Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

ricardo_

Reaction score
Currently using Honda Jazz 2015 model and planning to find a regular car service at JB. Say that Sheng auto is most recommended. Can i just do a walk in? or Need to book for appointment?

I texted honda AD in malaysia for servicing and they say that they dont allow to service singapore cars. Is that true?

Thanks a bunch

Last edited:

DouBleB

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The one I went is near Giant Plentong. Although I can get there but dunno the address.

Other than changing belt, what other services are u looking for? If I did before, can let u know how much I paid so can use that as ref and find a similarly priced WS. Avoid WS too near the custom, try areas like Dedap, Rosmerah, Permas Jaya etc

I'm driving a Hyundai and usu bought my parts from stockist or online, go to the north for labor charges only. If car is more atas, labor charges may differ..
Can I know the location through screen shot? Or a pointer nearby cafe or makan place ?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using Honda Jazz 2015 model and planning to find a regular car service at JB. Say that Sheng auto is most recommended. Can i just do a walk in? or Need to book for appointment?

I texted honda AD in malaysia for servicing and they say that they dont allow to service singapore cars. Is that true?

Thanks a bunch
Sheng Auto is mainly for car accessories and car air con repair. Not for the usual body repair or engine oil change.
They just shifted to a bigger premises not too far from their current shop. Yes, appointment is recommended as many SG cars are heading to him. Am going there tml. If you need check about accessories, PM me. I can help you check with him.
Else call/whatsapp Jackson directly: +60167035250

For mechanical repairs and maintenance servicing, refer to my earlier post on that workshop i usually goes to workshops at Permas Jaya. Concept is like Sin ming in SG.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I know the location through screen shot? Or a pointer nearby cafe or makan place ?
I roughly know where he meant as i also frequent Giant Plentong. There isn't a nearby cafe. What i can suggest to you is GPS to Giant Plentong, then explore from there.

DouBleB

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I roughly know where he meant as i also frequent Giant Plentong. There isn't a nearby cafe. What i can suggest to you is GPS to Giant Plentong, then explore from there.
Can share the nearby landmark or something? Want to explore the workshop

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks a bunch

Regular car servicing in Johor is comparable in cost to the cheaper workshops in Singapore ~ SGD 60.

Only the repairs are significantly cheaper due to lower labour costs and if they also stock the parts e.g. for Toyota and Honda.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regular car servicing in Johor is comparable in cost to the cheaper workshops in Singapore ~ SGD 60.

Only the repairs are significantly cheaper due to lower labour costs and if they also stock the parts e.g. for Toyota and Honda.
Depends where which area you go. Labour cost is cheaper over there.
Let me give you an example: Non- conti cars. For regular service, EO and filter. Parts bring ownself, labour in SG oredi like $30-$50.
In JB, is RM30-RM50.

Cheapest regular servicing in SG: $33.30. EO change and OEM Filter and all the safety checks. This workshop still running. They use locally blended EO. Brand not popular. For COE ride, drivers may consider to use.
For newer rides, drivers may not consider.

PS: The key point here is the EO chosen. 5W30, TRD Motul EO with OEM filter, RM300. (Quoted to me last week) Let me know if any SG workshop can offer this price. After conversion is less than SGD$100. (Rate was 3.15, last week)

Also, please don't say, aiyo, the time and jam and the toll fee. Please exclude all these factors.

Last edited:

NiTrOgEnZ

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any workshop in JB area that does reupholstering of seats, dashboard and doors?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Contacted them. But gets routed to their Singapore shop. You have any contact?
Thats the only one i have. Probably, you have drive down to the JB shop. Or you contact this guy whom used to be the sales person of this shop. Last talked to him was apr 2022. He has left the shop to set up his own, mainly rework on steering wheel wrapping. He told me could link up with the cushion shop if i need.

Alvin: +60 12 7179317.

NiTrOgEnZ

Reaction score
Thats the only one i have. Probably, you have drive down to the JB shop. Or you contact this guy whom used to be the sales person of this shop. Last talked to him was apr 2022. He has left the shop to set up his own, mainly rework on steering wheel wrapping. He told me could link up with the cushion shop if i need.

Alvin: +60 12 7179317.
all right! thank you so much

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.