HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree425Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #556
Master Member

Many chop carrot shops at KSL area lor. If you want walk around

The one I go regularly is rather out of the way at kempas but cheap + professional. nothing for you to walk around though
bro any recommended shop address info at kempas?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Supersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #557
Master Member

Got friend went jb to fix his car. But come back SG car got worst. Agent show him his car got many parts got switched, car gone cast. Dunt ask what wkshop or parts, I'm not a car person, he berry tu LAN, car beyond economic repair. For me I think change tire,wiper,oil,spark plug should be OK but not major better go back agent if still got warranty
Bro please let us know the garage you friend went, if inconvenience to state here please pm me! going in JB for servicing
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 28-05-2017, 04:02 AM   #558

Bro please let us know the garage you friend went, if inconvenience to state here please pm me! going in JB for servicing
that sounds jialiat. u wanna service car go reliable workshop like YS or LCH, i left my cars over night with both before no issues.... left a 125i there before overnight as well, still powerful lol. But i must highlight that the swapping out of spareparts i heard of such stories 15-20 years ago but in the last 10 years never heard of anyone kena such things before even though i work in JB or KL, however if it happened *15-20 years ago maybe could happen but those are confirm not legit workshops those are crooks. However base on what this brother is saying we are unable to establish if the friend's car is a second hand car or a brand new car that he has all along.

Recently helped a friend - my friend's dad bought a second hand Nissan less than a month before he passed away in his sleep, when we check the car some parts were oem and giving problems send back to Tan Chong to change back to original parts cost over a thousand to get it fixed and replace.... second hand car not sure agent crook or the previous owner a cheapskate or his Sg mechanic (got the servicing label) is a crook

Anyway those unfamiliar just hang around and watch the workshop work
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by laksafan; 28-05-2017 at 04:08 AM..
laksafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #559
Master Member

Bro laksafan. Do you know if ah Chen or ah yuan is well versed with diesel vans? My bro has a Toyota hiace Long wheelbase and he maybe able to get Malaysia road tax and insurance so may intend to service his van there. Problem is , I have never seen them working on diesel vans. I know it's more or less the same but it would be good if they know how to work on these euro 5 engines. They are so sensitive and the electronics sometimes give you headache.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #560

Intending to change my honda fit's gearbox but not too sure if my car can tahan the trip to JB. Any tolling service from SG to JB to recommend?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
SkyNet_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #561
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sheng auto.
Search for it inside Google map or Facebook. Kempas area.
92, Jalan Bukit Kempas 1/18, Taman Bukit Kempas,
Johor Bahru

Tell the brothers it's the big mpv from sg who intro you. Make sure they do good job

~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by snipfer; 28-05-2017 at 01:56 PM..
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #562
Master Member

Intending to change my honda fit's gearbox but not too sure if my car can tahan the trip to JB. Any tolling service from SG to JB to recommend?
Your jb workshop will have contacts to that. Make sure you print your vehicle log card and pass it to the tow truck driver. I think it's around 600 rm.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 11:17 PM   #563
Master Member

KSL area all chop sg cars.
RENTAL too high equates higher selling cost
gonna agreed some of ah wee workshop quote is very ex compared to sg, my friend ask for samurai lip they quoted RM160 where can get in carsouell sgd $45 inclusive of installation at owner's carpark
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 05:47 AM   #564

yup saw them did school bus, van, tow trucks and lorry before... but diesel car they did less than 5

Bro laksafan. Do you know if ah Chen or ah yuan is well versed with diesel vans? My bro has a Toyota hiace Long wheelbase and he maybe able to get Malaysia road tax and insurance so may intend to service his van there. Problem is , I have never seen them working on diesel vans. I know it's more or less the same but it would be good if they know how to work on these euro 5 engines. They are so sensitive and the electronics sometimes give you headache.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
laksafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #565

gonna agreed some of ah wee workshop quote is very ex compared to sg, my friend ask for samurai lip they quoted RM160 where can get in carsouell sgd $45 inclusive of installation at owner's carpark
Samurai lip from taobao less than 15 bucks I think.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
walkofwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #566
Arch-Supremacy Member

I always buy my stuffs from Taobao and get them fix in JB.
Same product but inferior quality sg still more expensive. Some even 10~20 times of Taobao price yet cheapo quality.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #567
Supremacy Member

They selling people who 'trust' them lo or those who dont do their homework and always think everything is suppose to be 'cheap'in JB.

Never like to go there after asking him for quote once for installing alarm.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #568
Arch-Supremacy Member

Avoid KSL area and those at the main road Lebuhraya Tebrau, the main road before you turn to go to KSL or Sentosa. 99% are chop carrot shop.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #569
Master Member

Sheng auto.
Search for it inside Google map or Facebook. Kempas area.
92, Jalan Bukit Kempas 1/18, Taman Bukit Kempas,
Johor Bahru

Tell the brothers it's the big mpv from sg who intro you. Make sure they do good job
do they do door soundproofing? cuz im thinking of installing new speakers n head units, might as well do together.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #570
Supremacy Member

Avoid KSL area and those at the main road Lebuhraya Tebrau, the main road before you turn to go to KSL or Sentosa. 99% are chop carrot shop.
I understand some like to do it there because they dont like to sit inside workshop to wait.

So get their car done when going KSL to shop.
But little did they know, the moment they parked there, they are being robbed 😂

Yet again, the car is still there.....
~Dragonite~ likes this.
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.