cloth.

The bad thing is D’Lux close early. Not like those 10rm type.
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #5424
High Supremacy Member

Thank you. I'll replan my schedule and errands. I've booked hotel to stay for the night, so I've plenty of time. I thought if I've the option not to hang around and 'pressure' or 'observe' how other people work then I'll go off and do other things.
I'm quite impressed by the reviews of DLux online. Some of the JB car wash told me they can do the polishing in one hour. Seems like every shop has a different standard for around the same price.
Best is stay there to see what they are doing.
If u leave your car there, they might take shortcuts.

Apply to car wash and workshop.
Stay and see what they are doing at least you know they not taking shortcut.

Anyway is stay for 30mins then say u go buy thing nearby be back in 30mins.
But is go shopping 2 hours then come back.

This also will make them fear and dunno when u come back.

The only place I leave my car before is to ah yuan and Jospeh.
They will WhatsApp u when car ready for collect.

If you go to the shop often then should be okay.
Else just stay at the shop be sercuirty guard
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #5425
High Supremacy Member

Hhmmm if the job is done well, believe there is nothing to hide ba.
Just be there to watch but not asking this/that ba.

Why is it important to be around? Unless you don't hand your key to them and just park your car there for polishing, it will be way much safer.

Else few hours later, 'someone' may be pretending as your car owner or said collect on behalf and drive your car off.
If this happened, what can you do but LLST.

So be vigilant and look after your own property.
Happened many times before around New York hotel area. Owner goes back to collect car but someone else already collected the car LOL

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #5426
Master Member

Best is stay there to see what they are doing.
If u leave your car there, they might take shortcuts.

Apply to car wash and workshop.
Stay and see what they are doing at least you know they not taking shortcut.

Anyway is stay for 30mins then say u go buy thing nearby be back in 30mins.
But is go shopping 2 hours then come back.

This also will make them fear and dunno when u come back.

The only place I leave my car before is to ah yuan and Jospeh.
They will WhatsApp u when car ready for collect.

If you go to the shop often then should be okay.
Else just stay at the shop be sercuirty guard
Agreed when you and the workshop boss are familiar and you are comfortable with leaving your ride with them.
Normally, car wash wont take more than 45mins unless for more detailed job.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #5427
Master Member

Okay, next time go will ask the slim lady if got meguair packages.
Prefer meguair wash.

Optic coat think I will wait first.
Will go BTS do touch up and polishing first.
Mine still okay as I got ownself clean clean abit when kana bird ****

Using turtle wash n wax hacking
Pour some inside spray water bottle and clean up using micro fibre cloth then finish up by using dry cloth.

The bad thing is D’Lux close early. Not like those 10rm type.
I rem... Meguair wash package have. Something like buy 8 times free 1 time...
Old 03-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #5428
Great Supremacy Member

/ snipfer
For wax/polish/detailing, need ur advise

I park at open space under hot sun.
And i dont wash on own.
Usually, snowash at jb only.

So, shld i proceed with grooming?
Vehicle is slz, april 2018
Leave No Men Behind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #5429

/ snipfer
For wax/polish/detailing, need ur advise

I park at open space under hot sun.
And i dont wash on own.
Usually, snowash at jb only.

So, shld i proceed with grooming?
Vehicle is slz, april 2018
should la.. then will shine nice nice thru CNY lo.. Huat Arh!
HondaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:26 PM   #5430

Went to CarClick yesterday. Due to miscomm with Singapore stockist, I got to run around in Singapore a bit before departing for JB. Reached CarClick at 2 plus. Car handed over to Ah Hong and he started work on my car right away. There were a few Malaysian cars that were being worked on, probably waiting for parts.

Work done: replace EO, EO filter, air filter, spark plugs, CVT fluid, CVT filter, rear shocks pair, brake fluid, coolant. Also did alignment. Labour fee total rm235. Parts some i bring some they source oem parts which I'm ok with. All in took 3.5 hours.

They spotted the CVT fluid I brought was wrong spec. Turned out there are 2 Toyota CVT fluid with very similar packaging. He sourced the correct fluid for me. It is slightly more expensive than getting direct from stockist but not exorbitantly so. Acceptable mark up.

Very good experience overall.
squallgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.