HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree414Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #6421
Great Supremacy Member

Good for you....

I was unlucky becos they can even install air con filter wrongly in my bolehland ride... That shop also happened to be the same name which you used before.

Btw, other shops outside this "chop-carrot" zone also can do certain illegal stuffs also lah....
True enough. 1 bad thing is their shop freaking hot. The bigger shop, not the one beside the hair saloon one. Hot until i don't know how they tahan one.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #6422
Great Supremacy Member

any good places for tyre change? looking at michelin primacy 4, heard from my usual contact xm2 no more liao
Ah Yuan still got XM2. I just change last month at his place.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #6423
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ah Yuan still got XM2. I just change last month at his place.
Seems to be old stock since production ended a year ago.. thats why i look for other similar model... when was urs dated?
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #6424
Master Member

Referring to filter. All rides be in AT/MT, have a filter inside the transmission system.
Thanks boss. Yea i bought one, next svc interval change
BuGGi3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #6425
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks boss. Yea i bought one, next svc interval change
it usually comes in a set - gasket n filter. get a season mech to do it. they will remove the old gasket and use a proper plastic tool to scrap the remains. also clean up the whole pan and magnets to ensure no metal shavings.

filling it up with fresh atf is also tricky, and most mechs will ensure it isn't under or overfilled.
koolaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #6426
Master Member

it usually comes in a set - gasket n filter. get a season mech to do it. they will remove the old gasket and use a proper plastic tool to scrap the remains. also clean up the whole pan and magnets to ensure no metal shavings.

filling it up with fresh atf is also tricky, and most mechs will ensure it isn't under or overfilled.
Thanks for the guidance bro! Yea tranny have to be treated with super extra care. I think I also get them to check my ATF cooler hose as well, it's been a while.
BuGGi3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #6427
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the guidance bro! Yea tranny have to be treated with super extra care. I think I also get them to check my ATF cooler hose as well, it's been a while.
Ya good idea. They usually check the undercarriage when the car is lifted up... Some will also take a quick look at the bushings, joints, check for leaks, tire wear n nails, brake pads.. quite standard.
koolaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #6428

Went jb for ATF change.

workshop changed T-iv instead of WS for my Altis.

Im so pissed. They say it is okay and ask me to return to change back to WS if im worried.

Now my gearbox is diluted with T-iv (up to 50%). Read through forums and conclusion is both are not compatible and should not be mixed.

I think i will change back to WS, next servicing (5000km) drain and top up WS again. what u guys think?
No choice now but to do atf flush. Good luck..
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:33 PM   #6429

Hi I’m looking to wrap my new car rooftop , any recommendation for workshop in Jb ? What’s their estimated price range for the roof Top?
flatterylies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #6430

This guy was spraying his rims black with spray paint in the carpark 2-3 weeks back at our usual parking lots. Just realised there were spots of black paint on car body. Likely the paint spray drifted and land on my car. Haiz.

Bf say nothing I can do, since no proof or camera video etc. Somemore I only realised it now. A cab driver walking pass say paint kana paint cant do much. Will damage the original car paint if try to clean off with paint remover.

Any suggestions here? Damn sua sia...
Old 24-04-2019, 04:37 PM   #6431
Arch-Supremacy Member

Try some WD40. I once had a brush with a pillar in my MSCP and it left some of the red paint on the bumper. At some parts where it didn't scratch my actual paintwork, the red paint came off easily.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #6432

This guy was spraying his rims black with spray paint in the carpark 2-3 weeks back at our usual parking lots. Just realised there were spots of black paint on car body. Likely the paint spray drifted and land on my car. Haiz.

Bf say nothing I can do, since no proof or camera video etc. Somemore I only realised it now. A cab driver walking pass say paint kana paint cant do much. Will damage the original car paint if try to clean off with paint remover.

Any suggestions here? Damn sua sia...
Can try send to WS for polishing.
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 07:29 PM   #6433
Supremacy Member

WD40 is indeed quite a good idea. Try it. Let the solvent soak for 10mins before rubbing off the surface. Do make sure your car has been thoroughly washed before doing this.

Try some WD40. I once had a brush with a pillar in my MSCP and it left some of the red paint on the bumper. At some parts where it didn't scratch my actual paintwork, the red paint came off easily.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #6434
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think I actually read it from somewhere in HWZ, think it was snipfer who shared it last time.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #6435
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think I actually read it from somewhere in HWZ, think it was snipfer who shared it last time.
Huh? Share Simi?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.