HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #5641
Supremacy Member

Yea, Carclick I think now only Ah Yuan handling. Gonna be very busy and understaffed. He say wan text me engine mount price also forgot hahaha...
Just opened few months + location quite ulu + bigger and established workshop next door, can reach this busy state means he is really very good!
skai_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #5642

Just opened few months + location quite ulu + bigger and established workshop next door, can reach this busy state means he is really very good!

Yup agreed! I think a lot msia car goes there also..
xVrooMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #5643
Supremacy Member

I've actually seen a number of sg cars in that big workshop with the green board. Got sg TypeR also sometimes I'm tempted to try them out. Might contact them actually to see how they quote. Ah Yuan looks like too busy liao.. Msg him no reply.. I was going to try LCH Batteries and Tyres cos they gave me a fair quote but got delayed at Sheng yesterday.
How is LCH Batteries and Tyres?

Going there change tyres?
messi1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #5644
Master Member

Wah lau eh.... $50 EO say cheapo, guess this thread is not for you bro.... lolz
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #5645
Supremacy Member

Wah lau eh.... $50 EO say cheapo, guess this thread is not for you bro.... lolz
Just saying nia...
Old 23-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #5646
Master Member

Just saying nia...
Want my carlube? I have 2 btls to let go

Note: I'm serious ah. Overstocked too many Shell Helix & other engine oil liao.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #5647
Master Member

Just saying nia...
Carousell, ppl selling Bosch EO at $30/4L bottle, PWP: Bosch filters from $4-$8.
Sound atas? Bosch leh.....
Old 23-01-2019, 02:45 PM   #5648
Supremacy Member

Carousell, ppl selling Bosch EO at $30/4L bottle, PWP: Bosch filters from $4-$8.
Sound atas? Bosch leh.....
I wish to try.. Never try before.. Got link?
Old 23-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #5649
Master Member

I wish to try.. Never try before.. Got link?
Just go into app, search for Bosch engine oil can liao. Collection at AMK

https://sg.carousell.com/p/%F0%9F%93...jaL8so1gRKLg0I
Old 23-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #5650

How is LCH Batteries and Tyres?

Going there change tyres?
Haven't had the chance to go yet, might try tomorrow. I'm not doing tyres though, have to replace a leaking power steering pump.

Want my carlube? I have 2 btls to let go

Note: I'm serious ah. Overstocked too many Shell Helix & other engine oil liao.
I actually wanted to try carlube to see how it feels for my engine. NTUC had promo last month but I didn't get a chance to go down.. you have the 5L bottles? How much?
HellHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 03:41 PM   #5651

Haven't had the chance to go yet, might try tomorrow. I'm not doing tyres though, have to replace a leaking power steering pump.
Let me know how much bro.. my power steering pump leaking also
funky05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #5652

Let me know how much bro.. my power steering pump leaking also
LCH Batteries and Tyres quoted me RM120 for the labour bro, I supply part. If get part from them it varies quite a bit depending if genuine, OEM, used part. If you car not left long and you don't mind used I managed to find a scrapyard in JB that sources all their parts from half cuts of SG cars. Cheap parts, how long it'll last is a ? Although excellent for panel parts/lamps etc. I got my power steering pump used for RM280.

LCH batteries and tyres had quoted RM500 for used part with labour, CarClick when I'd dropped by a week back was RM580. I got LTEN PRO to quote but the quote was a bit arbitrary over the phone..he like didn't have a figure so just agar and said RM200 for labour, I supply part. Hawk Tayar said must bring down and supervisor can quote in store. I might pop by one of their outlets on the way to LCH Batteries and tyres to see how they quote since their labour quite standard.

One odd thing though, my ps fluid reservoir had started dropping and I'd have to top up after parked overnight. Had it checked, power steering pump leaking. After a few days of leaking while I sourced the pump, the last few days, ps fluid reservoir has been the same level..super weird..now I have a used ps pump in my boot and am unsure if to replace. I'll let the workshops have a second look and determine what's going on..can't do much without getting under the car.

Last edited by HellHunter; 23-01-2019 at 04:04 PM..
Old 23-01-2019, 05:06 PM   #5653
Master Member

LCH Batteries and Tyres quoted me RM120 for the labour bro, I supply part. If get part from them it varies quite a bit depending if genuine, OEM, used part. If you car not left long and you don't mind used I managed to find a scrapyard in JB that sources all their parts from half cuts of SG cars. Cheap parts, how long it'll last is a ? Although excellent for panel parts/lamps etc. I got my power steering pump used for RM280.

LCH batteries and tyres had quoted RM500 for used part with labour, CarClick when I'd dropped by a week back was RM580. I got LTEN PRO to quote but the quote was a bit arbitrary over the phone..he like didn't have a figure so just agar and said RM200 for labour, I supply part. Hawk Tayar said must bring down and supervisor can quote in store. I might pop by one of their outlets on the way to LCH Batteries and tyres to see how they quote since their labour quite standard.

One odd thing though, my ps fluid reservoir had started dropping and I'd have to top up after parked overnight. Had it checked, power steering pump leaking. After a few days of leaking while I sourced the pump, the last few days, ps fluid reservoir has been the same level..super weird..now I have a used ps pump in my boot and am unsure if to replace. I'll let the workshops have a second look and determine what's going on..can't do much without getting under the car.
Maybe the rust/dirt inside the PS system some how clogged up the leaking point, then leakage stopped
Just my wild guess.
HellHunter likes this.
Old 23-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #5654

Maybe the rust/dirt inside the PS system some how clogged up the leaking point, then leakage stopped
Just my wild guess.
that was my guess also...something might have clogged it..at first I thought maybe water from the rain plus dust/dirt combined and dried to form a sort of paste on the outside. Will check again later this evening to see if any drop in the reservoir.
Old 23-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #5655

My SG workshop said my power steering pump is slowly leaking but not urgent.. this was in Oct 2018 but still I wanna get it done..

I think parts I may get from Ming Ghee and go LCH (near prata shop) to do.. I did my gasket there, very clean job.
funky05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.