HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #5791
Master Member

In general, EO and filter change at your 20k.
The rest would be check for W & T parts like pads. Check SP, top up fluid and then road test. JB workshops wont follow a strict list of replacement parts like AD in Singapore.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #5792

In general, EO and filter change at your 20k.
The rest would be check for W & T parts like pads. Check SP, top up fluid and then road test. JB workshops wont follow a strict list of replacement parts like AD in Singapore.
thks for the reply. how abt the battery, alignment?
freshmeat143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #5793
Master Member

thks for the reply. how abt the battery, alignment?
Can include wheel rotation too. You should rem when was the last time you replace a battery. I do it every 12 month. The used one usually the workshop oredi factored in as trade in when you decided to replace a new piece, else sell it over at carousell. Hehe.
Old 19-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #5794

Can include wheel rotation too. You should rem when was the last time you replace a battery. I do it every 12 month. The used one usually the workshop oredi factored in as trade in when you decided to replace a new piece, else sell it over at carousell. Hehe.
mine 1 is off peak car, dont think need to change the battery every 12 month.
myviowner likes this.
Old 19-02-2019, 05:16 PM   #5795
Master Member

mine 1 is off peak car, dont think need to change the battery every 12 month.
In this case, fluid change more critical. Engine oil.
Old 19-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #5796
High Supremacy Member

guys, tire rotation rm10 ok anot?

this was in melaka. i was drinking kopi and happen to talk to this guy who works as a mech across the street. was talking to him about cars and i suddenly rem i forgot to rotate tires during my oil change in dec. so drove over and he did it for me.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 05:21 PM   #5797
Master Member

this was in melaka. i was drinking kopi and happen to talk to this guy who works as a mech across the street. was talking to him about cars and i suddenly rem i forgot to rotate tires during my oil change in dec. so drove over and he did it for me.
Dirt Cheap. Basically, remove and install. No brains job. If you have a jack, can DIY too. But again is a SGD $ 3.3333, just give him this job.
koolaid likes this.
Old 19-02-2019, 05:27 PM   #5798
High Supremacy Member

Dirt Cheap. Basically, remove and install. No brains job. If you have a jack, can DIY too. But again is a SGD $ 3.3333, just give him this job.
ya, he told me rm10 and i immediately ask him can do now anot. lol. i think he thought i was local until he saw my sg plate... ha...
Old 19-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #5799

Does tire rotation mean swapping between back n front?
Old 19-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #5800

ya, he told me rm10 and i immediately ask him can do now anot. lol. i think he thought i was local until he saw my sg plate... ha...
Wa price of my JB car wash. Dunno if Malacca practice the SG plate "premium surcharge" policy or not.
The most say you are SG PR so still considered local. For me I can't speak Malay, Chinese CMI in SG, go JB the Chinese service staff speak to me in English 30 seconds into the conversation. No choice go Malaysia sure kana pay "Sinkie surcharge", sometimes just to get them to say a few keywords in English.

That's why now I tell the kids being able to speak proper Mandarin is very important and not just get by with mixing a bit of English into Mandarin conversations.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #5801
High Supremacy Member

Does tire rotation mean swapping between back n front?
for me, i will ask the mech to move front left to rear right, front right to rear left, rear right to front right and rear left to front left.

if your front and rear different size, then just swap left and right.

my exp with most mech is they will just move the front to the rear, vice versa.
Old 19-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #5802
High Supremacy Member

Wa price of my JB car wash. Dunno if Malacca practice the SG plate "premium surcharge" policy or not.
The most say you are SG PR so still considered local. For me I can't speak Malay, Chinese CMI in SG, go JB the Chinese service staff speak to me in English 30 seconds into the conversation. No choice go Malaysia sure kana pay "Sinkie surcharge", sometimes just to get them to say a few keywords in English.

That's why now I tell the kids being able to speak proper Mandarin is very important and not just get by with mixing a bit of English into Mandarin conversations.
try to read thru this thread. a lot of sharing on which shop is trusted. ah yuan is one of them. for ice, lighting, accy... sheng auto. body stuff, btss. and more.

when u go to these shops, u go with a peace of mind. no need to second guess. no need to worry about paying premium. if not sure, always whatsapp the shop staff and check first.

but always good to speak in their language or accent if u can. i think most people will usually appreciate it. may be they have the impression u are local, so they wont any how qoute. ha.
Old 19-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #5803

for me, i will ask the mech to move front left to rear right, front right to rear left, rear right to front right and rear left to front left.

if your front and rear different size, then just swap left and right.

my exp with most mech is they will just move the front to the rear, vice versa.
Not applicable to directional tyres...>😅
koolaid likes this.
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 08:34 PM   #5804
High Supremacy Member

Not applicable to directional tyres...>😅
yup...
Old 19-02-2019, 08:42 PM   #5805
High Supremacy Member

Not applicable to directional tyres...>�
Change to non directional tyres.
Directional tyres are just too troublesome for me.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
koolaid likes this.
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.