HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree438Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 03:32 PM   #5431

[QUOTE=xVrooMx;118433271]Just some info for you guys. When to Carclick last week to fix my suspension. Did a check in SG and was told to change quite a number of parts (Absorber, linkage, linkage bush, lower arm, absorber mount, stopper) but Ah Yuan say some of those parts I mentioned still working well, end up only change absorber, linkage and linkage bush. 1 week passed, so far so good. =D He really helped me to save quite alot/QUOTE]

Just want to add that for my case Ah Hong saw the shock bush spoilt, and recommended to change. So they will check and change if necessary.

Anyway Singapore also has good workshops that don't ask you to change parts that are still ok. But they are still more exp. What to do, rent and labour more exp in Sgp.
squallgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #5432
Master Member

Went to CarClick yesterday. Due to miscomm with Singapore stockist, I got to run around in Singapore a bit before departing for JB. Reached CarClick at 2 plus. Car handed over to Ah Hong and he started work on my car right away. There were a few Malaysian cars that were being worked on, probably waiting for parts.

Work done: replace EO, EO filter, air filter, spark plugs, CVT fluid, CVT filter, rear shocks pair, brake fluid, coolant. Also did alignment. Labour fee total rm235. Parts some i bring some they source oem parts which I'm ok with. All in took 3.5 hours.

They spotted the CVT fluid I brought was wrong spec. Turned out there are 2 Toyota CVT fluid with very similar packaging. He sourced the correct fluid for me. It is slightly more expensive than getting direct from stockist but not exorbitantly so. Acceptable mark up.

Very good experience overall.
Good price for the damage....
Take a photo of the correct parts and fluid which they sourced locally for you then next time you wont go wrong. I always do that.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #5433
Supremacy Member

I honestly don't find Carclick that cheap, but my benchmark is Hawk Tayer which charges a slight premium over smaller workshops so if both of them quote roughly the same, i will still support Carclick where I can. After all workshops are in business to earn some money.
Can you list what you find carclick ex? I keep see some ppl here say carclick ex but no list down what you do and price? Personally I find the labour cost he charges the lowest among the 3-4 workshop I enquire in JB before plus ah yuan really fast hand fast leg
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:57 PM   #5434
Master Member

I honestly don't find Carclick that cheap, but my benchmark is Hawk Tayer which charges a slight premium over smaller workshops so if both of them quote roughly the same, i will still support Carclick where I can. After all workshops are in business to earn some money.
Unless they chop you kao kao and worst the price just like in sg, then sure ban this workshop.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #5435

Went to CarClick yesterday. Due to miscomm with Singapore stockist, I got to run around in Singapore a bit before departing for JB. Reached CarClick at 2 plus. Car handed over to Ah Hong and he started work on my car right away. There were a few Malaysian cars that were being worked on, probably waiting for parts.

Work done: replace EO, EO filter, air filter, spark plugs, CVT fluid, CVT filter, rear shocks pair, brake fluid, coolant. Also did alignment. Labour fee total rm235. Parts some i bring some they source oem parts which I'm ok with. All in took 3.5 hours.

They spotted the CVT fluid I brought was wrong spec. Turned out there are 2 Toyota CVT fluid with very similar packaging. He sourced the correct fluid for me. It is slightly more expensive than getting direct from stockist but not exorbitantly so. Acceptable mark up.
Very good experience overall.
i replaced my front absorber + brake pad + normal servicing last mid Dec. I can tell you had a good steal/deal..

did you get original toyota cvt fluid ??? FE or TC ?? how much ??

Thanks
chirpydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #5436

Many here recommends BTS painting workshop.
U can whatsapp mr bon, +60129806665 for a quote
I buzzed BTS last week or two.... Bon says he can't take in any more jobs...
chirpydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:54 PM   #5437

I'm thinking of going to DLux to do polishing and waxing. How long will it take usually? Is it safe to leave my car with them and I go and shop and eat then come back to collect the car? Thanks.
For my car, I dropped it off at about 3.30pm and hung around a short while. Left at 4pm to go Giant across the road. Came back at 8pm(they'd told me 3hrs or so) and they were still doing. Waited another 30-40mins.

The estimate time is 3hours for polish and wax but depends on your car paint. Mine was bad condition so took them longer. They seem to do the job properly, no fixed timing cutoff where they spend a certain amount of time on the car then move on.

After hanging around there for a bit, I deemed D'Lux to be safe. They only have like 3 or 4 workers so it's not like those petrol station rm10 car wash where they got anywhere from 5-10 guys working at any one time. That one they may not know who the owner is and have been reported to give the key to thieves. Idiots have even, at times, tried to give me someone else's key. Wasted not Maserati or what, I'd trade in.
There are some rm10 car washes that have implemented anti-theft measures such as issuing key rings for the key so only the person who gave the key can take it back. D'Lux doesn't have that though but I don't think they need it.
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:56 PM   #5438
Master Member

Gonna search for second workshop that does paint job....
Old 03-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #5439

Gonna search for second workshop that does paint job....
I suspect end of year tends to be a backlog period for many spray shops. I figure it's a combination of factors like more people booking cars in for long repair/spray work in December(overseas trip etc, affected less by downtime) and perhaps some of their workers might go a break during this period too?
Old 03-01-2019, 05:27 PM   #5440

Can you list what you find carclick ex? I keep see some ppl here say carclick ex but no list down what you do and price? Personally I find the labour cost he charges the lowest among the 3-4 workshop I enquire in JB before plus ah yuan really fast hand fast leg
Personally, I wouldn't say ex. Just not dirt cheap. Which is logical for the quality of work done. It's very fair, imo. A lot of my price comparisons are from when Ah Yuan was at LCH Bros so not sure if still the same but I find sometimes his stockist prices for certain parts(OEM also) can be a bit more.

My rear wheel bearing Ah Yuan quoted was RM380 genuine/RM280 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. I got done at my alternate workshop that I find equal quality and skill, TS Motor, as their quote was RM330 genuine/RM230 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. RM50 not very much when converted to SGD but it's a third of my petrol tank refilled there.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #5441
High Supremacy Member

/ snipfer
For wax/polish/detailing, need ur advise

I park at open space under hot sun.
And i dont wash on own.
Usually, snowash at jb only.

So, shld i proceed with grooming?
Vehicle is slz, april 2018
under the hot sun 365 days .... only this works

YorYor and xVrooMx like this.
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #5442
Great Supremacy Member

U Chut liao???
should la.. then will shine nice nice thru CNY lo.. Huat Arh!
"/
Means wat?
'/
under the hot sun 365 days .... only this works

Leave No Men Behind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:36 PM   #5443
Supremacy Member

Personally, I wouldn't say ex. Just not dirt cheap. Which is logical for the quality of work done. It's very fair, imo. A lot of my price comparisons are from when Ah Yuan was at LCH Bros so not sure if still the same but I find sometimes his stockist prices for certain parts(OEM also) can be a bit more.

My rear wheel bearing Ah Yuan quoted was RM380 genuine/RM280 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. I got done at my alternate workshop that I find equal quality and skill, TS Motor, as their quote was RM330 genuine/RM230 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. RM50 not very much when converted to SGD but it's a third of my petrol tank refilled there.
So am I right to say if you don't bring your own parts, ah yuan can be more ex? That reasonable as JB parts usually more ex then at due to their taxes if I not wrong. But labour it seems really one of the cheapest Liao. Anyway, if want cheapest parts, taobao should be unbeatable but buy at your own risk.

Sure rm50 is actually alot. Can have a very decent complete meal or even go for 1 hour massage. Haha
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:47 PM   #5444
High Supremacy Member

So am I right to say if you don't bring your own parts, ah yuan can be more ex? That reasonable as JB parts usually more ex then at due to their taxes if I not wrong. But labour it seems really one of the cheapest Liao. Anyway, if want cheapest parts, taobao should be unbeatable but buy at your own risk.

Sure rm50 is actually alot. Can have a very decent complete meal or even go for 1 hour massage. Haha
Even if CarClick up its labour fee by 10-20%, I will still go support them as itís been a year since people here intro ah yuan.

Sometimes is good to have the same Mechanic to do your car then keep changing a few. Same mech will know and remember your car condition and parts replaced.

Yes I do agree CarClick parts the price abit more expensive compare to last time. I do keep a record when ah yuan quote me price and I see a bit of increase compare to last time when he still at LCH Brothers.

But where to find alignment 25RM And Balacing for 1 Tyre at 5RM

Every time my car enter CarClick, this 2 sure do
sentsggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:19 PM   #5445
Master Member

Even if CarClick up its labour fee by 10-20%, I will still go support them as itís been a year since people here intro ah yuan.

Sometimes is good to have the same Mechanic to do your car then keep changing a few. Same mech will know and remember your car condition and parts replaced.

Yes I do agree CarClick parts the price abit more expensive compare to last time. I do keep a record when ah yuan quote me price and I see a bit of increase compare to last time when he still at LCH Brothers.

But where to find alignment 25RM And Balacing for 1 Tyre at 5RM

Every time my car enter CarClick, this 2 sure do
I almost every month also go CarClick Until the lch bros xmm went to visit them one day also recognise me liao

Recently a friend went to We One KSL. Prices are still ok (maybe cuz he do so many things tgt), but they ask my friend to change unnecessary parts loh.

1 ABS sensor down ask him to change all 4, total close to RM1K Aiyo... is there a need to chop people like that.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.